Reset Oil Light on my 2011 Odyssey
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reset Oil Light on my 2011 Odyssey

Reset Oil Light on my 2011 Odyssey

OK, I think I am smart person, but resetting this light has me stumped...

I read the manual. We had gone -600 over what our car wanted us to go before an oil change so that is the first obnoxious screen I see on my dash.

I turn the key to position II and hold the button until the screen blinks... Now What? I have pressed the button, scrolled through the screens, released and held for 5 seconds... it wont go away!

Im sure I am missing something simple... does anybody want to help me out?

- Key to position II
    - Hold down reset button
    - Oil info flashes
    - Now what???

Thank you!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

When I did it I started on the oil life screen and pushed the button for 10 seconds. It then shows the service required and possibly some other screens if you keep pushing it. Mine was an A1 service, so on that screen, I pushed and held the button for another 5-10 seconds and it reset it. Hopefully that makes sense and you can get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by BobShishka View Post

Im sure I am missing something simple... does anybody want to help me out?

- Key to position II
    - Hold down reset button
    - Oil info flashes
    - Now what???

Thank you!!!!!
    After holding down the reset button for approx 10 secs, and the oil info flashes... you LET GO of the button.
    The oil info should still be on the screen flashing.
    You then PUSH AND HOLD the button AGAIN... and keep holding it until the flashing stops and the oil life is reset (approx 5 secs).

That's it!

OK, Thank you!!!!

I pressed until it blinked, released. Then pressed and held again.... still there. Pressed and held again.... BAM! It reset.

Thank you!

I don't want to start a new thread, and after searching this is the closest one - I guess.....

I don't want to start an argument about following the factory recommended intervals, but, I'm planning on changing my oil (2nd change) with about 40% left on the maintenance minder. If I reset the MM for oil like to 100%, how will that monkey with the other maintenance items that come up as a service indicator? B1, A1, etc...?

Thanks in advance. ~Eric
    ~Eric

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L - Smokey Topaz Metallic - Daily Driver
    2003 BMW M3 - TiAg - Frequent Fun Car
    2013 Toyota Prius Persona - Blizzard Pearl - Wife's Daily Driver
    1999 A-MAC D-Sportsracer - Yellow - Occasional Really Fun Car
    1964 Triumph TR-4 - Signal Red - Abused and Neglected 1st Car

My 1st oil change is due (A1) , with 4,850 miles on it .......and these 0-20w oil not cheap, brought it $26.89 last weekend.
    this should come handy.

Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    After holding down the reset button for approx 10 secs, and the oil info flashes... you LET GO of the button.
    The oil info should still be on the screen flashing.
    You then PUSH AND HOLD the button AGAIN... and keep holding it until the flashing stops and the oil life is reset (approx 5 secs).

That's it!
    "My 2012 LX - Accessories on going Weekend projects w/Pics""
    My DYI's...OEM Weather mats,Console,Side-Molding l DDM HID kit l Chrome Pillars l Viper Alarm l Flip Key case l Windows & Sunstrip Tint l Sony Backup camera l 5"GPS mirror l Kenwood USB player l Opti-Coat 2.0 l Full Clear Bra l AVS Hood Deflector l WeatherTech Side Deflectors l BMW X5 rims l Foot Illumination l K&N Fliter l 11 Speakers upgrades l Front & Rear Parking Sensors l VIP Curtains l Painted Mud Guards & Side Skirts and more.

Quote Originally Posted by SFR-DSR-44 View Post
    I don't want to start a new thread, and after searching this is the closest one - I guess.....

I don't want to start an argument about following the factory recommended intervals, but, I'm planning on changing my oil (2nd change) with about 40% left on the maintenance minder. If I reset the MM for oil like to 100%, how will that monkey with the other maintenance items that come up as a service indicator? B1, A1, etc...?

Thanks in advance. ~Eric
    When you go to do the reset, it will show you the maintenance codes that WOULD HAVE shown up had you waited till 15%. You want to write those down before you go through with the reset. That's the only notification you get and if you reset it, the car assumes that you have performed those maintenance items.

Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    When you go to do the reset, it will show you the maintenance codes that WOULD HAVE shown up had you waited till 15%. You want to write those down before you go through with the reset. That's the only notification you get and if you reset it, the car assumes that you have performed those maintenance items.
    Perfect! Thanks a lot!
    ~Eric

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L - Smokey Topaz Metallic - Daily Driver
    2003 BMW M3 - TiAg - Frequent Fun Car
    2013 Toyota Prius Persona - Blizzard Pearl - Wife's Daily Driver
    1999 A-MAC D-Sportsracer - Yellow - Occasional Really Fun Car
    1964 Triumph TR-4 - Signal Red - Abused and Neglected 1st Car

aus
    I can't seem to get this to work on a 2013 Touring (not Elite). I've pushed the button for 30 seconds and nothing flashes.
    Is there a different procedure for the Touring vans?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements