Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Glove box lights

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  iazybandit 
#1 ·
I was told that if the headlights is turned on, the glove box lights will also turn on in both open and closed positions, so there is no "switch" that turn the glove box light off when it's closed, is this suppose to be like this? It is on my 2014 EXL-RES. How difficult is it to modify one with a switch?

#3 ·
I made a video using my phone and place it inside the glove box, the light is always on whether the glove box is open or closed (when the main light is switched on, of course..). I believe there is no switch on my glove box, that's what the dealer told me anyway....?

#7 ·
The LED bulb is also known as #74. As DeeTee has stated, it won't fit due to the small opening. If it does fit, it won't shine the light directly into the glove box because majority of the LEDs is at the tip and when placed in the glove box, it's covered.

Here is some info I looked into upgrading - http://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-20...rior-led-upgrade-post1242058.html#post1242058 (copy and pasted below for the lazy)

The bulb I have is similar to this but only 1 LED at the very tip. When inserted back into the "housing" the LED is covered and no light is shining into the glovebox. With the one below, there are LEDs on the sides so it should be shining down into the glovebox opening even though the tip is covered.

#74 LED WEDGE BASE DASH LIGHT BULBS | 1 PAIR - 74 LED - Shop Bulb #

I looked (more like felt) the top of the glovebox and not much room or area to install external LEDs.

ALUMINUM BAR LIGHT STRIPLIGHT 3 CHIP 15 LED - May be a bit overboard in terms of output just for the glovebox. It will definitely light up the glovebox. Tried to find a suitable location that is flat (length) to mount this.

5K WHITE MINI SQUARE 6 LED - This may be the best option. Even though it is small, it will be bright enough. You can mount this at the top of the glovebox since it is small enough (may have to be off-centered a little). You can probably mount this on the side of the glovebox (inside) but may be covered by stuff inside the glovebox.

VLEDs is the only company I know of that has 74 LED base adapter. Otherwise, I would just buy the adapter, solder my own flexible LED strip to it. It may still be doable by just exposing wires from the LED strip of your choice and inserting it into the adapter and taping it off/shrinkwrapping so it doesn't come out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.