Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Who is planning on getting the 2018?

43K views 96 replies 57 participants last post by  lindseybp 
#1 ·
FIRST THREAD IN THE 2017 SECTION!!!!!!

Who is planning on getting the 2017 odyssey?

#2 ·
I'm planning on it. I have an '05 I've been waiting to replace. The new Chrysler Pacifica (new name for Town&Country) looks really good and very intrigued by the plug-in hybrid option. Looks like they'll both be released about the same time roughly, end of 2016. I really hope Honda steps up to the plate and throws everything at it like Chrysler did. May the best van win. The only thing the Pacifica is missing is Led headlights. Not a deal killer but I've waited so long I want every stink'n piece of tech out there. Looking forward to the shoot out.

#5 ·
My 2016 EXL got rear ended 2 weeks after I picked it up from the dealership, nothing too bad just needed a rear bumper cover. The rental car I had was a new Chrysler Town and Country, BOY was that an eye opener!!!! No comparison at all between it and the Odyssey; multiple interior rattles, a transmission that had no clue where it wanted to go (hunted constantly) and the ride was bouncy / herky jerky. It only had 4k miles on it.

Hopefully Chrysler ups their game, that experience ruled them out for me at least in the future.

#7 ·
In 2014 I wanted to get a 2014 as our first van but figured I wait for the 2015 for apple car play and a blue ray player. All that never came. Not in the 2016 either. SOOOO. With 2017 being the redesign I'm hoping it will finally get those options. I really like the body of the current gen. I hope next gen looks better.

#8 ·
I'm interested in upgrading to the 2017. We had to buy our 2013 right when the 2014's were out due to the birth of our third kid (didn't want to pay MSRP and new 2014 TE's weren't due until later shipments), so we missed out on keyless entry and most importantly to my wife, the dark blue color.

She's told me repeatedly she's fine keeping the 2013, but I'm looking to upgrade it for her. She didn't like the Pacifica when I showed her pictures.

#12 ·
I want to trade up . My 2009 is fine about 7 - 8 months a year but we get snow and sub-zero weather and have lots of hills . AWD is far better and I also want the side view cameras , 9 speed trans , heated steering wheel , more power and upgraded stereo . Not going to debate the snow tire w/2wd vs AWD thing . I have done them both and I know what works better . Honda finally listened to the suggestion box I have been stuffing for the last 10 years . .... now about that extra inch of ground clearance at the push of a button ...

#19 ·
We had a T&C, but really want to move to an Odyssey. Renting a current one right now.

Worried that if they add AWD, they will have to raise the floor height, which will then have follow-on adverse effects on handling and the car-like steering. But, hopefully, they address the road noise which is pretty bad for a $40K vehicle.

#20 ·
Not sure yet. Love our leased '14 so far and have 1 year left on it. Not sure I want to buy it out since our '03 has had numerous minor-to-moderate issues. That said, I would want to avoid a first year model as well but if we lease again, I suppose any issues experienced would be the dealer's headache. Considering a Pilot this time around as well but am not enamored with the new styling. Only time will tell.

#22 ·
Thought I'd get one for sure, but my 2012 Ody was moaning and groaning as I hit 160K. Traded it in Saturday on a 2016 Pilot Elite.

#23 · (Edited)
I'm planning of purchasing a new 17 when it comes out. My current Ody, 05 (New 3rd Gen model) was bought in Sept of 04. It has 244K and hasn't had a lick of trouble other than routine maintenance and a new starter (last month). It has given us over 11 years of reliable service. I wouldn't hesitate at all with the new model coming out. My experience with my 05 has been much, much better than my 02 (2nd Gen) which was a mid year model. Of course your mileage may vary... :cool:

#33 ·
BTW: I drove a new FCA Pacifica last Thurs and I must say that it is a most impressive vehicle. It's very quiet, smooth/driving and handles very well (although there was only myself and the salesman in the vehicle at the time). It has a lot of nice features with the "new" stow n go among the most notable. It looks like the storage capacity is smaller than my current odyssey, but easier to implement via the stow n go. (no middle seat removal) The Hybrid version is most intriguing although it is not available as of yet. I will definitely evaluate it further as the time gets nearer to my purchase time-frame.

#24 ·
I've owned two Odyssey's and will never buy a Honda again. I simply don't see any value. The first one, 2006 touring elite didn't have major problems, but the pax problem was a lot to accept. The power door was not as reliable as it should have been and required that I replace the roller pieces. Also had a egr solenoid problem.
The 2013 is made by a completely different company by 30 k miles I had to replace the rotors and all the brakes, the entire engine was taken apart to replace the piston rings on three cylinders. This is not something that should be done to an engine that is already put together and used. The engine is probably ruined. The suspension is shot, the tires are shot, and the front doors don't fit correctly just like the first odyssey. There is a funny service bulletin about this from the 2006 odyssey - doors don't fit right- solution- and im not kidding- slice open the rubber door seal and put circular foam backer rod from the hardware store. Crazy garbage.
I need to get rid of the 2013, but honestly don't know what to get.

#27 ·
I am, for sure trading up to a 2017, unless I can resist the temptation and hold out for 2018. Allowing for the working out of new model bugs and all that... Whichever model year I get, someone please tell me that Honda will have finally, finally addressed their Achilles' Heel I’ve been moaning about for almost two decades - PERSISTENT, DEAFENING, TIRING, ROARING ROAD NOISE. The interior of my 2002 Odyssey EX has transformed from a barely muted and definitely noticeable rumble, to what is now a deafening freight train! And it doesn’t seem to matter what brand of tires I use.

#28 ·
I've been planning on it, and even though I knew that the Pacifica was going to be announced first, I'm surprised at just how good I think they did on it. I think that the $2 billion investment in the model really shows, and I wouldn't put a blanket statement that the Odyssey/Sienna will definitely be better.

#29 ·
We are greatly enjoying our Tesla Model S and now that our 2011 is 5 years old we are thinking AWD BEV or PHEV.

Our other candidates are the Volvo XC90 T8 and the Model X, but neither can compete with the huge room and utility of a minivan.

Therefore we hope that what we saw in Japan will materialize in the US with the Acura/Pilot AWD and an efficient torque assistive hybrid system.

Our garages are already electrified.

#30 ·
I have a 2009 Routan with 65k. It's giving me enough headache from day one. The front brake keep getting wrapped, 3rd row power folding doesn't go flush. Recently two heater hoses leak, solenoid pack replacement. I did all fix myself to save my wallet. Can't wait to see the 5th ody out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.