Engine oil temperature PID for Torque?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engine oil temperature PID for Torque?

Engine oil temperature PID for Torque?

Hey folks,
    I set up Torque app with a wifi OBDII adapter and have been playing with the available sensors - I have a 2011 Ody. I want to see the engine oil temp and the ATF fluid temp but have default PIDs in the app have no readings. After some research and trial, I was able to add a custom PID for the ATF fluid - thanks to this forum!
    I was not able to successfully add the engine oil temp however - has anyone done that?

Thanks in advance for all help with this!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I don't know that engine oil temperature is even measured anywhere...there's no temperature probe for the engine oil temp that I'm aware of.
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

Well, I dont know for sure that there is an oil temp sensor, but I will be shocked if there isn't one... Every engine these days should have one...
    That being said, since the Torque built-in engine temp sensor is not working, i assumed that our vans have a Honda specific PID for that, much like the ATF fluid sensor. I wonder if anyone with a scan gauge can share whether they can see the engine oil temperature.

thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I have four different scan tools. I have an Innova 3130 (Generic OBDII only), an Autel MD802, Foxwell NT510, and an Autel DS708 and none of them show an engine oil temperature PID for the Odyssey.
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

You don't need to monitor oil temperature on these vans...of course if you're going for forced induction then you need to monitor the oil temp.

What you can monitor is the ATF temps, some folks here found some ways of monitoring the transmission temps.
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCMuzzler - OEM Footwell LED Mod -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers -

Thanks guys - I am monitoring the transmission temp but since I am going to be towing I thought it will make sense to look at the oil temp as well.
    I have a mechanic friend and will see if he has any thoughts on the matter.

You could install a tee in the oil pressure sensor hole and install a stand-alone temp gauge.

Dave
    2002 Odyssey EX Fern (Granite) Green
    Honda hood protector, stainless steel flex brake lines, Honda block heater, AC condenser screen, Zymol wax
    141,000 miles/227,000 kilometres; original transmission; Amsoil MV ATF since 79,000 miles/127,000 kilometres; Magnefine aux ATF filter; Honda aux ATF cooler; 18 drain and fills

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread