Dash pads review
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dash pads review

Dash pads review

Just installed my dash pads from pads plus. Fit and finish is perfect. come with 2 sided square tape. 9 piece set. the top center console pad is the best being that is probably the most slippery and most used. Material is like the bottom of a mouse pad. Got mine on ebay. 10 outta 10 !! highly recommend everyone get these !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

pads plus photos?

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Just installed my dash pads from pads plus. Fit and finish is perfect. come with 2 sided square tape. 9 piece set. the top center console pad is the best being that is probably the most slippery and most used. Material is like the bottom of a mouse pad. Got mine on ebay. 10 outta 10 !! highly recommend everyone get these !!
    Cool! When you get a chance, can you snap some photos and post? Would really be interested in seeing them...on top of your favorable review.
    2011 HONDA ODYSSEY EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Gray fog lights, remote-starter, body-side moulding, splash guards, a/s floor mats | TSB 10-081, Low Battery Re-Charged & Sensor Reset @ 62 miles
    2002 BMW 525i Titanium Silver/Gray all weather & convenience packages
    1999 NISSAN ALTIMA SE Nighthawk Black/Gray fully stock except splash-guards sold 4.10.2011 @ 85,824 miles

Quote Originally Posted by manfrotto View Post
    Cool! When you get a chance, can you snap some photos and post? Would really be interested in seeing them...on top of your favorable review.
    Ditto.
    Bill
    SENIOR CHIEF UNITED STATES NAVY RETIRED
    24 yrs, 2 months, 28 days, 1 wake-up

2011 EX-L, Polished Metal, Splash guards and those spiffy Honda all-weather mats and cargo tray, Fog lights, OEM hitch and harness

2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax, SR5, TRD, Huskyliners, TRD Sway Bar,4x4, a very nice shade of black

Pics please...

had a crazy day today. will post pics , gonna take a few days though

Beautiful picture on EBay, better than what we can do:

EBay 2011 Ody Pads

This is the 3rd Ody I have put the pads into, for some reason, he did not include nearly as many locations with this one. In my Gen3, every nook got one of these, and they all held up well.

These were the least quality cuts of all of them too. I found them all to be slightly too big, should be some clearance around the edges for two reasons... one, so that the edges don't get pushed up the sides, and two, so moisture doesn't pool inside the pad. The clearance on our 2006 was good.

That said, they are still crucial, the reason I like them most is they cut down on rattling big time with whatever is in a cubby. Fortunately I have some leftover pads from 2006 to put in some of the side bins around the Ody where I think this might be an issue.

Don't even need a picture, these are so cheap and return so many orders of magnitude their value, just buy them. P.S. is this post in the wrong place?

Just installed them in my ody. In my opinion, these pads are definitely worth the money.

The pad for center console tray in particular saves my iphone from sliding back and forth

Do these stick down with adhesive? If so, what happens when you remove them?
    2014 Odyssey Touring Elite - White Diamond Pearl/Truffle
    2013 Odyssey Touring Elite - Smokey Topaz Metallic/Truffle interior (Sold)
    2012 Sienna Limited AWD (Sold)
    2012 QX56 - Silver (Sold)
    2011 Odyssey Touring Elite - Alabaster Silver (Sold)
    2011 Odyssey Touring - Polished Metal Grey (Sold)

Banned
    Aren't these really console pads? Dash pads fit on the upper dashboard don't they? In the mean time, do you find crumbs and stuff making their way under the console pads? Why do you need them in the cup holder area? Don't the rubber fingers keep the cups in place?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    Aren't these really console pads?
    Yes

Dash pads fit on the upper dashboard don't they?
    Yes

In the mean time, do you find crumbs and stuff making their way under the console pads?
    Yes. I have these in my Pilot to keep things from sliding around on the center console. Every month or two I have to pull them up to clean crumbs and crap around the nooks and crannys. I actually just ordered a new set for my Pilot, as the old set was 3 years old, and the neoprene was starting to loose its grip. Still worthwile in my opinion, just to keep my phone and sunglasses from sliding around on the hard plastic of the console.

Why do you need them in the cup holder area? Don't the rubber fingers keep the cups in place?
    I didn't bother with the cupholder ones.
    2014 Civic Si - Crystal Black Pearl
    2012 Pilot EXL-RES - Polished Metal
    2009 Odyssey EXL-RES Bali Blue
    2011 Mazda3i Touring Crystal White Pearl
    Other Recent Rides:
    2005 Mazda RX8 GT Velocity Red
    2008 Pilot EXL-RES Formal Black
    2003 Odyssey EXL-RES Redrock Pearl
    2004 Mazda 6S Lapis Blue
    2002 Accord EXL Black

Quote Originally Posted by tl01 View Post
    Do these stick down with adhesive? If so, what happens when you remove them?
    The pads come with a few double sided tapes. From my experience, these do not leave any trace in the interior trim, when removed.

Reviving this thread to add that I just bought a set of these on Ebay. They arrived quickly and they fit perfectly. I have my doubts about the double-sided tape holding up through 100 degree summers and 10 degree winters, but only time will tell. Even if I have to re-tape every once in a while, it'll be worth it. These are very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticRick View Post
    Reviving this thread to add that I just bought a set of these on Ebay. They arrived quickly and they fit perfectly. I have my doubts about the double-sided tape holding up through 100 degree summers and 10 degree winters, but only time will tell. Even if I have to re-tape every once in a while, it'll be worth it. These are very nice.
    If it's any reassurance, I installed these in my 2008 and after 3 years they are still holding tight with chicago winters and summers and vacumn cleaner attacks at the car wash.
    '08 EX-L

Truthfully the only spot I think needs this is the front center console top area, everything slides in that spot, the rest isn't really necessary IMO. For just that area the price is to high, most of the pieces are cup holders. plus I have truffle interior and these may stand out too much.
    2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L NAVI
    Taffeta White w/ Truffle Leather
    20% 3M Charcoal Tinted Front Windows
    Body Side Moldings - Door Edge Guards
    Splash Guards - Wheel Locks
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors
    Rubber All-Season Mats - Cargo Tray

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Truthfully the only spot I think needs this is the front center console top area, everything slides in that spot, the rest isn't really necessary IMO. For just that area the price is to high, most of the pieces are cup holders. plus I have truffle interior and these may stand out too much.
    It also does a good job of stopping things from rattling around, keeping things a little quieter inside the echo chamber called Odyssy. So it's more than just keeping things from sliding around.
    '08 EX-L

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements