Prices paid for the 2013 Odyssey - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Prices paid for the 2013 Odyssey

Bought the 2013 Smoky Topaz / Truffle EX-L RES College Station, TX. Paid Cash, No trade

Price $34401.91
    Sales Tax (6.25) 2150.12
    Dealer Inventory Tax 64.74
    Document Fee 50.00
    State Inspection 23.75
    State, License, Title 92.25
    Plate Transfer 5.00

OTD $36, 787.77 CASH No Trade

Couldn't get a better price from Fort Worth, Austin or Houston.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Resumegeek View Post
    Bought the 2013 Smoky Topaz / Truffle EX-L RES College Station, TX. Paid Cash, No trade

Price $34401.91
    Sales Tax (6.25) 2150.12
    Dealer Inventory Tax 64.74
    Document Fee 50.00
    State Inspection 23.75
    State, License, Title 92.25
    Plate Transfer 5.00

OTD $36, 787.77 CASH No Trade

Couldn't get a better price from Fort Worth, Austin or Houston.
    Thanks Resumegeek. Enjoy your ride.

You and wlw (from post #12) show that the document fee is $50. One dealer give me the document fee is $189 and the other is $180....this is strange..are they jack up the price for me?

Just got another quote from another dealer for $44,837 for drive out price for TE. Looked at 2012 price thread, people got alot better price for their TE.
    - 2013 Honda Odyssey TE Smoky Topaz/Truffle
    - 2010 Honda Freed E Navi Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic -- SOLD
    - 2008 Honda CRV EXL 2WD Glacier Blue Metallic/Gray -- SOLD
    - 2006 Honda Odyssey EXL NAV&RES Slate Green Metallic/Olive -- SOLD
    - 1998 Honda Accord EXL V6 Heather Mist Metallic -- R.I.P

Frustrating. Plus the internet lets you obtain so much info.

Anyone in the Bay Area getting their 2013 EX-L lately? So far I don't have much luck with the 2012 so I'm thinking about including 2013 model in my search as well. Any info is appreciated.

wlw
    I got some of the dealers quoting for $180+ for doc. fee also. I don't know what they are doing at all.

wlw, are you still looking?

hup
    Count me in as another Texas buyer...been checking these websites for a couple of weeks now. Getting ready to purchase asap. I'm not looking forward to it based on the posts I've seen here... Thanks for the Texas information posted so far. I'll do the same when I start it this weekend.

wlw
    huy30, I am still looking and hope to be done with it soon.
    Any luck with the quotes?

wlw, I got another quote from another dealer...this one is the cheapest by about $500 if I dont take their $500 package that they include with the van...or I pay about the same with other dealers but get few accessories from the package.

May be this is not a good time to buy 2013 but it's harder and harder to find 2012. I will buy extended warranty this time plus several accessories as before, so this TE will be almost $50K van. I may have to go down to Touring or even back to EXL.

wlw
    Just bought the 2013 Odyssey EX-L at John Eagle yesterday. I had been trying to get a quote out of them but they only "allowed" to quote the MSRP. Then my husband called the sales we test drove with, he gave my husband a better quote but not at all competitive. We didn't think we would go back since a few dealers actually working with me and offered me a much lower price.

However, we live 20 minutes away from John Eagle and the sales was really stress-free and laid back when we test drove the car. So before we went to the lower quote dealer, we decided to drop by and gave him a shot. He said they will match or beat any quote on paper while test driving, so I printed all my quote just in case they couldn't match my best quote (at least 3 dealers said they couldn't match that, and 2 others told me beware of the scam the lowest quote dealer is going to put on me). I was ready to pay like 500-600 more to buy it there provided they have the color I wanted and much much closer than the lowest quote dealer (1.5 hours drive).

I test drove again this time for the color I want ( I won't go to paperwork by just looking the outside of the car), and came back to the dealership for paperwork. The sales knew I had been shopping around, asked me for the quote and went to the desk. To my surprise, they actually match it without giving me a hard time at all. (Honestly, I was prepared to be told they couldn't do it and walked out.) He came back with the paper work showing us the number, asked if I have a trade-in and do I have a quote. I showed him the Carmax offer and gave him the key. Not for long, they came back with a number a few hundreds lower than the Carmax quote, but gave me the different in credit toward the purchase. Then we proceeded to the finance office and it was a breeze also, apart from it take rather long since the finance guy was typing quite slow.

The finance guy mentioned the extended warranty but at no mean trying to make me buy it. They quoted me Olympicare for 7yrs/75k miles with $50 deductible for $2000. When I asked for Honda Care he said it would be more expensive and need $100 deductible. I told him what I learned from the warranty forum and the pricing. He called in the manager and ended up with Honda Care for $1390 (8yrs/120k miles, $0 deductible), and bought a dent and dant warranty by Olympicare for $300 (7yrs/100k Miles).

Here is the break down:
    Car price (with destination): $32824
    Sales Tax: $1507.75 (we have trade-in adjustment)
    Rd and Bridge Fee: $11.5
    Inventory Tax: $80.52
    License and registration fee: $57.75
    Title: $33
    Inspection fee: $23.75
    Deputy service fee: $5
    Doc fee: $150
    Total Drive out: $34693.27

Drive out price included:
    Paint & Fabric sealant - $395
    Windshield protection 1 year - $195
    Key replacement - $135
    Nitrogen Tire Safe - $115
    Truck Tray - $185
    Window Tint - $299
    3 oil changes - Free

Warranty: (NOT included in Drive Out)
    Honda Care (8yrs/ 120k Miles, $0 Deductible): $1390
    Olympicare Dent & Dant Warranty (7yrs/100k Miles): $300
    Last edited by wlw; 11-12-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Thanks wlw for the info. Enjoy your new van.
    It's good that John Eagle match the price for you. They did not do it for me back in 06.

Quote Originally Posted by wlw View Post
    Just bought the 2013 Odyssey EX-L at John Eagle yesterday. I had been trying to get a quote out of them but they only "allowed" to quote the MSRP. Then my husband called the sales we test drove with, he gave my husband a better quote but not at all competitive. We didn't think we would go back since a few dealers actually working with me and offered me a much lower price.

However, we live 20 minutes away from John Eagle and the sales was really stress-free and laid back when we test drove the car. So before we went to the lower quote dealer, we decided to drop by and gave him a shot. He said they will match or beat any quote on paper while test driving, so I printed all my quote just in case they couldn't match my best quote (at least 3 dealers said they couldn't match that, and 2 others told me beware of the scam the lowest quote dealer is going to put on me). I was ready to pay like 500-600 more to buy it there provided they have the color I wanted and much much closer than the lowest quote dealer (1.5 hours drive).

I test drove again this time for the color I want ( I won't go to paperwork by just looking the outside of the car), and came back to the dealership for paperwork. The sales knew I had been shopping around, asked me for the quote and went to the desk. To my surprise, they actually match it without giving me a hard time at all. (Honestly, I was prepared to be told they couldn't do it and walked out.) He came back with the paper work showing us the number, asked if I have a trade-in and do I have a quote. I showed him the Carmax offer and gave him the key. Not for long, they came back with a number a few hundreds lower than the Carmax quote, but gave me the different in credit toward the purchase. Then we proceeded to the finance office and it was a breeze also, apart from it take rather long since the finance guy was typing quite slow.

The finance guy mentioned the extended warranty but at no mean trying to make me buy it. They quoted me Olympicare for 7yrs/75k miles with $50 deductible for $2000. When I asked for Honda Care he said it would be more expensive and need $100 deductible. I told him what I learned from the warranty forum and the pricing. He called in the manager and ended up with Honda Care for $1390 (8yrs/120k miles, $0 deductible), and bought a dent and dant warranty by Olympicare for $300 (7yrs/100k Miles).

Here is the break down:
    Car price (with destination): $32824
    Sales Tax: $1507.75 (we have trade-in adjustment)
    Rd and Bridge Fee: $11.5
    Inventory Tax: $80.52
    License and registration fee: $57.75
    Title: $33
    Inspection fee: $23.75
    Deputy service fee: $5
    Doc fee: $150
    Total Drive out: $34693.27

Drive out price included:
    Paint & Fabric sealant - $395
    Windshield protection 1 year - $195
    Key replacement - $135
    Nitrogen Tire Safe - $115
    Truck Tray - $185
    Window Tint - $299
    3 oil changes - Free

Warranty: (NOT included in Drive Out)
    Honda Care (8yrs/ 120k Miles, $0 Deductible): $1390
    Olympicare Dent & Dant Warranty (7yrs/100k Miles): $300
    Not a bad price. Did you look at getting Honda care from someone else? Think you could of gotten that at least $200 cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
    2012 Odyssey EX-L RES | Smoky Topaz | Truffle

Current Mods:
    - Splash Guards
    - OEM All Weather Mats
    - OEM Cargo Tray
    - Fog Lights
    - 20% Window Tint
    - LED Interior / License Plate Lights
    - Touring License Plate Garnish

Future Mods:
    - Roof Rails & Cross Bars
    - Body Color Side Skirts
    - Touring Side Mirrors with Turn Singals
    - 3rd Row Factory Sun Shades
    - 3rd Row Speakers
    - 18" Wheels

wlw
    Thanks.

They didn't really exactly match it but somehow get me very close to the drive out. Ended up I found out my sales actually is a manager. No wonder he didn't need to send his manager to talk to me.

Since they were willing to match the drive out and trade in without a fuss, I am not going to argue the $100 in doc fee or the little difference in the warranty. I think I got a fair deal at the price I am willing to pay. I would have nickle and dime them to the exact match to save like a few hundreds more. But it was so smooth that I am happy with the process and just want to get it done.

Hope you will get the van soon. If you want to give them another try, the manager said he will try his best to work out the same deal for my referrals. Of course, having your own quote print out couldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by huy30 View Post
    Thanks wlw for the info. Enjoy your new van.
    It's good that John Eagle match the price for you. They did not do it for me back in 06.

wlw
    I saw on the warranty forum most people buying online were paying around $1250. I told the finance manager and he was shock. But he did came down like $1000 from the original quote and match the $0 deducible. This is about the price I was willing to pay to make sure I will not forget to get it online later. Also, I want to make sure they can't have any excuse in the future not taking the van for warranty service (i.e. Even it is Honda Care, you didn't buy it from your dealer kind of Bxxx Sxxx).

Quote Originally Posted by 1tufgt View Post
    Not a bad price. Did you look at getting Honda care from someone else? Think you could of gotten that at least $200 cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by wlw View Post
    I saw on the warranty forum most people buying online were paying around $1250. I told the finance manager and he was shock. But he did came down like $1000 from the original quote and match the $0 deducible. This is about the price I was willing to pay to make sure I will not forget to get it online later. Also, I want to make sure they can't have any excuse in the future not taking the van for warranty service (i.e. Even it is Honda Care, you didn't buy it from your dealer kind of Bxxx Sxxx).
    They might act that they are shocked, but I am pretty certain they are well aware of the online honda dealerships selling it online. It's competition to them after all. This has been going on for more than few years now. With that said, what you paid for it is not bad at all. The best I was quoted for 8yr/120K with $0 deductible was $1270. That's just $120 difference to yours. And I tried all the online honda warranty sources mentioned in this form to get this lowest of them all, from Hyannis Honda.

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Polished Metal
    2007 Acura MDX Tech/Nav (sold Sep '12)
    2003 Honda Accord LX
    2001 Honda Civic EX (sold Nov '12)
    1994 Honda Accord EX (traded-in for '03)

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements