Any News on the 2018 Odyssey?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any News on the 2018 Odyssey?

Any News on the 2018 Odyssey?

Is it normal for Honda to hold out this long to introduce any real news on the next year's model? We're in the market, but are holding on to see what the 2017 will offer. At the very least, to see what the 2017 introduction will do to the price of the 2016s. I've tried to find info on what point of the year a refresh model was introduced, but have been unsuccessful. Any insights?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I've been following this very closely and the best info to date is Honda will introduce the new Ody at the L.A. auto show November 15 and hit the dealers in January 2017.

For big feature rumors it's very unlikely there will be AWD or hybrid options but a Honda designed 10 speed tranny is possible for upper trim levels.
    Last edited by vertrkr; 05-10-2016 at 02:31 PM.
    '05 Touring R&N

Quote Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post
    I've been following this very closely and the best info to date is Honda will introduce the new Ody at the L.A. auto show November 15 and hit the dealers in January 2017.

For big feature rumors it's very unlikely there will be AWD or hybrid options but a Honda designed 10 speed tranny is possible for upper trim levels.
    Thanks for the info. I don't think I want to wait much past September to even hear about what it'll include. If they announced it earlier, I'd be fine waiting until a January 2017 release date if new features made it worth it. I'll keep following this as well. See if anything more gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post

Thanks for the information. This actually works well for my time table as we are happy with the 2013 but wouldn't mind upgrading when the next generation comes. Summer 2017 would be a reasonable time to look when dealers will stop asking for MSRP.
    2016 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento
    2013 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite - Smoky Topaz/Truffle
    2008 Acura MDX Tech/PTG - Steel Blue/Taupe [Traded]

Jan seems quite late for Honda. New models typically being arriving in Oct. Bummer to wait so long for the info.
    Ours: 2015 Odyssey Touring Elite
    Mine: 2016 Audi Q3
    Hers: 2016 Audi Q3

Gone but still missed: 2005 Odyssey Touring, 2008 Odyssey Touring.

2017 odys will have improved VCM like the 2016 pilot. Honda went back to 3 cylinder VCM instead of the 2-3 cylinder VCM2.
    Sparkplugs will be fired even when VCM3 is activated to prevent oil fouling. Active motor mounts will be stronger. 2011 -2016 odys with VCM2 are problematic. Even Honda admits it needs to fire sparkplugs to prevent oil fouling in the deactivated cylinders.
    2005 EXL

We were in the same boat...

My wife had a 2012 Acadia and was driving me crazy for a minivan.

I told her, the acadia was too new to trade in yet. But if I could get at least 8K in profit off of it then I would buy her a minivan.

Well I put the ad up, and no where close to that amount for a while and then boom someone bit.

With her Acadia gone we had to replace it and really wanted to see all the new '17 models the Pacifica, Sienna, Odyssey, and even the new Quest which finally had its safety issues address in this redesign.

I travel WAY TOO MUCH and actually had enough rental car points to hold off buying a new van for a few months but wanted to know if that was worth it.

No sign of anything from Honda or Toyota.

We drove the new Pacifica and while the styling is fine, it felt every bit Chrysler. Not to mention the wife didn't like the new touchscreen entertainment system. She was worried that the kids would be leaning forward when they were in a crash, and that wasn't safe.

Also, if you're in the third row, you can't see the screens

So we ruled it out despite some excellent incentives for a brand new model.

Sienna ended up being our favorite van out of what was left, but honda financing blew toyota away. With good credit you can actually make money on the deal.

We ended up leasing our Odyssey with the understanding that we can take advantage of the Honda upgrade program and trade it out for the new model in 12 months.

So we got a 2016. $0 down amazing payment and in 12 months, will swap it out for the new model, and start the lease over again.

Talk to your dealer, it may not be such a bad situation after all

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    Sparkplugs will be fired even when VCM3 is activated to prevent oil fouling. [...] Even Honda admits it needs to fire sparkplugs to prevent oil fouling in the deactivated cylinders.
    Okay, but that doesn't address the root problem of oil getting past the rings into the combustion chamber.

Dave
    2002 Odyssey EX Fern (Granite) Green
    Honda hood protector, stainless steel flex brake lines, Honda block heater, AC condenser screen, Zymol wax
    141,000 miles/227,000 kilometres; original transmission; Amsoil MV ATF since 79,000 miles/127,000 kilometres; Magnefine aux ATF filter; Honda aux ATF cooler; 18 drain and fills

Quote Originally Posted by davedrivesody View Post
    Okay, but that doesn't address the root problem of oil getting past the rings into the combustion chamber.
    I thought I read they started using tighter rings in the new earth dreams engine. I know my Dad's '09 Pilot that problem but they tore it down and put in tighter rings under warranty. 20,000 miles later it's not eating oil. Guess I'll have to cruse other forums to see how this new engine is doing.
    Last edited by vertrkr; 05-21-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    '05 Touring R&N

----------------------------------
    2009 Odyssey EX-L, 65K kms "Oliver"
    2006 SAAB 9-3 SportCombi 2.0T
    2004 Subaru Outback wagon 3.0 H6

I've called several dealers and all agree that it will roll out by September but all stated that Honda keeps the dealers in the dark until 4-6 weeks from availability. I need a bigger car (family is getting bigger in late June) and I'm getting antsy.

I bet Honda is having second thoughts on VCM and working on engineering changes. The 3rd gen Ody 2005 was seen at the NY auto show around 4/2005. Why the delay?
    2005 EXL

Quote Originally Posted by chunk75 View Post
    I've called several dealers and all agree that it will roll out by September but all stated that Honda keeps the dealers in the dark until 4-6 weeks from availability. I need a bigger car (family is getting bigger in late June) and I'm getting antsy.
    Wow, you really think September? At one point I had heard maybe not until Jan 17 due to potential 10spd transmission rollout.

I have no insight other than what three different dealerships told me. Who knows if they have a clue though...

Quote Originally Posted by wecnews View Post
    We drove the new Pacifica and while the styling is fine, it felt every bit Chrysler. Not to mention the wife didn't like the new touchscreen entertainment system. She was worried that the kids would be leaning forward when they were in a crash, and that wasn't safe.

Also, if you're in the third row, you can't see the screens

So we ruled it out despite some excellent incentives for a brand new model.
    Wow, very surprising! Not liking the Uconnect! That system is actually amazing IMO. Most highly rated out there and not even in the same league as the current Honda system in the Odyssey which is not very good at all. Every time I have to mess with our 2015 Odyssey Touring nav (especially on the go) with voice activation I end up wanting to shoot myself and end up resorting to using my iphone lol. Uconnect 8.4 in my Jeep is flawless each and every time I need something. Everything just works and is incredibly easy to use. Hard to imagine someone not liking it when it works so well. The other thing I find hard to imagine is when comparing interiors there is also no comparison between Pacifica and Odyssey especially the Pacifica Limited. The Odyssey is such an old design now that's due for the refresh so its tough to compare those anyway.
    Anyway, glad to see you guys ended up happy with your purchase decision, but for me I know for sure if the Pacifica Limited was out when we bought our 2015 Odyssey Touring, the Pacifica would without a doubt be in our garage right now.
    His: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6
    Hers: 2015 Honda Odyssey Touring, WDP

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast