2 child seat configuration...
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 child seat configuration...

Question 2 child seat configuration...

Hi all,

If you have 2 carseats in your second row, where are you situating them? I will be picking up my Ody next week and have still not decided where to put the child seats. If you put one in each 2nd row outboard seat, you are not able to fold one forward to get to the third row, correct? So are you removing the center console/seat to use as a middle walk through? Or are you putting one carseat in the outboard seat and the second one in the middle seat and then using the one side outboard seat to get to the back? Not sure if I am making sense. Just trying to gain some perspective! Thanks all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by soon2bscrmom View Post
    Hi all,

If you have 2 carseats in your second row, where are you situating them? I will be picking up my Ody next week and have still not decided where to put the child seats. If you put one in each 2nd row outboard seat, you are not able to fold one forward to get to the third row, correct? So are you removing the center console/seat to use as a middle walk through? Or are you putting one carseat in the outboard seat and the second one in the middle seat and then using the one side outboard seat to get to the back? Not sure if I am making sense. Just trying to gain some perspective! Thanks all!
    I took out the middle seat- that way it's a "walkway" in/out to the 3rd row.

The other thing I do is fold the smaller seat in the 3rd row - then open the trunk and let my oldest just climb in that way.
    Don

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
    Polished Metal Metallic/ Grey
    <---new ...... gone but not forgotten-->

if your seats are forward facing, you can still flip the outside seats forward (without kids in them) to get to the 3rd row. It's reduced a bit, but works anyway.
    2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L: Polished Metal Metallic (bought 1/16/11) 5AT
    2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan: Fiji Blue Pearl (bought 02/16/08, sold 9/6/09) 6MT
    2008 Honda Civic LX Sedan: Tango Red Pearl (bought 2/16/08) 5MT
    2007 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD: Whistler Silver Metallic (bought 9/26/07, traded 1/16/11) 5AT
    1998 Honda Civic DX Coupe: Vogue Silver Metallic (bought 6/23/03, sold 2/17/08) 5MT

^^ Same here. I have 1 forward facing and 1 rear facing right now. They are in the second row outboard seats. The forward facing seat can still slide forward to access the 3rd row, not quite as much room, but works. Make sure to use LATCH so the seat belt doesn't get in the way, too. We also use "wide" mode for the 2nd row so that the middle seat works for Momma when the little one just won't settle down and needs to be entertained, or fed.
    2011 Smoky Topaz Metallic Odyssey EX-L w/ Nav

What about 3 car seats? 2 front facing and 1 rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Poonaka View Post
    my wife and I plan on using the wide configuration for our children, with the infant seat at one of the outer locations so that we've got ready access for the infant carrier. also means that seat has the easiest forward flip.
    2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L: Polished Metal Metallic (bought 1/16/11) 5AT
    2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan: Fiji Blue Pearl (bought 02/16/08, sold 9/6/09) 6MT
    2008 Honda Civic LX Sedan: Tango Red Pearl (bought 2/16/08) 5MT
    2007 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD: Whistler Silver Metallic (bought 9/26/07, traded 1/16/11) 5AT
    1998 Honda Civic DX Coupe: Vogue Silver Metallic (bought 6/23/03, sold 2/17/08) 5MT

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cderalow View Post
    if your seats are forward facing, you can still flip the outside seats forward (without kids in them) to get to the 3rd row. It's reduced a bit, but works anyway.
    I'd say that is a pretty tight entry to the 3rd row if you have a full sized seat like the Britax Marathon.

We are purchasing an EX next week. I didn't bother trying to fit the seats because I believe we'll need to use the two outboard seats. There are 2 adults and 2 kids (child seats) in our family. We often take my mother out with us, so we'll leave the middle row in for my wife to ride in, put my elderly mother in the front seat and leave the back empty for "stuff". If we can get 2 marathons side by side, we'll do center/outboard.

If we need to take additional people, I guess we'll remove and stow the centre seat (row 2) and walk through to the rear. We've been getting by with a 7 passenger van until now, so if we have to remove the centre seat from time to time, it won't be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    I'd say that is a pretty tight entry to the 3rd row if you have a full sized seat like the Britax Marathon.

We are purchasing an EX next week. I didn't bother trying to fit the seats because I believe we'll need to use the two outboard seats. There are 2 adults and 2 kids (child seats) in our family. We often take my mother out with us, so we'll leave the middle row in for my wife to ride in, put my elderly mother in the front seat and leave the back empty for "stuff". If we can get 2 marathons side by side, we'll do center/outboard.

If we need to take additional people, I guess we'll remove and stow the centre seat (row 2) and walk through to the rear. We've been getting by with a 7 passenger van until now, so if we have to remove the centre seat from time to time, it won't be a big deal.
    You should be able to do two Marathons side by side. I did when my niece and nephew were visiting. I've also done infant middle and Britax behind driver plenty. lately since it's just the 4 of us the back row is folded down and kids are on each side so my toddler doesn't whack at the infant's seat. She can't get to him but she can get to the outside of the seat to disturb him.

Note to installing one on the middle seat and one on the captain chair, while it works, you don't want 2 little ones sitting too close next to each other, believe me. A 10 minute drive is OK, but after the 11th minute...

That is correct, my car seats are Britax Marathon (each on the captain chairs), and that option is not really a go.

- 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES (theirs)
    - Red Radio Flyer Tricycle (theirs)
    - Red Cars Theme Scooter, retractable (theirs)
    - Fisher-Price Jumperoo (SOLD)
    - My other people mover w/5MT (theirs)

Save the Manual Transmissions!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoat View Post
    That is correct, my car seats are Britax Marathon (each on the captain chairs), and that option is not really a go.
    I took a pic just to give an idea, the problem is the back seat inclination needed by the britax
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 child seat configuration...-2011_odyssey_2nd_row_britax.jpg  

Something like this, in that way driver and front passenger have space to slide backwards and recline a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoat View Post
    Something like this, in that way driver and front passenger have space to slide backwards and recline a bit.

Yah that looks good. Do the kids fight much in that configuration?

Yah that looks good. Do the kids fight much in that configuration?
    In my case the kids sitting to the sides are the oldest and will always fight but they won't reach each other easily . I have an infant in the middle, so yet to be seen. They are very respectful and quiet when she is on board though, it may be a good sign

Also, notice that the middle seat slides forward so the front passenger can assist if needed (rear or forward facing)

Check this post, I have an ugly pic there if interested. Same configuration, yet I have 2 rear facing instead of only 1:

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L. 3 car seats across the 2nd row

I have two rear facing seats on the ends and a forward facing seat in the middle. The second row is pushed wide to give maximum room between the car seats.

I love my van! And this is the reason why, fitting the car seats and the cargo. I had a Britax Boulevard forward facing and an infant seat rear facing in each of the outboard seats. I'm able to access the 3rd row by lifting the forward facing car seat with plenty of room!

Plus, my favorite story is fitting three car seats in the 2nd row (2 forward facing in the outboard seats with 1 infant car seat in the middle), three adults in the 3rd row, with two strollers in the trunk and we still were comfortable and had enough room. Our trip with friends to the zoo was doable all in one car!

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements