Any News on the 2018 Odyssey? - Page 21
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Any News on the 2018 Odyssey?

Too bad the front console is not removable. My 05 front console is foldable and I can get access to the rear or get out if a parking space is too tight to open the driver door. Aghhhh VCM again. Design similar to Gen4 meh. Off to Toyotaland when my 05 dies.
    2005 EXL

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

My opinion is similar to the most of you, nothing much new here, the outside from the side is a bit nicer, the lightning bolt is a bit better executed, but it would be much better to see it disappear completely. The grille is also a step back IMO, it's similar to the CR-V style, I would much prefer the current design, which is similar to the Pilot. Taillights is also a failure, the current LED strips are much better, why copy the ugly Civic taillamps.

Inside, the overall look is also very similar to the current one. The climate controls is bad, even worse than the current, no knobs at all, just a bunch of look-alike buttons, very frustrating. About the infotainment system, it remains to be seen how well it will play along. I am a bit skeptical about the gauge cluster too, I'm not used to it. So no more analog speedometer?

I am happy that Honda is promising a quiet ride. It remains to be seen, because Honda has never excelled with quietness. All competitors are surpassing Honda in this regard. I also hope they improved the ride. I also hope that the individual tire pressure monitor is back.

Along with the lights too..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sams Dovels View Post
    The grille is also a step back IMO, it's similar to the CR-V style...
    that's the first thing I thought when I saw it. So disappointed. I had been holding out waiting for this new model to replace my ailing '08, and instead it seems like a refresh. I was really hoping for something similar to the Japanese model which looks way better! Grrrrr. Really? No 2nd sunroof?

Maybe I'll give the Sienna another look, since the features seem much better.
    Last edited by Gory; 01-09-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    '08 Odyssey Touring in White w/o PAX
    16" Elbrus I02 Silver Painted + TPMS w Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 (TireRack.com) - winter
    (replaced ICE Coated Elbrus I03 + TPMS - all new items but corroding/failing in 2 yrs under warranty)
    17" Honda OE + TPMS w Bridgestone Dueler Ecopia 422 (costco) - summer
    Weathertech Black Floor Liner (3 rows) (weathertech.com)
    Weathertech Sunroof Wind Deflector (weathertech.com)
    OEM 3rd Row Sun Shades (ebay.ca)
    Roof Rack Cross Bars OE Style (ebay.ca)

I really wish it had the 360 birds eye camera, self parking, and backing up auto brake features the Pacifica has. I'll probably get one regardless but the Pacifica is really tempting specially with it going for 10k off msrp in my area.
    '05 Touring R&N

I'm confused... does this mean there will be no 2017 Odyssey?

The Odyssey at your dealer right now is a 2017.

The reason for the lightning bolt is to try to trick the eye into thinking it's not a minivan, that it's more of a crossover, I can see how it sorta works. Since they moved the upper door track into the window frame it works better, the last generation was a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by pawnflyer View Post
    The Odyssey at your dealer right now is a 2017.
    Sorry to be thick, but just to be clear... we can purchase the 2018 model in March/April?

Quote Originally Posted by bugmebugme View Post
    Sorry to be thick, but just to be clear... we can purchase the 2018 model in March/April?
    Well all they are saying is spring. Which technically goes from late roughly March 20 to June 21....hopefully April/May time frame but could roll into June possibly.

My biggest issue with the gen 4 was not really the lightning bolt but the large D pillar in the back that reduces visibility. The visibility in my gen 3 is phenomenal and I really don't care to lose it.
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

Love it. So glad they copied Chrysler from back in 1996 and finally put the door track up by the glass of the rear window. That is the one thing I have hated about the look of my 2011 EXL NAV. The track mechanism looks so half baked and cheap. I never understood why they did that. It always looked like they ran out of engineering money when they got to the door track.

For those talking about a black interior...I believe what you are seeing is a new darker Truffle/Brown leather interior. I do not believe it is black. I have a Smokey Topaz (brown) 2011 Odyssey and it has the Truffle interior...which we love. It has worn very well and doesn't show dirt like a lighter color. Somewhere along the line - they moved that color on the current van to be a Touring exclusive leather color. I plan on getting a Touring Elite when we upgrade in the coming year...and I hope I can get the brown with the dark brown interior like the reveal van.

Love it!!!

I haven't noticed anyone commenting on the Snow button. So it looks like 2018 offers the Intelligent Traction Management system that the Pilot has. I would love to hear what anyone has to say about truly how effective this is in the snow. I saw that a few people had been wishing for an AWD option. And I must be one of only about 10 people in the world who really wanted to see this happen (or else Honda with have gone with it). I've been holding out hope for this generation, but if it hasn't happened this time it never will. My 2005 is flat out terrible in snow. I've tried turning VSA off and it doesn't help enough in bad conditions. So please...how much difference will Snow mode make on a 2WD minivan?

No fridge either. Boo.
    2014 Silver Elite

Past
    2001 Ody EX
    2004 Ody EX NAV
    2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
    2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
    2011 Ody Elite

Quote Originally Posted by masher View Post
    Love it. So glad they copied Chrysler from back in 1996 and finally put the door track up by the glass of the rear window. That is the one thing I have hated about the look of my 2011 EXL NAV. The track mechanism looks so half baked and cheap. I never understood why they did that. It always looked like they ran out of engineering money when they got to the door track.

For those talking about a black interior...I believe what you are seeing is a new darker Truffle/Brown leather interior. I do not believe it is black. I have a Smokey Topaz (brown) 2011 Odyssey and it has the Truffle interior...which we love. It has worn very well and doesn't show dirt like a lighter color. Somewhere along the line - they moved that color on the current van to be a Touring exclusive leather color. I plan on getting a Touring Elite when we upgrade in the coming year...and I hope I can get the brown with the dark brown interior like the reveal van.

Love it!!!
    There is one picture where the back is open and it sure looks like black to me on the interior. Also, they are going to have a black carpet and seat belt option so I would hope black would be an option for the seating. Heck both the pacifica and the Sienna have black so I would think they would start offering it on this new 5th gen. Fingers crossed!

snow button starts in second gear to avoid wheel spins.
    Last edited by pappy; 01-10-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    2005 EXL

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast