Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Tires for 2011 Ody Touring

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  zx12-iowa 
#1 ·
Hello experts,
It's time to change my original Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires that came with my Odyssey. I have little above 50K miles on them.

I am looking for recommendations for the new tires.

Michelins from Costco: Primacy MXM4 ($202.49/Tire including the $70 discount)
tires2.costco.com/product.aspx?ItemNo=655494&SearchID=7417e817-2ec9-4741-8a66-5af9c1819b68

Sams Club has GoodYear Assurance Comfortthread Touring (132.22/Tire)
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/goodyear-assurance-comfortred-touring-215-65r16-98t/prod1510551.ip

I am planning to keep the Van for another 3-4 years for another 30K miles.
Any other recommendations from the experts?

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Can't tell you anything about the ones your looking at. I purchased my 2011 Ody EX this past fall and had to replace the tires. Read lots of reviews of different tires, looking specifically at tires tested on the Ody. I ended up choosing the Continental TrueContact. There are several places on the web with tire reviews. One of my favorites is Tire Rack. I have put on almost 7000 miles already, most of it on snowy and icy roads south of Buffalo, NY in what is regionally called the "Ski Country" on the Buffalo TV weather reports. The TrueContact tires have not failed me yet in this winter weather.
Continental TrueContact All-Season Tire Review » AutoGuide.com News

#4 ·
I went with the Continental Crosscontact LX20. I've been impressed so far with the performance. Definitely quieter than the Michelins but they had 40k on them. I got them at discount tire. They even have me some warranty return on the oem Michelins since they were 20k short of the warranty and worn out.

#5 ·
Consumer Reports ranks the Michelin MXV4 as the top performance all-season tire.

I have been rolling on a set for about a year and 10,000 miles. Happy with them, especially with the smoothness and quietness compared with both Michelin X and the original Michelin Symmetry.

You quoted a Costco price of $202.49 including the discount. Strange - I paid $160 (including the $70 discount but not including taxes) in Canada, where prices are usually higher than in the US. Have you priced them elsewhere?

Dave

#8 ·
You quoted a Costco price of $202.49 including the discount. Strange - I paid $160 (including the $70 discount but not including taxes) in Canada, where prices are usually higher than in the US. Have you priced them elsewhere?

Dave
Sorry, invalid comparison.

Your 2011 Touring has larger 18" tires that have a considerably higher price than the my 16-inchers. The price differential on the US Michelin site is $88 ($255 vs. $167).

Good luck shopping.

Dave

#6 ·
I had the first generation Goodyear Assurance on a previous minivan. Discount Tire replaced all 4 because they went out of round after a year....of those 4, two were replaced later and when the other two went bad .....they and I agreed it was time to go back to Michelins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.