Parking Sensor stopped working?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parking Sensor stopped working?

Parking Sensor stopped working?

Hi

I have a 2011 EX-L RES. The parking sensor feature was working great but yesterday I noticed on 2 separate trips that both the rear and front sensor were not giving any feedback. That includes both audio & visual on both the dash and the console.

The parking sensor button (near the the tailgate button) is switched on and is lit green. The switch does make noise when you turn it on. Is there anywhere else that this can be disabled? Strange that it would just stop working. Anyone else have problems with this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

For some reason my front sensors were showing an error code yesterday even though they were perfectly clean, etc. It went away after a few hours and seems to be working now.
    2011 Odyssey Touring (Canadian)
    Taffeta White

Quote Originally Posted by striker3636 View Post
    For some reason my front sensors were showing an error code yesterday even though they were perfectly clean, etc. It went away after a few hours and seems to be working now.
    Curious where you go to see the error codes?

Probably shouldnt have called it that, its an icon that shows up in the top left corner of the nav display (not sure what happens on models without nav), manual says it indicates there has been a failure with the parking sensor system and to see dealer unless the sensors are very dirty or obstructed (they werent).
    2011 Odyssey Touring (Canadian)
    Taffeta White

Quote Originally Posted by striker3636 View Post
    Probably shouldnt have called it that, its an icon that shows up in the top left corner of the nav display (not sure what happens on models without nav), manual says it indicates there has been a failure with the parking sensor system and to see dealer unless the sensors are very dirty or obstructed (they werent).
    Looked in my manual and it does the same on the non-nav models when there is a problem. However, I am receiving no warnings. I cleaned the sensors and still nothing. I even disabled the rear sensors and it confirmed that they were turned off. Turned them back on, and still nothing. Guess I will have to take it to the dealer.

I find the front sensors on my '12 TE to be ineffective. With no sensors facing directly forward (only 2 sensors facing at oblique angles), I have already damaged the front fascia on our van. Just today, pulling into a parking lot with a car already in the space directly in front of me. We were facing nose to nose, absolutely square. As I inched closer waiting for the beep to go off, my wife said 'you're getting a little too close'. Of course I ignored her only giving up when I realized that I was getting close. We shut down and as I walked away I noticed that I was already mushed into his front end. Quickly I jumped in and backed up a foot. Returning to the front of the car, I was relieved to notice that I hadn't damaged his bumper, but totally bummed to find that his license plate frame left a nice crease on mine. A few weeks ago, I was pulling into a space that was bordered in front by a 6 foot high cement wall. It was angled slightly away from the car. Same thing no beep, and a nice 3 inch smear where it rubbed the paint off the front bumper as I plowed into it. The back sensors seem to work fine but beware to those putting faith in the fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by indyrich View Post
    I find the front sensors on my '12 TE to be ineffective. With no sensors facing directly forward (only 2 sensors facing at oblique angles), I have already damaged the front fascia on our van. Just today, pulling into a parking lot with a car already in the space directly in front of me. We were facing nose to nose, absolutely square. As I inched closer waiting for the beep to go off, my wife said 'you're getting a little too close'. Of course I ignored her only giving up when I realized that I was getting close. We shut down and as I walked away I noticed that I was already mushed into his front end. Quickly I jumped in and backed up a foot. Returning to the front of the car, I was relieved to notice that I hadn't damaged his bumper, but totally bummed to find that his license plate frame left a nice crease on mine. A few weeks ago, I was pulling into a space that was bordered in front by a 6 foot high cement wall. It was angled slightly away from the car. Same thing no beep, and a nice 3 inch smear where it rubbed the paint off the front bumper as I plowed into it. The back sensors seem to work fine but beware to those putting faith in the fronts.
    Really true about the front parking sensors be ineffective, four sensors is the best to have, is not that hard for Honda to add two-more sensors for their top-end model.

I saw this nice Bumper guard when I just got the van.....now I installed four sensors in the Front & Rear, now the BumpShox is still on To-buy list, there still bad driver still don't know how to park.

Linky: Front and Rear Bumper Protection Works. Bumper Guards Have Never Looked This Good.

and here for the Rear bumper protection.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by nomorenow; 02-18-2013 at 12:38 AM.
    "My 2012 LX - Accessories on going Weekend projects w/Pics""
    My DYI's...OEM Weather mats,Console,Side-Molding l DDM HID kit l Chrome Pillars l Viper Alarm l Flip Key case l Windows & Sunstrip Tint l Sony Backup camera l 5"GPS mirror l Kenwood USB player l Opti-Coat 2.0 l Full Clear Bra l AVS Hood Deflector l WeatherTech Side Deflectors l BMW X5 rims l Foot Illumination l K&N Fliter l 11 Speakers upgrades l Front & Rear Parking Sensors l VIP Curtains l Painted Mud Guards & Side Skirts and more.

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements