2011 odyssey- pics of truffle leather interior
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 odyssey- pics of truffle leather interior

2011 odyssey- pics of truffle leather interior

Thinking of 2011 odyssey.. wondering if anyone could post some good pics of the truffle leather interior. Still waiting to see the van here in Canada and I'm not sure exactly what this color looks like.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

go to the Honda website...they have an excellent section to "build your own" and they show you the interiors.

Re: 2011 odyssey- pics of truffle leather interior

Originally posted by gtgtgt
    Thinking of 2011 odyssey.. wondering if anyone could post some good pics of the truffle leather interior. Still waiting to see the van here in Canada and I'm not sure exactly what this color looks like.
    Thanks.
    Leather seats on the 2011 are only on the front seats and the two outer seats in the middle row. Middle seat and 3rd row are not leather.

I just realized this, after purchasing EX-L yesterday. Should have noticed this on the test-drive, but I didn't. It seems slightly shady to me that Honda advertises the EX-L and above as "leather-trimmed," but doesn't say anything about the vast expanses of leatherette that are in the car. The inclusion of "leather trimmed" coupled with the exclusion of "leatherette" reasonably implies, I think, that leather is the only seat surface in the vehicle. In fact, when I was researching the Sienna and the Odyssey, trying to decide between the two, I distinctly noted that Sienna's advertise "leatherette" while Odyssey's advertise "leather trim." "Well, that's +1 for Honda," I thought. In reality, it sounds like both vehicles have similar amounts of leather and leatherette.

I'm also a little disappointed that the salesman didn't point this out to me. When I first came in for a test-drive, we had a conversation about the difference between EX and EX-L. "L stands for leather," he told me. "The EX-L has leather seats while the EX has cloth." Strictly speaking, this may be true, as the EX-L has SOME leather on SOME of it's seats; but as a matter of plain language it seems misleading or obfuscatory to say "The EX-L has leather seats."

There is a chance the sales guy didn't know. A while ago we were considering a toyota Highlander Limited. When I sat in the 3rd row, I made some comment like "oh they did a good job to matching the leather feel of the front seats". To which the sales guy said it's all leather. He wouldn't believe me till I showed him in the brochure in the asterisks and numbered annotations at the bottom.

Regarding the truffle interior, I have to say I am so happy I saw one in person at the dealership. To me, the color on the website looked nice, but in person the color was Eggplant purple, not truffle. I know many on the forum love that color interior, but I would have prefered black. Anyways, we ended up with Beige interior. I have a picture taken with my old iPhone, and it's really bad the sun was glaring odd shadows, so if you want me to post it I will, but it's a VERY bad picture and you shouldn't make up your mind based on it alone.

We own an EX-L w/ truffle, it's certainly not eggplant purple.

We looked at gray and truffle parked next to one another at the dealer, in the sun it was very hard to tell the two apart. The truffle is basically gray with some brown mixed in. My wife's out of town with the van but I'll post some pics when she gets back.
    2011 Odyssey EX-L Navi
    2013 Subaru Legacy Limited

Here you go,...

2011 Odyssey EX-L Navi

Quote Originally Posted by stephent2 View Post
    Here you go,...

that looks much better than what i saw... I'm trying to find the picture on my phone now, but it was WAY darker than what you have there.

PhilZJ, I've seen a couple vans with truffle, that's the color. You can see why it's hard to distinguish from gray.
    2011 Odyssey EX-L Navi

Truffle looks good in those photo's, but in person my wife didn't like it, thought it was too dark. We ended up going with grey.

I commented on this before, we looked at vans on an overcast day. Things look different when it clear and sunny.
    Bill
    SENIOR CHIEF UNITED STATES NAVY RETIRED
    24 yrs, 2 months, 28 days, 1 wake-up

2011 EX-L, Polished Metal, Splash guards and those spiffy Honda all-weather mats and cargo tray, Fog lights, OEM hitch and harness

2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax, SR5, TRD, Huskyliners, TRD Sway Bar,4x4, a very nice shade of black

Thanks for the pictures, we are getting a EX on Monday with cloth Truffle, does anyone have pictures of the cloth truffle?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilZJ View Post
    that looks much better than what i saw... I'm trying to find the picture on my phone now, but it was WAY darker than what you have there.
    Im not too sure why, but when i first saw Truffle about a year ago, it looked REALLY dark, however, this go round, Truffle looks to have a bit more brown for some reason. I doubt there was a change, but its quite possible. I got truffle and am very glad I did. My first choice was beige but after seeing truffle, i was sold.

Just my opinion, but Truffle is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by stephent2 View Post
    Here you go,...

Is the dash truffle/brown/beige? I am trying to make my interior decision with the White Diamond Pearl exterior. I would prefer a black interior - both my previous Odysseys were black interior. Opinions please on the best matching interior with the WDP?

Should add: I will be getting the all weather mats and cargo mat.
    Mine: 2014 Kia Soul Exclaim - Honey Badger
    Mine: 2011 Lexus ES350 - Black Velvet
    Hers: 2005 Lexus RX 350 - Lenny

Gone but still missed: 2005 Odyssey Touring, 2008 Odyssey Touring.

Quote Originally Posted by jpstinnett View Post
    Is the dash truffle/brown/beige? I am trying to make my interior decision with the White Diamond Pearl exterior. I would prefer a black interior - both my previous Odysseys were black interior. Opinions please on the best matching interior with the WDP?

Should add: I will be getting the all weather mats and cargo mat.
    We have the WDP with truffle interior and it's amazing. We would have liked to have seen the beige but we fell in love right away with the truffle.

I will grab some pics when I get home but the dash looks like the top pic that you quoted. It's very nice.

We also have the all weather mats, cargo tray and mat.

Ray

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements