Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Prices paid for a 2015 Odyssey

431K views 1K replies 451 participants last post by  RWmC 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I noticed that I can now visit a couple of my local Honda dealers and buy a 2015 Ody. So to continue the long tradition of the prices paid threads, here is the one for the 2015 Odyssey.

If you would post your prices paid in the following order, it would help out others looking for the 2015 model.

Since most people's total OTD price by itself is kind of worthless to some one in another city/state, please post the breakup of the pricing as follows. You can always add other items if you have a better breakup.

If you had a trade in, please be sure to mention the trade-in value of your vehicle you are trading in.

Trim: LX/EX/EX-L/EX-L RES/EX-L NAV/Touring/Touring Elite
Vehicle Price: $xx,xxx.xx
Destination: $xxx.xx
Doc Fees: $xxx.xx
Taxes: $x,xxx.xx
Tags: $xxx.xx
Less Trade-In: $xx,xxx.xx

Total OTD: $xx,xxx.xx

See less See more
#2 ·
Since there is no more EX-L R&N, changed it to EX-L NAV. ;-). I must have missed it for the last couple of years so it seems but its too late to change the other threads. :)

#3 ·
Trim: Touring Elite
Vehicle Price: $42,334.00 - I think the Destination charges may be included in this
Destination: $830.00 - as listed on the window sticker
Doc Fees: $xxx.xx - not sure about this
Taxes: $3,393.12
Tags: $381.75
Warranty: $1,895.00
Total OTD: $48,112.87

#5 ·
Congrats on your new ride. Any pics? What kind of extended warranty did you get?

#7 ·
I think MSRP for TE is over 44,000.

#11 ·
Trim: Touring White/Beige
MSRP: 42,860
Vehicle Sales Price: $37,788 (Destination included, without Destination $36,958)
Destination: $830
Taxes: ZERO in tax free NH
Admin fee:$325

Title: $27
Plus Accessories: $2,164.50
Trade for my 2003 Ody Lx: $1,500

Total OTD: $38,804.5

Accessories were as follows:
Tow Package
Door sill trim
Splash guards
Body side molding
roof rails

I used AAA car buying service, which is true car. We though we were buying a 2014, and after we signed the paperwork realized it was a 2015. Even the sales man appeared surprised. I never got a quote on this Ody as we switched colors after the test drive. We lost the Honda grad as we could not fiance a 2015 through Honda

#80 ·
I would of given you $1600 for your old 2003

#12 ·
Trim: 2015 Touring Elite, Obsidian Blue Pearl/Gray Interior
Vehicle Price: $39,754.70
Destination: $830.00
Doc Fees: $164.00
Taxes: $2,148.36
Tags: $145.00 (including $25.00 ERT fee)
Less Trade-In: $6,400.00

Total OTD: $36,642.06

I didn't get any accessories or extended warranty. I had been pricing the Touring Elite since the 2014s first came out and soliciting quotes via email. The Obsidian Blue Pearl color was very hard to find -- this price for the 2015 was lower than a quote I had on a 2014 in another state. I was able to purchase from my local dealer, rather than having to drive several hours or have hundreds of miles on the vehicle from a dealer swap. The OdyClub board was invaluable in tracking prices and negotiate a great deal. Thanks to all!

#16 ·
Agreed to terms on a TE at just a tad under invoice, no trade in. Will post details when in possession of the vehicle.

LVP217 do you feel you got good value for your trade-in vs. private market value as part of that deal? It does seem very good. On par for a 2014...maybe we will see the 15s drop down to the 2014 levels quickly though? Nice job on the deal, and always nice to be able to stay local like you did.

Just out of curiosity, did they quote a warranty to you at all? If so what kind of number? Thanks.

#21 ·
I was not that interested in a private party sale because I wanted to reduce the sales tax amount. It was a 10 year-old SUV with over 130K miles. I had trade-in numbers from several sources, which I used to negotiate up the figure from their initial offer. I did not have other trade-in quotes from any other dealers. They gave me enough to get the deal done.

