2013 rumored changes? Anyone Know? - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 rumored changes? Anyone Know?

Quote Originally Posted by dusty179 View Post
    I think the Oddy needs at least a 6 speed std on all models (wouldn't it be cheaper to manufacture only one tranny?).
    A lot of times you'll read where a manufacturer does not have the capacity to supply all the "good stuff" for the full model line. GM & Chrysler are good ones for this also. Not sure about Ford.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Backup cameras are mandated for 2014 if I remember correctly.
    Bill
    SENIOR CHIEF UNITED STATES NAVY RETIRED
    24 yrs, 2 months, 28 days, 1 wake-up

2011 EX-L, Polished Metal, Splash guards and those spiffy Honda all-weather mats and cargo tray, Fog lights, OEM hitch and harness

2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax, SR5, TRD, Huskyliners, TRD Sway Bar,4x4, a very nice shade of black

Info date getting closer?

This is for the 2013 Pilot, the backup camera is the only highlight:

Most significant changes: A backup camera is now standard across the lineup
    Price change: TBA
    On sale: Later this summer

Which should you buy, 2012 or 2013? The 2012 won our Family Car of the Year award; theres no need to wait for 2013.

Honda's midsize SUV was freshened for 2012, and the big news for 2013 is a standard backup camera. Other than that, the automaker says Pilot will see only minor trim-level content additions for the new model year.
    The two- or all-wheel-drive Pilot returns for 2013 in LX, EX, EX-L and Touring trims. The EX-L version is again available with the Rear Entertainment System Package or the Navigation Package. Last year, a backup camera was standard on midlevel EX-L and uplevel Touring models and unavailable on LX and EX versions.

Honda is making a backup camera standard across its entire lineup for 2013. It was previously standard on several vehicles for model-year 2012, but for 2013, the Pilot, Accord, Crosstour, CR-Z, Odyssey and Ridgeline join the list.

The 2013 Honda Pilot goes on sale later this summer. No word yet on pricing, but Honda spokesman Chuck Schifsky told Cars.com that "in typical Honda fashion, pricing will go up a couple of hundred dollars and there will not be a big price jump." Model-year 2012 Pilots start at $29,450, including an $830 destination charge, and it looks like there's no shortage of them: Cars.com's nationwide inventory lists 14,683 2012s.

[Cars.com]

- 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES (theirs)
    - Red Radio Flyer Tricycle (theirs)
    - Red Cars Theme Scooter, retractable (theirs)
    - Fisher-Price Jumperoo (SOLD)
    - My other people mover w/5MT (theirs)

Save the Manual Transmissions!

2013 Honda Odyssey: What's Changed

• Most significant changes: A backup camera is now standard across the lineup
    • Price change: TBA
    • On sale: This fall
    • Which should you buy, 2012 or 2013? The 2012 is the winner of Cars.com's Ultimate Minivan Shootout; there's no need to wait for 2013.

For the 2013 model year, the Honda Odyssey gets a standard backup camera on all trims. Previously, a backup camera was only available on the EX-L, Touring and Touring Elite trims. For 2013, the Pilot, Accord, Crosstour, CR-Z and Ridgeline also get a standard backup camera.

Besides the backup camera, and some minor, yet to be specified, content changes on some trims, the Odyssey carryovers to 2013 relatively unchanged. The 2013 Odyssey will be available in LX, EX, EX-L, Touring and Touring Elite trims.

The 2013 Honda Odyssey goes on sale later this fall. There's no word yet on pricing.

[Cars.com]

2011 exl with entertainment centre here. 12000 Kim's so far. Goes in for it's second scheduled
    maintainance next week. Hoping no issues but I agree with everyone who says test drive the one you Are buying before signing off. I have none of the wind noise or vibration issues some complain of but I did have a wind noise issue in my previous generation.

Any possibility of push button start ?

Guys, I work on the side for a major Canadian automotive press group, and as of last week we still could not get the 2013 changes from Honda Canada. The Canadian EX does have the back-up camera, USB port and Bluetooth standard, so that would be an easy upgrade to the US version.

Recently spent a week with a CR-V EX-L press car and you quickly get hooked to having the backup camera.
    I have V-TEC, and I will use it...

---------------------------------------------

2012 Odyssey EX, Crystal Black Pearl on Truffle, body side mouldings, oem mudguards, cargo net, cargo tray, LX wheel kit for winter (steelies, covers, tpms, nuts & all).

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0S, 6-speed stick, Magnetic Grey, oem wheel locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
    The Canadian EX does have the back-up camera, USB port and Bluetooth standard, so that would be an easy upgrade to the US version.
    The US EX also comes with USB input and Bluetooth for the current year model (2012)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoat View Post
    The US EX also comes with USB input and Bluetooth for the current year model (2012)

Hadn't checked - that was a "major" complaint of InsideLine in their comparison test of the 2011 crop of minivans. Not being able to pair an iPhone is a drama for these guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
    Hadn't checked - that was a "major" complaint of InsideLine in their comparison test of the 2011 crop of minivans. Not being able to pair an iPhone is a drama for these guys!
    Yes, but now the complaint is that it does not work properly with some late Android based handsets, telling you

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoat View Post
    Yes, but now the complaint is that it does not work properly with some late Android based handsets, telling you
    ...great, I have an Android phone! Bluetooth et all is a whole new world to me, so I'll let you know how it goes when I get the van next month.
    I have V-TEC, and I will use it...

---------------------------------------------

2012 Odyssey EX, Crystal Black Pearl on Truffle, body side mouldings, oem mudguards, cargo net, cargo tray, LX wheel kit for winter (steelies, covers, tpms, nuts & all).

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0S, 6-speed stick, Magnetic Grey, oem wheel locks.

all I can find online is that the camera will become standard across the line.
    I was in a similar spot in 2006 and I ended up getting a 2006 Touring-Curse the Pax! I am now looking at a 2012 EX-L RES or 2013-I will wait a few more weeks.
    Eric
    2002 EX-L GG 123456 miles (fun to type for once) which is time to be retired though still working fine
    2006 Touring Pearl 96000 miles

This isn't an expected change for 2013, but it's fair to assume the next generation Odyssey will likely receive the new "Earth Dreams" V6 from Honda along with a CVT transmission to improve fuel economy. Maybe 2014 or 2015?

Honda Accord, Fit and Pilot to receive Dreamy new engines, CVTs

We have a 2012 EX-L with Nav and have no rattle or wind noise issues whatsoever. I even recently installed roof racks and cross bars and it's still quiet even with the sunroof open.

No changes are noted in TSB 12-044-2013 Odyssey PDI Information, so we'll have to wait until information is available.
    2008 Odyssey Touring non-PAX
    Silver Pearl Metallic w/ Black Interior
    Mobil 1 5W-20 with Honda Oil Filter 15400-PLM-A01 or 15400-PLM-A02
    Shell (or other Top-Tier Gas)
    Honda Care 6yr/120K from Bernardi Honda
    WeatherTech FloorLiner (1st, 2nd, 3rd Row)
    WeatherTech Cargo Liner (Coverage Area: Behind 2nd Seat)

TSBs applied: 07-045 (Brake Pedal Is Low and Feels Soft), 08-080 (Wind Noise or Rattle From Front Doors), 09-053 (Product Update: Lock-Up Clutch Judders Between 2045 MPH / PCM Update for Lock-Up Clutch Function), 10-024 (No XM Sound, But XM Station Information Is Displayed)

Safety Recalls applied: 10-017 (Air In VSA Modulator-Control Unit Causes Low/Soft Brake Pedal)

Warranty Repairs: Torque converter replaced at 38,349 miles, Water passage replaced at 38,349 miles, HOSE A, WATER, HOSE C, WATER, and RUBBER, THERMOSTAT MOUNTING replaced at 39,673 miles. Second software update (unreleased and released) applied to PCM

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements