Tafeeta white vs White Diamond pearl
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tafeeta white vs White Diamond pearl

Tafeeta white vs White Diamond pearl

hi does anyone have any opinions on how different each is? i think its a new thing for 2012.

I am curious if pearl based paints have a better paint job than the non pearl/metallics. i have seen on the 2011 pilots and other hondas the paints seem pretty thin.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I think the pearls look alot nicer. I would think with the 3 stage you would end up with a better quality paint job as well.
    2008 Odyssey LX
    NH-578 Taffeta white

thanks 08ody, its almost a 6 thousand dollar difference. which i am finding hard to justify haha.

although it has 6 speed, widescreen, hid, side mirrors. but still 6 k! tough choice

Pearls look alot nicer but just remember that they are a royal pain to match if you ever need to have it painted.
    Greg Stoddard
    2002 Honda Odyssey EX-L in silver
    New tranny and motor mounts
    KYB GR-2 shocks & struts
    Airlift 1000 airbags
    Custom center console with bass

comming soon ...
    not sure yet

pearls look so much nicer!!! my mustang is a flat color, and yet it is bright, it just doesn't have the fire and sparkle to it. my .02
    07' Odyssey EX-L - ocean mist met, Anthracite 18" M5's
    06' Mustang GT vert - 20s, intake, exhaust, tuned
    72' Chevelle - SBC stocker

I saw only one white diamond ody touring elite yesterday. It look very nice. It still at lot today. I am kind of surprised that it don't sold out yet.

which honda is this smilingowl... too bad so far away

Pm sent. I don't know if i can post it here. I was passing through today and i can see it all the way from stoplight if it s same one. Last time i check the sticker is 44.

I look forward to someone posting a picture of a wdp and taffeta side by side.

We have a taffeta touring elite, and I was so upset they didn't offer this color a year ago when we got it.
    I need to stop by the dealership because the USB wont work, if they have one on the lot I'll be sure to get pictures for you guys.

For what it's worth, we have no regrets about getting the elite. Love the HIDs (was a must) blind spot sensors I thought were a gimick but now that I have them, I love them, especially with visibility by your 3rd row.
    The widescreen is nice too, we only use one input source, but with movies being wide format a bit of a zoom and stretch fills a good portion of the screen.
    Also the elite has some small speakers by the tv where the voice channels go if you move the audio balance to the back. So the passengers in the back can hear the movie fine and the driver isnt getting blasted away or screamed at through the front center channel (middle of dash by the windshield).
    Last edited by PhilZJ; 10-11-2011 at 11:32 PM.

PHil please do so, might make it easier for me .. White top on my list of my next car purchase
    so over all you feel you got your moneys worth of trinkets and toys?

its about 100 difference in payments per month. still playing the seesaw in the finances.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanvirgin View Post
    PHil please do so, might make it easier for me .. White top on my list of my next car purchase
    so over all you feel you got your moneys worth of trinkets and toys?

its about 100 difference in payments per month. still playing the seesaw in the finances.

I plan on going to the dealer next week, I'll bring my camera with me incase they have a wdp.
    I really like the elite, again, can't say enough about blind spot sensors. With my daughter's seat in the 2nd row on the passenger side I see nearly nothing out of the 3rd row window. My mirrors are angles out a good bit to provide coverage, but the sensors give you an extra comfort.
    Also helps when my parents are in town and are not as used to driving the minivan.
    I'd live the gizmos on the oddy if they worked right. We already had our head unit / cd changer replaced. Now our iPod USB hookup says data error. And 1/10 times it doesn't detect that it's even connected. That even happened back when it was working.
    The part that's not so good, is the integrated sunshades, massive gaps especially at the front. The interior illumination for your feet is stupid, they covered the bulb with a black plastic piece. So you gotta drill it out to get any use.
    Other than that, I really like it. Navi is good. That rear theater mode is fantastic. Where you switch the fader all the way to the back and the voice comes from the 2 speakers next to the display.
    Putting the hdmi connector opposite of the powers source in the rear is a bit stupid, but oh well.
    Memory seats are convenient too, my wife and I both drive the van. My car is fairly stationary in the garage.
    Since we use the van for road trips I insisted it had to have HID projectors. Visibility is so much better on dark roads.
    Anyways, I hope I don't sound like I'm trying to justify my purchase myself
    Only thing I wish is for a quieter cabin. If it had some 'cruizer' package that lowered interior noise to levels achieved by luxury care I would have spent the money on it I'm pretty sure.
    Also, not a problem where I live now, but if I lived in Canada an awd option would have been nice.

Please check out Photo Gallery.

I hope it works.

I am sorry. It s White Diamond pearl. New color for 2012.

15. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements