'I don’t want to drive a big-bum minivan.'

Those are the exact words from my wife’s mouth when I suggested we buy a Honda Odyssey.

Despite her comments, she and I can be considered members of the minivan appreciation society. Over the years, they’ve been our go-to road trip vehicles from the local fleet of cars to review, opting only for an SUV or large crossover when no vans were available. And every single time we drove a van, we were thankful, regardless of which automaker made it.

And yet, when it comes to actually owning one, there’s still some stigma. So can the obvious advantages of a minivan overcome the drawbacks? I needed to find out because my family and I are legitimately about to pull the trigger on buying either an Odyssey or a Pilot in the next few weeks.

So, of course, when I got the chance to be one of the first people in the world to review the new Odyssey, a test that involved bringing my whole family to the Big Island of Hawaii, I jumped at the opportunity. There just couldn’t be a better test case than my family of four.
Read more about the 2018 Honda Odyssey Review at AutoGuide.com.