Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Prices paid for a 2014 Odyssey

524K views 1K replies 425 participants last post by  Martha Endres 
#1 · (Edited)
The 2014 owner's manual has been out a while and now we're seeing people put down deposits so to continue the long tradition of the prices paid threads, here is the one for the 2014 Odyssey.

If you would post your prices paid in the following order, it would help out others looking for the 2014 model.

Since most people's total OTD price by itself is kind of worthless to some one in another city/state, please post the breakup of the pricing as follows. You can always add other items if you have a better breakup.

If you had a trade in, please be sure to mention the trade-in value of your vehicle you are trading in.

Trim: LX/EX/EX-L/EX-L RES/EX-L R&N/Touring/Touring Elite
Vehicle Price: $xx,xxx.xx
Destination: $xxx.xx
Doc Fees: $xxx.xx
Taxes: $x,xxx.xx
Tags: $xxx.xx
Less Trade-In: $xx,xxx.xx

Total OTD: $xx,xxx.xx

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Yay, first 2014 in the thread.:D I'm sure now I'll get to see how many people get better deals than me for not wanting to be one of the first ones with a 2014. LOL

Trim: EX-L RES (Custom ordered exterior and interior color combo we wanted, it's being built in a couple weeks)
Vehicle Price: $35,657.96 (sticker was 38,055 so discount was 2397.04)
Destination: $830
Doc Fees: $499
Appearance Protection Program $399 (basically paint sealant, and scotch guard type stuff on the carpet and leather, plus more importantly a 5 year warranty on all tears and stains inside or etchings on the paint outside... w/ kids I thought it was an OK idea)
Taxes: $1914.5
Tags: $22.50 (transfer from trade)
Less Trade-In: $11,500 (I feel this was a very fair price for our trade)

Total OTD: $26,992.81

I feel like it's important to note a few things in the buying process:
I got a quote for $700 over invoice for any color combo EX-L RES I wanted (would be ordered if need be) from one dealer, and $800 from the other (again any color combo)... this number was not contingent on any trade, warranties or accessories being bought. They both had a $499 doc fee to add on, and no other fees beside TTL.
So once we got the new car price established... on to the trade in 'negotiations'... I first got a car max quote for $11,500 if they bought my 2005 4Runner. Both Honda dealers offered me substantially less for it and when I told them the car max number they scoffed at it and said trade it to car max. But when I told them I wasn't buying their Odyssey unless they bought my 4Runner and basically said if Carmax can made a profit buying my 4Runner for 11,500 with me not buying their car, then they could too, then the sales managers got to talking and agreed to do the deal. I wanted to trade the 4runner in to the Honda dealer to make things easier and also to save the $800 or so in sales tax difference for buying and trading at the same place.

I ended up buying from the $800 over invoice dealer just because I liked the sales people and staff better and they were closer to my and my wife's work. I was fine paying $100 more for what I felt was a better buying experience and wasn't going to get into any more of a grinding/bidding war between the two dealers.

#3 ·
Trim: EX-L
Vehicle Price: $36,466
Doc Fees: $349
Taxes: $1,968
Tags: $60

Less Trade-In: $xx,xxx.xx

OTD: $20,000

Offered me $13,500 for my 2010 EX-L with 79K miles. I offered to trade for $18,500 difference. I walked away.

I don't pay stupid Documentation fees and all that fabric conditioner, paint protection, nitrogen in tires, undercoat, etc. etc.
Kentucky license is $30. That's all I am willing to pay. My have to put another 79K on my 2010. Saw one advertised today at another dealer for $24,988.

#4 ·
So you're saying that's what you were offered but you didn't bite? I wouldn't pay sticker either... especially not on an EX-L.

Eh, doc fees are common place... you just have to consider them part of the markup. I know in reality I was paying $1300 over invoice instead of $800. I could have asked them to remove the doc fee but I don't think they'd have been willing to sell me one of their first 2014s... especially in my exact demanded color combination... for that much.

I don't mind paying a fair price to a dealership - they are supposed to make a profit, like any other business.

I've never bought into one of those paint/fabric protection programs before even though I've always been offered them. I know the actual chemical applied to the paint is just a common place sealant, and the interior treatment is basically scotch guard, all of which which I could do for 25 bucks of material and a few hours of my time. Really I bought into it specifically because of their warranty against any stains, burns, scratches or tears in the carpet or seating over the next 5 years. I have two 2 year olds and it'll be nice to not worry so much about them screwing up the inside of the van if anything silly is going on.

#5 ·
I don't like a bunch of add on's after reaching an agreement on price. I now only talk in terms of OTD price including all taxes, license, doc fees, etc. etc. etc. They may call the profit anything they like.

I also don't like when others add on disposal fees, environmental fees, shop supplies, etc. etc. That should all be a cost of doing business and reflected in their quoted price. All this does is allow them to quote you a low ball price then add $$$ to the invoice. As a customer it only makes me angry. Usually their only justification is "everybody's doing it".

Anybody know anything about Performance Honda in Fairfield Ohio?

#46 ·
I am sorry, after reading this I had to register and respond. I don't know what experience you had, but I beg to differ. We had only the best experience with Performance Honda, Fairfield.
We bought our '13 Odyssey in May at Performance Honda. After shopping and comparing all Cincinnati area dealers for 2 months, Performance Honda gave us the best price and great customer service. I highly recommend their internet sales department. Jenny, Ryan and David offered an outstanding buying experience and were great to work with. I also can't find many negative reviews on the web, as you claim. Maybe you have them mistaken for Superior Honda..

#8 ·
Got an online quote from King Honda in Cincinnati yesterday. Quoted me full list on a 2014 EX-L. This was my response:

"Let me be sure I understand all the details. You are quoting me full MSRP (estimated) less any accessories, taxes and dealer fees, and it must be financed or leased to get this price. The vehicle MUST be in stock. Availability may affect the price and it's good for 72 hours only?

You will have to forgive me Ms. Johnson but I'm pretty sure I can beat this price at any other Honda dealer in the country.

Thanks for the info."

#15 ·
You all got better deals than me, but then I suck at dealing - I have a question about prices for the extended warranty (if this is the wrong thread, I will move the post)

I traded in the old 2001 Ody EX yesterday, and got the 2013 Touring (Topaz). My gosh, it's sweet.

I was offered the 2000$ 100k/8yr extended warranty, and the dealer is giving me a month to think (price) about it:
question: Is this a fixed price? Is the price affected by geographic location (SoCal). Do you negotiate on this?

#17 ·
I was offered the 2000$ 100k/8yr extended warranty, and the dealer is giving me a month to think (price) about it:
question: Is this a fixed price? Is the price affected by geographic location (SoCal). Do you negotiate on this?
I bought a new 2012 touring last June (of 2012) and used the search for CL. I ended up getting the 100k/8yr for $1290 back east. I was told as a California resident I could not make the purchase on the Internet, so I did it over the phone and saved about $1k from the dealer quote. All went without a hitch as I received all the paperwork and it shows up on my dealers computer. I paid $36.6k for a 2012 touring in the color I wanted (lt blue).

#22 ·
That's a great price! Dealers here in So Cal take a long time to come down that far on the top trim level.

#18 · (Edited)
I am a new member and just picked up our 2014 elite (White Pearl) after a hour of telling the dealer that this was not an emotional decision for me and started to walk I got ours for $41700 and quite honestly worth every penny I traded an $80K SUV with no room and storage for it not sure why the pic is upside down. Sorry

Attachments

#20 ·
Picking up a '14 EX-L RES in Smoky Topaz tonight. $38193 OTD (includes $699 doc fee/profit, $2328 taxes, $40 in title fees), from Autonation in Lithia Springs, GA (outside of Atlanta). They offered a pretty good price off the bat I thought, about $300 over invoice for the trim level and color I wanted. Of course last minute I got a better offer from a competing dealer locally, dropping the price over $1100, and several hundred less than what I paid. They said they just got new incentives, but I find that hard to believe. The same dealer offered me an OTD price earlier, but then added $995 in "appearance package" options, so I trust that dealer about as far as I can throw them. Trust and honesty is worth possibly paying a bit more in my book.

#21 ·
Thanks - Indeed, a local friend of mine sent me the link for Saccucci, and I am currently perusing the different plans at great prices. Mike says that it pays for itself in the first use, and also is valuable when selling the car, as it transfers to the new owner. My worry is not with engine or drive train, but with all the electronics and gizmos and gadgets. Any one of those could malfunction and probably cost the price of the ext.warranty in the first go. BTW - isn't anyone going to ask me what happened to my old 2001? Take one guess...

#23 ·
I am looking in Northern California specifically for the Albastar Silver color. They dont have any Odyssey Touring Elite yet but are expected to get one in 2-3 weeks. I was quoted $45K + tax. It will come out to nearly $50K OTD.

The other colors like Smoky Topaz, etc. I can get for about $48K OTD. What do you guys think?

#25 ·
Just picked up our 2014 Touring Elite from Honda East in Cincinnati:
Vehicle Price: $41,070
Doc Fees: $250
Taxes: $2,746
Tags: $50

Total OTD: $44,946

Obviously the OTD can vary based on local practices and taxes, but I thought 41,900 with destination was a fair price (given invoice is 41,500) given the short inventory supply and high local demand for the Elites....

#29 ·
I recently purchesed a 2014 Touring Elite in Albastar silver with truffle interior (which is grey IMHO)
I traded in my beloved 2007 ody EX-L with alil less then 90,000Miles on it. Got our 2014 at 43k ith our trad in 13k so we are talking 30k before the taxes. Not bad. It had Roofrack and crossbars, moonroof visor, mudguards and doorguards. I actually took the cargo tray from 07 and put it in my 14 and fits perfectly :)
i really love my odyssey and all these extra features and the honda vac!!! I can spend 5$ a week vaccuming at the gas station alone so its a major plus and my son can vaccum when it needs to be done :)

#37 ·
Luckily almost all the car seats we own now have cup holders!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.