I don't recall specifically the number for the warranty. My recollection is that it wasn't near what I saw here for online warranties. I also wasn't sure that I wanted one.

#26 ·
Trim: EX-L with RES
Vehicle Price: $34,884
Purchased options: $214
Doc Fees: $175.00
Taxes: $0
Less Trade-In: $6,300 (2007 EX-L w/ RES, 145k miles)

Total OTD: $29,000

Traded the car as it needed between $1,500 and $2,000 in repairs, brake fluid leak, axle). Bought at the local dealership in NH so no tax. Was at a different dealership and best they could do was $28,200 for a 2014 model, so thinking paying $800 more for the 2015 was a good thing, plus closer to home.
Trim: 2015 EX-L, Modern Steel Metallic/Gray Interior
Vehicle Price: $33,600.00 (includes destination)
Doc Fees: $75.00
Taxes: $1798.64
Tags: $537.75
Accessories: 176.40 + 495.00=671.40
(all season mats and remote start)
Less Trade-In: $6,600.00

Total OTD: $30082.79

We first were looking at 2014s, but this dealer offered a 2015 for what other dealers were offering 2014s. No other dealer was withing 1k. We found this from a local dealer in the twin cities. This forum saved us a lot of time and $$$.
illinois
2015 TE

Total out the door $44,027
It would help us a lot if you could please break down your costs like the above. Your OTD price is unique to you based on your state taxes and fees, your trade in value as well as options you added on.

Obviously it's OK if you don't but that OTD figure you list is of no value to anyone when trying to get our local dealers to match prices.

#22 ·
Trim: EX-L with RES
Vehicle Price: $34,884
Purchased options: $214
Doc Fees: $175.00
Taxes: $0
Less Trade-In: $6,300 (2007 EX-L w/ RES, 145k miles)

Total OTD: $29,000

Traded the car as it needed between $1,500 and $2,000 in repairs, brake fluid leak, axle). Bought at the local dealership in NH so no tax. Was at a different dealership and best they could do was $28,200 for a 2014 model, so thinking paying $800 more for the 2015 was a good thing, plus closer to home.

#23 ·
Trim: 2015 EX-L, Modern Steel Metallic/Gray Interior
Vehicle Price: $33,600.00 (includes destination)
Doc Fees: $75.00
Taxes: $1798.64
Tags: $537.75
Accessories: 176.40 + 495.00=671.40
(all season mats and remote start)
Less Trade-In: $6,600.00

Total OTD: $30082.79

We first were looking at 2014s, but this dealer offered a 2015 for what other dealers were offering 2014s. No other dealer was withing 1k. We found this from a local dealer in the twin cities. This forum saved us a lot of time and $$$.

#24 ·
Just purchased a 2015 EX-L yesterday, decided to pull the trigger on what I perceived to be a good deal rather than wait for potential incentives. I'll post the full breakdown for OTD price shortly but the only value that's really relevant at the moment is the vehicle price which was $32,800 which included the roof visor, paint package + seal, and all-weather mats. Overall I was happy, I went in with the intention of buying a 2014 but got a 2015 fresh off the truck instead. White w/truffle.

This is a great forum that really helped me with the buying process! I highly encourage that everyone continue to post details about their tactics and prices because I originally went in to this purchase with the truecar price ($33,936) thinking that I was robbing the dealership and ended up getting the car for 10.39% below MSRP so even though I may not have had the lowest price in the world for the car I feel pretty good about it.

#27 ·
Sorry for the delay in posting the price breakdowns, it's in the S.W. at the moment and of course the wife has the S.W. most days. I'll post the full breakdown when I can but again, IMO the other figures aren't really all that important because the doc fees, taxes, trade ins, options, etc are all mostly unique to each dealer, state, and deal. The most important figure is the negotiated vehicle price, that's what people should be focused on. Knowing how to negotiate with the dealer on the price of your trade-in and how to get them to throw in add-ons definitely sweetens the deal but you want to focus on the bottom dollar price for the vehicle itself. The cash value. If you were to walk in to the dealer with cash in hand, what price are you going to buy the van for? (Not including taxes and etc, unless you get them to include figures in to your vehicle price)

#28 ·
+1. Thanks for chiming in and I agree 100%. Negotiated vehicle price is all I really care about. That allows a true apples to apples and if your negotiated price (not tax, tags, title) is way better than mine I know I have some work to do or I need to fly to your city, pick my van up, and drive home.

#32 ·
Trim: EX-L
Vehicle Price: $32,000 (this includes a $500 military rebate)
8 year/120,000 mile extended warranty with $100 deductible: $1,285

I was going for a 2014 in Smoky Topaz with Truffle interior but they were all out in my region. I ended up with roughly a $1000 total difference on the 2015 which worked for me.

#33 ·
That's a great price! I don't know enough about the prices for the extended warranty to know if that was a deal or not but the vehicle price itself is a good one. I wasn't eligible for the military discount because I didn't finance through honda which was a bummer, I was hoping to get that as well.

#35 ·
I was a little rusty at buying cars when I started looking a few days ago. Luckily this thread, true car, and a few other sites helped out. 2015 EX-L White with Truffle. Honda of Spring (Houston) Truecar stated that invoice $33.865 plus all accessories and doc fees was my best price. The dealer quoted 35,500 plus acess and $150 doc fees.

In the end I got $34,185.
Includes:
destination Fee
Dealer Doc Fee
Splash Guards.
Cargo Tray
Wheel Locks
Paint and Protection (Yeah Right)
All Weather Mats

The only thing excluded in this amount were registration and taxes.

I bought a 7yr/80k HondaCare warranty for $1250 (negotiated down from $2,490. I didn't know a warranty thread existed here or I would have gone another $300 less.
I also secured financing from my local credit union at 2.49%, but Honda Financing offered 1.9% for 60 (I only financed 1/3 of price).

The dealer also price matched Carmax on my trade-in (presented after we agreed on price). This price was $500 higher than other dealers.

Another dealer responded to the quote for $34,000 but I was already done with the deal.

With the accessories I think I got a good deal. I left about $300 on the table on the warranty but better than most. The dealer experience was actually good and they are close by me as well.

#38 ·
2015 Odyssey Special APR
Offer valid from 9/3/2014 through 11/3/2014

0.9% APR for 24-36 months or 1.9% APR for 37-60 months.
For well qualified buyers and buyers that qualify for the Honda Graduate Program criteria.
Special APR offer valid on new and unregistered 2015 Odyssey Models from September 3, 2014 through November 3, 2014, to well qualified buyers on approved credit by Honda Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by November 3, 2014. Not all buyers may qualify. Higher rates apply for buyers with lower credit ratings. Example for 2015 Odyssey: 0.9% for 36 months financing at $28.16 a month for every $1,000.00 financed. Dealers set actual prices. See your Honda dealer for details.

So from this, I'd say no new incentives until November. The incentive is the same for the remaining 2014s. It seems that there haven't been any great incentives since last spring, so it's whatever you can get your dealer to do. Prices should drop on the '15s after the '14s are off the lot. I figure this gives me time to look at the new Sienna. Might as well since Honda isn't offering amazing pricing by me!

#40 ·
We visted a dealership last night and they quoted us the following on a 2015 EX-L with nav:

Trim: EX-L NAV
Vehicle Price: $36,209.62
Destination: included above
Doc Fees: $125.00
Taxes: $2,263.06
Tags: $253
Less Trade-In: N/A

Total OTD: $38,813.83

We are in Texas and I haven't seen alot of posts regarding pricing in this area. Is this a decent deal for a '15? We have not bought a car in a while so would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.