Vibration on ECO mode
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vibration on ECO mode

Vibration on ECO mode

I just bought an 06 honda Odyssey with 68000 miles. This is my first vehicle with any kind of cylinder deactivation system. I have read that the system should be transparent in its operation and the only indication that the car is operating on 3 cylinders is the ECO light.
    I am getting a vibration when the van switches to ECO mode. I cant really notice it during slower speeds (ex. under 40 mph) but its pretty noticeable on the highway. As soon as I accelerate, the vibration is gone but returns again once the system switches back to 3 cylinders. It has the same feel as if you were driving a car with a manual tranny and shifted from 1st to 4th.

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

txn
    Same here on 2008 Ody.
    It's a "design feature" to increase EPA fuel mileage, but I'd rather not have it.
    If vibrations are really rough and strong, maybe the rubber engine mounts need attention.
    Someone with cracked engine mounts can tell you more.
    2008 Odyssey EXL w/ RES (CPO)
    - Dec 2010: TSB 10-076 Steering Hard to Turn Quickly at Low Speed
    TSB 10-017 (Air In VSA Modulator-Control Unit Causes Low/Soft Brake Pedal)

I recently bought a 2006-EXL at 57K miles and i have a similar issue. the Vibration gets really annoying and you have to crank up the radio to avoid that vibration and noise with it. I also i noticed the vibration happening at lower speeds when you accelerate slowly. Look at the blogs could it be due to the worn out rubber for the engine mount. Very bad design from Honda, this is my first odyssey.

So far I must be really lucky, 2008 touring 58k miles and the ECO is like described, you can barely feel it

found a fix

I own a 2006 Touring with 80000 miles and same vibration in ECO mode. I changed the rear motor mount ($650) and cured the problem. One can easily replace the mount from underneath. It has one bolt attached to the motor and four to the chassis. The mounts rubber cover has an access hole to remove the one motor bolt.
    Remove the other four bottom bolts then work the mount out of the engine area where its easy to install the cover on the new mount. A friend has a dealer's license so the mount was only $450.
    I've heard of people getting the mount from Ebay for less. Its a wallet bite but it cures the problem.

I have 06 touring with 86k, same issue and same fix. Change the rear motor mount and your issue will be gone. Ran me $800 with parts and labor after some negotiating with service rep

Have 06 and luckily it happened right before 60k warranty expired so Honda ate it, but same here was rear mount. Dealer said it was a new part number so hopefully new part is going to last a LOT longer than 50k. FYI, its elecrically controlled so thats part of why it costs so much. The eco does save fuel, to an extent. other than that and some other issues has been a great van.

Suggest do the condenser screen using like a gutter guard and do a tranny change with DW1 Honda fluid 2-3 times, really helped my used vans shifting. THats the condensed version or you can search for hours reading 1000s of messages...LOL
    '06 EX-L Red - Mods - Magnum drilled rotors & ceramic pads, stainless lines, Monroe shocks, auto lights, 18" MDX Sport rims/Kuhmo tires. Honda hitch. mud guards. Weather Tech mats. Rad. Screen mod. & trans cooler.
    Issues - R.shocks, 3 eng mounts, blower thermal cut-out, alternator bearing, DVD sound cable, AC clutch bearing, door rattle, what next?
    '12 Kia Optima SX - Turbo GDI 2.0, 274 hp 6 speed
    '07 Saturn Sky Redline project car 1 year and counting on blocks...

I own 2011 Odyssey and 12k miles on it. I bought it last year. I never had this issue, the van was so smooth and never felt any difference in the ECO mode. My van had an accident recently with 10 grands of repairs. The repairs were handled very well except that I have this vibration issue in ECO mode. I had been to Honda twice and was told this is a known issue that they are seeing in every vehicle and it is normal. This is not normal as I never had this problem before. And it's not an unnoticeable vibration. The person in the passenger seat can also feel it even though you can feel this more on the accelerator pedal. I will have them check the rear mount.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dkkishor View Post
    I own 2011 Odyssey and 12k miles on it. I bought it last year. I never had this issue, the van was so smooth and never felt any difference in the ECO mode. My van had an accident recently with 10 grands of repairs. The repairs were handled very well except that I have this vibration issue in ECO mode. I had been to Honda twice and was told this is a known issue that they are seeing in every vehicle and it is normal. This is not normal as I never had this problem before. And it's not an unnoticeable vibration. The person in the passenger seat can also feel it even though you can feel this more on the accelerator pedal. I will have them check the rear mount.

Forgot to update the post. Got this fixed last year at my dealership. They told me that they did a firmware & software update but didn't repair anything to fix the problem. I don't know if they repaired anything but I am glad that it was fixed. But, from the people experiencing this problem, it may pop up again after 30-50k miles. So, will have to wait and see..

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements