Getting New Torque Convertor RECALL under warranty or sorta 2011
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting New Torque Convertor RECALL under warranty or sorta 2011

Getting New Torque Convertor RECALL under warranty or sorta 2011

See TSB Recall Here:
    http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/A16-052.PDF

I got my notice, went in for an oil change pre-105k. Stated that the van has a JUDDER at in Traffic or low speeds to 40mph. Dealer Stated that all was needed was a Software flash. Come in @ 109k for an oil change and reported the same issue. Came back with a BILL for $2500 for a recommended Torque Converter and it's NOT covered under the extended warranty or TSB due to mileage. This is a Bunch of BS! Complained to this dealership that i've ALWAYS gotten my service done there and complained about this issue. American Honda & this dealer ships worked out a 90/10 split due to over the mileage. Whatever, $250 bucks is cheaper than $2500.

Well, On my way to pick up the van and will update you with the results and maybe release the dealer info.

IF you are UNDER the warranty of 105K, I would highly suggest to get this done or PAY like me. The dealer also stated 2 days from start to finish... it's day #3 and they didn't offer a car rental.
    2011 Odyssey Touring, HID 55w 5K H11, HID 35w 5k fogs H11, 9005 LED DRL, Weathertech Mats, K&N Drop-in Filter, H&R Springs, VCMuzzler

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Disappointing to hear that. I have the same judder in my brand new '17 TE. I heard there was going to be a new transmission software update out in august, don't know if that is true or not but still its absolutely ridiculous. I hope a simple software update solves my problem.

Honda better get their sh1t right for 2018, if they fail on the new 10 speed, I am sure they will lose their name and reputation big time.

They should've given you a loaner car, talk with the service manager. I think they should give you a rental car if the repair work is over $400 or something like that.
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - OEM Footwell LED Mod -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

UPDATE: Got van back last night, put a couple of miles on it and it feels better, don't know if it got rid of the transmission moan but def not like a sling shot of power like before. Gonna put some miles on it this weekend. I requested to see the Torque Convertor or old parts for myself and they agreed but when i got there the parts magically disappeared and they said it went back to Honda USA for evaluation. ~Go Figure! My complaint was usually in traffic or stop and go, around 20mph you'll hear the motor rev and then the trans will kick in. It seems much less now, But i'll put more miles on it myself to see if it fixed it. I'm a performance driving instructor and race SCCA and track days so i'm aware if tire PSI is too high or low. So you can say i'm sensitive to how a car should feel. Also, they explained to me about software updates. I figured it out when they say that... They program the trans to shift at different intervals and to allow cooling of the trans faster so that the torque converter doesn't fry itself out. Which in this case usually burns it up. It's a cheap way to get around get people around without full tear down and expense on Honda's fault which make people drive farther and out of their 105K extended warranty and make you pay out of pocket. SO my advise is to complain, complain and have them fix it to end this peace of mind. Software updates is just an excuse to prolong the inevitable. It's Obvious, Honda can't make a transmission to handle the weight of these vans. This dates back to the 2000 odys. Honda is aware of it, but act stupid when you present this issue This experience has taught me to do research and not take this sitting down and paying out of pocket! Honda Customer Service experience makes me want to change brands.

bill from Honda was $2500 my cut was 10%. No loaner car was granted, took 3 days but got an alignment since the subframe was removed.

Now, don't let me get off topic on their factory equipped DVD players that they can't fix either. So much for in vehicle entertainment..
    Last edited by Oggie50; 04-21-2017 at 03:44 PM.
    2011 Odyssey Touring, HID 55w 5K H11, HID 35w 5k fogs H11, 9005 LED DRL, Weathertech Mats, K&N Drop-in Filter, H&R Springs, VCMuzzler

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread