2003 Ody Lock cylinder Sticking
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2003 Ody Lock cylinder Sticking

2003 Ody Lock cylinder Sticking

I have a 2003 Ody and the key was sticking in the ignition. I tried some WD40 and that worked for a few days. Then it started to stick again and not let me turn the key. I bought some Lock Ease graphite stuff and shot it in there. Waited a few days and still have the same issue.
    I am unable to turn the key at all now. I have 1 other key that we have only used 2-3 times since we we got the vehicle years ago and it wont work either.

So here is my question.

1. Does 2003 have immobilizer on the ignition?

2. If I buy a new ignition from Autozone it comes with a set of keys and the lock cylinder and the outside mount. Now if my van has an immobilizer, does installing a new setup require me to program the computer or does it come as a set. I guess what I am asking is if the immobilizer and key are setup as one or does the computer store the information?

3. Do I need any special tools to remove the ignition and lock cylinder?

Thanks all!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I'm having the same exact isue on my 2003 Odyssey!

The dealer wants $480 to install a new tumbler, BUT that will come with a new key, so it won't match the keys in the door and trunk! AND that means my 3rd party auto-starter will need a nw key as well. This is crazy.

Seems they are too indept on being able to just install a new tumbler and key it the same as the old.

I called around and found a Locksmith place in The Bronx that says theyc an repair it for $100 in a few hours.

I suggest you call some large locksmiths in ghigh crime areas nar you, they likely deal with a lot of replacement ignition switch repair. :-)

I'll let you know how it goes. Plase do the same.

Rob

4. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements