2017 Odyssey?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Odyssey?

2017 Odyssey?

I have a 2007 Ody Exl which now has 105k miles and running just fine, a little oil usage because of the VCM but otherwise superb. I figure we will see an all new design for 2017, hopefully get rid of the lighting bolt styling, I still expect a V6, I just don't see Honda using the new Turbo 4 for an Ody, but who knows. We should only be about 12 months or less away from some real spy shots. After 10 years I may get a new one, I expect a substantial mileage increase, at the very least 3 to 4 mpg better highway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

what i have read the earth dreams engine will be part of it, as for the styling would this be a complete redesign if so then i predict conservative styling just hope no cvt i was going to buy the crv touring but the vibration killed the deal i'd like to see a diesel option but thats probably reaching. not much else i could find...basically look to acura and new pilot and ridgeline to give clues for interior stuff. hope they have a carplay option for my iPhone because the infotainment systemtem in the crv sucks tiny chicklet buttons and no knobs for simple things like ac and radio

The 2017 Odyssey will borrow a lot of parts from the new Pilot, as will the Ridgeline. No mysteries about the powertrain, same as Pilot, expect a 2 mpg bump. Aesthetically there is a big task for Honda, the Pilot already looks like an Odyssey. Spy pics are out but not very revealing.

One big piece is wondering about the center console, will Honda fill the spacious center gap that has always been available to the Ody. They are filling it on the Ridgeline, to much dismay. But the Ody does not get an AWD treatment (or does it?) so perhaps that changes things.

Expect no dramatic changes, perhaps some attention to mid seating, and of course some clunky new infotainment screen that is 10x slower than your $300 phone (a generalized not specifically Honda problem).
    2011 Odyssey Touring Bl/Tr
    2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited
    2006 Odyssey EX-L Bl/Iv, death by transicide
    2001 Odyssey EX Gr/Iv, death by transicide

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Saw some 2017odyssey designs on the internet They look awesome like " These are not your father's Odysseys". These are international designs, I doubt Honda USA would approve these designs here. We are too old folky.
    2005 EXL

In typical Honda fashion, I’d expect the next design to be more evolutionary than revolutionary. As others have stated, probably the same or similar powerplant & drive train as the Pilot, at least through 2019. I wouldn’t expect AWD as that configuration only represents 4% of the market but if they leverage the Pilot platform…

More options may be pushed down to lower trim lines per popular demand (e.g. Honda Vac). The design needs to work as one piece, not like the current generation with all of the odd, conflicting angles and sheetmetal creases.

1977 Camaro
    1985 Camaro
    1985 Camry
    1994 Ford Taurus (Tow us) GL Wagon
    1979 Corvette
    1998 Camry LE V6
    2003 Honda Odyssey EX
    2005 Mazda 6S

2006 Mazda 6S
    2015 Honda Odyssey EX
    2006 Toyota Avalon Limited

Does anyone know about the source for this page? 2017 Honda Odyssey Redesign, Release Date and Price | Newest Cars 2016

It looks like real Honda set of images
    '16 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite in Obsidian Blue Pearl w/ Roof Rails, Door Sill Garnish, Wheel Locks, Splash Guards & Both Rear Mats, 8/120K Honda Care
    '14 Audi S6 Prestige 4.0L 2xTurbo V8 in Phantom Black: Sport Differential, HUD, Night Vision, Adaptive Cruise, Massage Seats, Full LED, Sunshades, Cold Pkg, Rear Airbags, Tint, Waze VIM, Xpel Ultimate & Opti-Coat Pro
    Sold: '12 Odyssey Touring Elite in Smoky Topaz Metallic
    Sold: '05 Audi A6 3.2 in Stratos Blue Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    Does anyone know about the source for this page? 2017 Honda Odyssey Redesign, Release Date and Price | Newest Cars 2016

It looks like real Honda set of images
    It seems sites like that are made to create hits on search engines but they all contain speculative, “safe” text that reads like it’s been translated from another language without really saying anything:

“Other features for 2017 Odyssey is also possible to offer such as the new and fresh bodywork. The cabin and the bodywork will be redesigned because the support of new platform. Although the release date is still too far from now on, there is a big assumption that this new version would not get drastic changes.”

“It is reported by some reliable sources that the company will support it with new platform from Acura MDX which has been adjusted but still light enough.”

OK.

1977 Camaro
    1985 Camaro
    1985 Camry
    1979 Corvette
    1998 Camry LE V6
    2003 Honda Odyssey EX
    2005 Mazda 6S

2006 Mazda 6S
    2015 Honda Odyssey EX

I completely agree with your assessment. The origin images are intriguing though, but they're obviously concept images.
    '16 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite in Obsidian Blue Pearl w/ Roof Rails, Door Sill Garnish, Wheel Locks, Splash Guards & Both Rear Mats, 8/120K Honda Care
    '14 Audi S6 Prestige 4.0L 2xTurbo V8 in Phantom Black: Sport Differential, HUD, Night Vision, Adaptive Cruise, Massage Seats, Full LED, Sunshades, Cold Pkg, Rear Airbags, Tint, Waze VIM, Xpel Ultimate & Opti-Coat Pro

I really think this is going to be the next model here in the US.

Whoa. Sure looks legit. It's strange though they would have a vehicle in that condition a year and 5 months ago and not ship it as a 2016. More amazing they had one in Indonesia and listed it as a 2014 review. It looks like an improvement in about every way except for the third row seats and the front grill. We often drop two of the seats when we have a lot of cargo and still have one of the kids sit in the back. I don't know how they do the trim levels in Indonesia, but this unit doesn't look like what we think of today as a TE with the smaller rear entertainment display and lack of power seats for front passenger.
    Last edited by schalliol; 08-04-2015 at 04:33 PM.

It's safe to assume the nest gen Odyssey will have a corporate front end similar to the new Pilot and updated Accord. Just prior to the third generation Honda being released in 2004, many were hoping it would be styled after the then current JDM model. Instead, someone posted this concept art, which ended up being very close to the actual vehicle:

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/attach...05-odyssey.jpg

1977 Camaro
    1985 Camaro
    1985 Camry
    1979 Corvette
    1998 Camry LE V6
    2003 Honda Odyssey EX
    2005 Mazda 6S

2006 Mazda 6S
    2015 Honda Odyssey EX

NO new info on the 2017 Ody? We are less than a year away, I expect the lightning bolt will be gone from the rear quarter, it looked good in concept but not the final product.

maybe a 9 speed automatic tranny

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed El tawil View Post
    maybe a 9 speed automatic tranny
    Yes, possibly.

The new Pilot Touring and Elite already have the 9-speed tranny made by ZF. ZF makes solid transmissions, but the feedback from drivers of this one are not that good. Having 9 speeds to choose from, it's a busy little shifter. Also, it has two dog clutches (in addition to the hydraulic kind); these require engine speed adjustments to complete the shift, resulting in weird shift feel.

AFAIK, the ZF is the first non-Honda transmission in a Honda. I really hope it works because Honda's transmissions mated to it's 6-cylinder engines have damaged the company's reputation compared to its 4-cylinder-only days.

Dave
    2002 Odyssey EX Fern (Granite) Green
    Honda hood protector, stainless steel flex brake lines, Honda block heater, AC condenser screen, Zymol wax
    141,000 miles/227,000 kilometres; original transmission; Amsoil MV ATF since 79,000 miles/127,000 kilometres; Magnefine aux ATF filter; Honda aux ATF cooler; 18 drain and fills

What auto show do you guys think the 2017 will make an appearance?

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast