The Official 2011-2012 Honda Odyssey "Tips & Tricks" Thread
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Official 2011-2012 Honda Odyssey "Tips & Tricks" Thread

The Official 2011-2012 Honda Odyssey "Tips & Tricks" Thread

Just got my car yesterday and since there's no thread of this nature on the site I thought I'd start one in the hopes that you good people would post 'em up for me and other future newbs.

In reading the site these past few weeks I recall reading about ways to get all the doors to open on one press of the unlock button and such that might not be covered in the owners manual. Anyone know how?

BJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

There already is a tips and tricks thread. It just has a different name:

Things Every New Owner Should Know

Now you're putting dvpatel to work as he had to merge your thread with this older one.

Should we just make the "things every new owner should know" thread into a sticky that remains at the top of the forum?

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring (Canadian) Polished Metal Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Gstom1 View Post

Now you're putting dvpatel to work as he had to merge your thread with this older one.

Should we just make the "things every new owner should know" thread into a sticky that remains at the top of the forum?
    Sorry about that. Looks like it's buried on Page 4, so a sticky might be best.

BJ

In answer to your door unlock question, which trim of Odyssey do you have?

On Touring models, you can set the door unlock behavior from the driver's MID using the controls on the streering wheel. See page 124 of the owners manual.

I'm not sure if this can be done in lower trim levels. Can someone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
    Sorry about that. Looks like it's buried on Page 4, so a sticky might be best.

BJ
    If yo have the time, go through that thread I found a few helpful tips there when I first got my van.

Quote Originally Posted by Gstom1 View Post

Yeah that's work for me. I don't like work. .

On a more serious note, the prior gen has a similar thread but its called the cool new feature thread in the 3rd gen. So, a dedicated tips and tricks threads is a good idea for each gen forum. I think we should hange the title to remove the model years for future though. Let me sleep over this one.

Oh. BTW. The linked thread is now a Sticky. I no longer read all the posts so if you feel something should be stickied, please feel free to PM me.
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

8. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements