Things Every New Owner Should Know - Page 11
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Things Every New Owner Should Know

Yes and thanks. This exactly what I mean. My 2008 would show all the tire pressures all the way around. I really liked that feature. I am quite anal about have the pressures within .5 of each other. It was a great feature.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Fog mitigation feature in the climate control. If it's close to 32F (0C) you might have your A/C go on to keep the window from fogging up.

I see that you are in California. I too am surprised by the warranty prices in CA. What plan did you end up getting for $700 ?

Quote Originally Posted by a4000 View Post
    To get this thread back on track....how bout this one.

When vehicle is in reverse, slide the mirror selector switch to either side to have the corresponding outside mirror angle downwards so you can see the curb when paralllel parking.
    Does this work on an EXL -RES model? Thanks!

^^ not mine EX-L

Don't remember seeing this posted.

There is a setting for the navigation system that allows you to have another audio device displayed on the nav screen and then when you get close to the next direction on your route, the nav screen will appear and show you the map as well as the next direction. When you pass that point on the map, the display will switch back to the audio that you had originally set.

On our 2012 EX-L, we don't know how to turn off the rear fan's from the front console. Does anyone have a tip? The 2012 owners manual PDF linked in the stickies shows different layout (pg 183) than our actual car. The controls on our car does not have a "Rear On/OFF" button. I've attached a picture of what our car's controls looks like and a screen shot of the manual (PDF) to show the differences.

Things Every New Owner Should Know-interior.jpgThings Every New Owner Should Know-interior2.jpg

When I press the ON/OFF button either both front and rear turn on or they both turn off. The ody is my wifes daily so I cannot run out and read the hard copy manual to see if that is any different. Can anyone shed some light on this?

To turn the rear system completely off, press the ON/OFF button on the rear control panel or press and hold the REAR LOCK button on the front control panel for more than 2 seconds.

Hope that works. I just learned that today too. Thanks for the question.
    Watchman

Quote Originally Posted by dzasta View Post
    On our 2012 EX-L, we don't know how to turn off the rear fan's from the front console. Does anyone have a tip?
    I think the best tip is to browse through this same thread from page 1, it has very good answers already :

Quote Originally Posted by caseyjr View Post
    If you want to turn off the rear air completely (ex. after you drop your kids off at school), press the "lock" button and hold down for two seconds.

- 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES (theirs)
    - Red Radio Flyer Tricycle (theirs)
    - Red Cars Theme Scooter, retractable (theirs)
    - Fisher-Price Jumperoo (SOLD)
    - My other people mover w/5MT (theirs)

Save the Manual Transmissions!

Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    To turn the rear system completely off, press the ON/OFF button on the rear control panel or press and hold the REAR LOCK button on the front control panel for more than 2 seconds.
    Thanks watchman

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoat View Post
    I think the best tip is to browse through this same thread from page 1, it has very good answers already :
    *facepalm* I read through the entire thread but that was two weeks ago. In fact, it was the first thread I read on this site as we were shopping/comparing our options.

Quote Originally Posted by 02maxse View Post
    Pressing the voice button twice eliminates the need to listen to the lady before every voice command.
    In Setup, there is a setting to get rid of the lady totally.
    current:

12 Odyssey Touring Elite Black/Grey
    09 Toyota Prius Touring Silver/Grey
    01 Audi TT Quattro Roadster Black/Black BLOWED UP!

Quote Originally Posted by hasenpfeffer View Post
    The driver's side sliding door will lock and can't be opened while the fuel door is open. Closing the fuel door will unlock the door (if previously unlocked).
    However one should note that if the driver's side sliding door is open you can still open the fuel door at which point will create a problem when closing the sliding door.
    2010 Odyssey EX-L

2006 Odyssey EX-L (traded 19 Jun 2010)

Wallpaper Resolution

When creating a wallpaper for the cars with NAV it should be saved as 800x480 . The manual says the max is 1024x768, but at that resolution there are two black bars on either side. I assume the correct resolution for the EX is 480x320.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdmusic View Post
    When creating a wallpaper for the cars with NAV it should be saved as 800x480 . The manual says the max is 1024x768, but at that resolution there are two black bars on either side. I assume the correct resolution for the EX is 480x320.
    Yes, that what the specs say in the web site. The 480X320 screen should also apply to the EX/L and EX/L with RES

Models without Navigation: i-MID with 8" WQVGA (480x320) Screen
    Models with Navigation: i-MID with 8" High-Resolution WVGA (800x480) Screen

2012 Honda Odyssey - Specifications - Official Honda Site

- 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES (theirs)
    - Red Radio Flyer Tricycle (theirs)
    - Red Cars Theme Scooter, retractable (theirs)
    - Fisher-Price Jumperoo (SOLD)
    - My other people mover w/5MT (theirs)

Save the Manual Transmissions!

XM Radio Receiver unavailable (in Canada at least) for 2011 Odyssey as of end of May, 2012. Cross reference thread on XM No Sound Available What Soever. Apparently because of an identified software problem Honda is not shipping replacement units until a software fix has been found.

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements