Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Prices paid for a 2015 Odyssey

431K views 1K replies 451 participants last post by  RWmC 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I noticed that I can now visit a couple of my local Honda dealers and buy a 2015 Ody. So to continue the long tradition of the prices paid threads, here is the one for the 2015 Odyssey.

If you would post your prices paid in the following order, it would help out others looking for the 2015 model.

Since most people's total OTD price by itself is kind of worthless to some one in another city/state, please post the breakup of the pricing as follows. You can always add other items if you have a better breakup.

If you had a trade in, please be sure to mention the trade-in value of your vehicle you are trading in.

Trim: LX/EX/EX-L/EX-L RES/EX-L NAV/Touring/Touring Elite
Vehicle Price: $xx,xxx.xx
Destination: $xxx.xx
Doc Fees: $xxx.xx
Taxes: $x,xxx.xx
Tags: $xxx.xx
Less Trade-In: $xx,xxx.xx

Total OTD: $xx,xxx.xx

See less See more
#289 ·
DFW area.
Odyssey Touring, Alabaster Silver/Truffle

I received the following quote from a dealer:
$38,200 - (Includes Destination and Handling and the Honda Protection Package plus 3 year paint and fabric warranty. The Honda Protection package consist of mud guards, wheel locks and cargo tray.)

Does this seem like a decent price?

#291 ·
Hey all,

My wife and I brought home an EX in the Fayetteville, NC area yesterday. I haven't seen any EX prices here so hopefully this helps someone else out.

Trim: EX Silver/Gray
Vehicle Price: $29,807
Destination: included
Doc Fees: $499.00
Taxes: $664.77
Tags: $55.00
Less Trade-In: $8,147.00
Incentives: $1,000.00 Military & College Incentive (must finance)
Total OTD: $21,878.77

This price included the Honda Protection Package, Zurich Shield (like Scotchguard), and Lojack ($300). All of this was on the vehicle and they would not take it off. There was a tiny ding in the rear bumper that I got $500 off the price to accept as is.

#294 ·
So for those who got the supper low prices, what is your strategy? Are you doing your work on the internet? Negotiating in person? I didn't think that 32.7 was too bad for an EX-L, but with two kinds in daycare, any money that can be saved is helpful.

I'm probably not going to seriously look for a few months, so I can play the long game too.

#295 ·
I had a specific model and color I was interested in, therefore I went to Autotrader.com and Cars.com to do a search to find dealers with the combo I was looking for. From there I opened the websites of the dealers which had the cars in stock and emailed them or submitted an interest request via their website. Once they contacted me I asked for their best price and went from there. The first time I actually "called" the dealer I purchased from was when I told him I was coming in and to confirm he'd hold it until I got there.

#296 ·
Just drove home with a Modern Steel Metallic / Gray Odyssey Touring today.

Trim: Touring
Vehicle Price: $37,462.00
Accessories Included in the price: Mud Guards, Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray, Pin Stripe, Window Tint, Permaplate Paintguard
Destination: $880.00
Doc Fees: $179.00
Taxes: $2396.00 (6.25%)
Tags: $209.27 (Includes Vehicle Inventory Tax of 0.2% which they refused to remove!!)
Less Trade-In: N/A

Total OTD: $41,126

#299 · (Edited)
@Internizzi That is a good price. We have a price target of $32,120 on the EX-L. The fact that you were able to get it without any other fees is definitely good because dealers are trying to push other fees and overpriced add-ons to try and make a profit.

For the most up to date price targets for the Odyssey which also shows invoice and dealer cost estimates, take a look at our page: www.TellMeTheBest.com/honda This of course is a general guide, prices may be different depending on your area.

#303 ·
Hi guys,

I've got an offer on the line for an EX-L with Roof Rails, Cross Bar, Cargo Tray, and All Weather Mats for $32,500 including all fees other than TTL; do I go for it?

Also, I haven't mentioned that I want to trade my current car in, does that have any impact positively or negatively on the price of the new car?

#311 ·
How does this price look for Virginia??

2015 EX-L Odyssey
$31,632 Your special internet price
$499 Processing fee
$67.75 Virginia tags/title
$1,301.31 Virginia Sales Tax
$33,500.06 Total out the door

Thanks,
That is a good price, $31,632. Our updated targets now show a price of $31,870 on the EX-L. The processing fee of $499 is high, that is where the dealer is making their profit. That may be normal for your area. These fees typically are between $150-$350. Have you tried shopping this price around to other dealers to see if anyone will beat it? Another option is to see if this dealer will throw something in for you. An accessory or two, a few free oil changes, something like that.

#312 ·
Purchased in Northern California.

My trade in had major issues, and so I was thrilled to negotiate up to KBB and Edmund's nearly top tier cleanliness category price. Deal felt like a steal.

Trim: EX-L
Vehicle Price: $32,500.00 (Includes Installed: Roof Rails, Crossbars, All Weather Mats, Cargo Tray)
Destination: $0
Doc Fees: $80.00
Taxes: $2,443.50
Tags: $345.75 (includes License, Registration/Titling, California Tire, EVT)
Less Trade-In: $5,000.00

Total OTD: $30,369.25

#313 · (Edited)
In Southwest Florida:

Trim: EX-L w/RES

Vehicle Price: $33,609.72
Destination: $0
Doc Fees: $598.50
Taxes: $1,682.88
Tags: $100
Less Trade-In: $7,000 (2005 Toyota Rav4 78,000 miles,base model with chrome step up bars and fog lights, clean condition)

Total OTD: $29,024.75

This also includes splash guards, trunk tray and wheel locks.

I went to the dealership Saturday to negotiate my trade-in, after already getting a good price on the van over emails. I wanted a specific color that the dealer did not have on the lot (Crystal Black Pearl/ Truffle) so I put down a deposit ($1000) for them to try to locate it at another dealership. On Monday they told me that they were able to find one and swap for it. I let the dealer know that I would be there on Tuesday after work to sign the paperwork and pick up the van. They replied that the van would be gassed up and detailed for me by then. I made it to the dealership around 6:15 PM since I live about 70 miles away. It was already dark and this dealership does not have good lighting, but luckily I remembered to take my flashlight with me to inspect the new van. On initial inspection the van looked good but had many smudges all over it. No biggie I thought, I would just take it to my local car wash.
So we go back inside to the salesman's desk sign two or three documents that state that he went over some stuff with me and waited for the manager to call me into his office to finalize the paper work. After a half hour of waiting, I started thinking about the smudges and why they were there if the van was supposedly detailed. So, I decided to give it another inspection since I was there waiting doing nothing anyways. The second time around I noticed that the van was actually filthy on the outside many water marks and dirt. A ridiculous amount of smudges. Many little squigly lines on the hood that looked like scratches. I actually found some scratches on the chrome accents and the body panels and a paint chip. I tell the salesman that there was no way I was taking it home that night, because I would need to see it in the daylight and after it was washed to get a better idea of the condition it was in. The manager came out and at first was denying that the car was not detailed but then when he actually saw it apologized about it being in that condition. I told him that I would have to come back on Saturday to inspect it again and he was like "ok, but I can't guarantee that they will sell it to you that day for this price". I told him to tell the other manager I was originally dealing with on Saturday to give me a call to see what I decide.
The van only had 43 miles on it but based on how it looked it makes me wonder how it was treated at the other dealership who had it originally.

#315 ·
Hello

2015 Odyssey EX L (Estern Washington)

44380 ( which covers splash guard, cargo tray, all weather mats, door edge guard, wheel locks)+ tax and registration.

We wanted the cherry red with beige interior, the dealer able to get the vehicle from a near by city. That was great! I thought, I could have negotiated for 300 to 400/ less, but I feel like it wasn't worth of keep on going in circle dealer to dealer.

Anyway, I am enjoying it.

Dinesh

#316 ·
First, thanks to all previous posters as it helped me make decision and (hopefully) get a decent price. Bought in Virginia.

2015 EXL (no RES, no NAV)

Out Door = 33630
Nothing traded
Above price includes VA taxes, registration, titling, plates. All these added up to about $1400.
Price included wheel locks, splash guards, and 3rd key fob.

Thanks again.

#319 ·
Thanks to all previous posters. It was a great help. Bought in Virginia (tax 4.2%)

2015 EXL (with no RES, no NAV)

Out of Door Price = 33550.
No trade in.
Above price includes VA taxes, registration, titling, plates amounting to 1382.
Price included wheel locks, and splash guards.

Thanks again.

#320 ·
Hi All,

I'm trying to replace my '05 Ody LX by year end (yes, Wednesday). I've called several dealers asking for the best price and telling them that I'm getting multiple offers, but they all seem to be around price of $30K without taxes and tags.

How do you get the bigger discount? When I just called a dealer and told him the number I wanted they said no and then refused to negotiate - not sure if it's because I'm a woman or not. I'm looking for an EX and live in DE so I can drive to Baltimore, Philly or DC area. My target price, based on buying the invoice price reports, is $29K or below, not including taxes and tags.

Also, anyone with the name of a good salesperson in the Balti/Philly/DC/SoNJ/SoMD/DE area would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#323 ·
Canadian Honda here, EX model (no leather), got it for invoice price + 2% with $1000 cash incentive on top of that. I called dealer after dealer outside of Toronto until I got the price I wanted and trade-in value I wanted

Trim: EX
Vehicle Price: $35.300
Destination: $1695
Doc Fees: $135 (other taxes)
Taxes: $4033 (13%)
Tags: $70
Less Trade-In: $3000

Total OTD: $35,133

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.