TSB 11-004 - Front Bumper Paint Is Peeling at the Front Fender Gap
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TSB 11-004 - Front Bumper Paint Is Peeling at the Front Fender Gap

TSB 11-004 - Front Bumper Paint Is Peeling at the Front Fender Gap

We took our van in to get roof rails installed, and I mentioned that we had the peeling issue. We also scratched up the side of the bumper pretty good recently (I'm used to driving something higher off the ground) and I pointed that out too. I thought we might be able to get a deal since they have to take the bumper off to fix the peeling.

The service department called later that day to say that they would fill in and fix our scratches for the cost of an hour labor ($80). The cost of removing the bumper and all the other paint and prep work is covered by Honda since they have to repaint the entire bumper anyway.

I'm not sure if they just would have gone ahead and fixed it for free had I not said anything (doubtful), but I think I got a pretty good deal. It was a very opportune time because we never would have paid to have the bumper removed and repainted or replaced to the tune of $500-1000.

Now I just have to hope that the paint job looks good and doesn't look like a different color then the body...

They are also doing the windshield wiper repair while it's in the shop. I didn't bother mentioning the low battery issue because it was already in the shop for that, and there is no solution yet.
    Last edited by staypuppy; 04-08-2011 at 12:52 PM.
    Amy

--
    2011 Touring Elite / Smoky Topaz

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements