Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2012 Touring Backup Camera does appear

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mbd114 
#1 · (Edited)
2012 Touring Backup Camera does not appear

Howdy: I have a 2012 Touring with about 19k miles. Today, for the first time, I noticed a TRF icon with red beams emanating from top of the icon, at the top left hand corner of the screen. When I put the van in reverse, the navigation screen stays on and the backup camera does not appear. Is there anything I can do to fix it or is this something I need to go to the dealer for? The van is under an extended warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Hi,

Did you ever get this problem resolved. My 2008 Odyssey Touring is doing something similar: Navigation screen comes on, but the back-up camera doesn't turn on when I'm in reverse (the navigation map stays on the screen instead of the rear camera image). According to the on-board diagnostics, the system isn't getting the signal that the van is in reverse. The shop manual says to "Repair the back-up signal from the MICU" but figuring out what that really means has proven difficult.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.