Any News on the 2018 Odyssey? - Page 22
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Any News on the 2018 Odyssey?

I'm interested in knowing what the dimensions are on the 2018, whether it's a little shorter and wider...visually, it seems to be.

We have a 2005 Odyssey with about 175,000 miles on it and have had no significant issues with it. We've been waiting to see the 2018 so we could decide whether we should wait to replace our current one with the current generation or the 2018. Although I could live with the look/options of the current generation, my wife likes the look of the new one. I'd also be interested in measuring the interior noise of this new one compared to our 2005 to see just how improved it is.

The bottom line is, we keep our primary vehicles for the long haul, so I guess it makes sense to just go with the 2018 in maybe another year.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

How long is it between an announcement and full specs, usually? I'm also hoping for a good OEM remote start.

We are like the poster above - we keep cars for a long time and have always bought used, but now that my husband works for a family of dealerships (Honda included) we are very tempted to buy new and try keeping a car for it's first 100k miles/10 years, and not it's last. We bought our 2005 in 2011 at 105k, and have only crossed over to 150k recently, but body rust is starting to make it's presence known more fully.

Here is a video describing the snow mode for the Pilot (2wd included)

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

More info:

A Closer Look at the 2018 Honda Odyssey?s 10-Speed, Backseat Spy Cam - Motor Trend

The ratios themselves have yet to be divulged, but the overall ratio spread (first gear ratio divided by tenth gear ratio) is 10.00—up from 6.04 on the six-speed automatic and 9.82 on the Pilot’s ZF nine-speed—and the top four gears are overdrive ratios (as on the nine-speed). The transmission supports the Odyssey’s variable displacement system thanks to a torque converter with a three-stage vibration damper, and it supports auto start/stop (standard on Odyssey 10-speeds) with an accumulator that can engage the first-gear clutches very fast or very slowly and comfortably depending on whether the engine is switching on because the driver is ready to go or because of vehicle-based reasons (like humidity levels calling for AC). Clever.
    Expect to see the 10-speed only on top trim levels of the Odyssey to begin with, after which it will gradually spread throughout the Honda fleet. It’s designed to have a ten-year lifespan.
    Last edited by wonderboymini; 01-10-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Its very interesting. My friend's lease is maturing. he called the leasing agent who told him there are few 2016's left and those are at a price higher to what he is paying now for his 2014. The agent also said that 2017's are not yet in lots. if that's the case do you guys think that 2018 will really be available for sale in early spring?

Did Honda get rid of the ceiling mounted a/c vents? Terrible!
    2014 Silver Elite

Past
    2001 Ody EX
    2004 Ody EX NAV
    2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
    2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
    2011 Ody Elite

The Motor Trend article says the new 10-speed transmission is "designed to have a 10-year-lifespan." Huh? Well, I guess resale value will crash at the 10-year mark!

I took it as Honda will use the 10 Speed in its fleet for 10 years before doing something different.

Quote Originally Posted by YELLOWCAKE View Post
    I took it as Honda will use the 10 Speed in its fleet for 10 years before doing something different.

That's correct. Although they could have worded it better.

Quote Originally Posted by OdyinVA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YELLOWCAKE View Post

That's correct. Although they could have worded it better.
    Agreed!

Just was looking at an interior video of the 2018 and it appears on the Elite models they are offering heated and cooled front seats.

If a current gen could be retrofitted with Apple CarPlay (and remote start, I think that one is easy to do) I'd be fine with it, I think. The sensing is a nice feature, but the cabintalk and some of the other features are Touring / Elite, and I top out at base EXL, for the most part. (I don't care about RES/NAV). I'm past the carseat phase so the middle row isn't a big selling point, and I just used 2nd gear to move my car after shoveling out of a 30" snowstorm. But there really is no way to use an aftermarket Carplay unit, right? I'm a little underwhelmed by the new model, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by snappity View Post
    If a current gen could be retrofitted with Apple CarPlay (and remote start, I think that one is easy to do) I'd be fine with it, I think.
    Remote start on the current generation of Odysseys is available as an accessory. MSRP - $399.00
    2016 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite Brand new
    2007 Honda Civid Hybrid 150,000 miles and counting - will never buy a hybrid again.
    2002 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES 201,500 miles Sold
    1997 Honda Accord LX 265,000 miles Sold
    1994 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon 120,000 miles Traded in
    1993 Honda Civic EX 100,000 miles Traded in
    1991 Honda Civic EX 180,000 miles TOTALLED

Yes, I have an aftermarket system on my 05 that came with it (I bought used) and it's okay, so I know I can add that to anything, it's the carplay that seems like an impossible conversion! (which makes me feel old, because I remember installing my own tape deck in my first car, and it was super easy. )

Here's the preview page on Honda.com : All-New 2018 Honda Odyssey ? The Family Getaway Vehicle | Honda

Thanks to pappy and snappity for your reponses to my Snow mode question. I had seen two videos already on the terrain management system. So I'm really looking for more of a reality check...like how much difference is this REALLY going to make in the Odyssey making through significant snow. For many years I've kept two cars running, my Ody and a Subaru for the snow. I'm tired of doing that and really want one car that suits my needs. It looks to me like the AWD Sienna does quite well in the snow and I'm sure I'd be happy with its performance, but I really don't like the styling/appearance. I'm a Honda fan and our family has had quite a few. I've read that Land Rover and Jeep and Ford all have similar terrain management systems. But I haven't found info about how well they really improve performance. And from what I have read, the system doesn't just adjust transmission shifting, but also works with the VSA and other systems. Does anyone have experience, or even just strong opinion and knowledge about how much I can expect out of it? I really don't want to move to the Sienna, but will have to put it on my radar. I was about to give up on the 2018 Odyssey when I watched the release, but then I found the Snow mode on there and have at least a little renewed hope. Thanks to anyone who can help!!

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast