So Whats Your Thoughts On The 2018? - Page 5
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: So Whats Your Thoughts On The 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by lindseybp View Post
    I think the lightning bolt is viewed by Honda as a distinctive feature that sets the Odyssey apart and makes it recognizable. They could have easily done away with it but that's my guess as to why they didn't.
    Agreed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Pilot owners seem to be more concerned with the Touring and Elite's 9 speed transmissions than they are with VCM.

Quote Originally Posted by OdyDudy View Post
    Really? Because on the Pilot forum, piloteers.com, there is hardly any mention of it, if at all. I see that you guys are just trying to start another mass hysteria on the new model. Note, this is using a totally different engine that the previous gen.
    Trying to start a mass hysteria?! Hardly.

Trying to save people some heartache, stress and grief? That's closer to the truth.

It's well established that some VCM-equipped engines are virtually perfect while others are destined to turn themselves into aluminum alloy "objets d'art". The problem is that there is no way to tell which group you're falling into at the time of purchase. How much would you pay to virtually guarantee that you fall into the happy group? Don't bother answering that, because as far as I'm concerned, that cost is known.

The VCMuzzler is an accessory whose price represents well under 0.5% of the purchase price of the average brand-new Odyssey. Or, depending on your locale, the price of somewhere between 1 and 2 fill-ups - a couple weeks worth of driving at best. I spent significantly more on a cargo liner for our Ody than I did for a device that significantly reduces the likelihood of engine damage due to the complexities of cylinder deactivation (which no one has fully sorted out yet, including Honda).

You see, when it comes right down to it, physics is a b*tch - it doesn't care how neat an idea is or how great it would be if it worked the way we'd like it to. Running a 6-cylinder engine on fewer than 6 cylinders is going to be hard on it, and there's not a lot than can be done to change that.

If all us little guys spending our hard-earned paycheques weren't the guinea pigs for all this real-time R&D, I'd have nothing to say. But if I'm betting anywhere from $35,000 to $50,000 of MY money on Honda's idea on how to save a little fuel, you can be sure I'm going to try to skew the odds in my favour.

If you are willing to trust Honda on the basis of "it's new so it must be better", go ahead. I won't, and I don't think it's untoward to tell people who likely don't know a lot of the history that they should be wary. The Gen4 Odyssey is a great van and the new Gen5 certainly will be too. But VCM is not what makes these vans so great, and there's no need to pretend that it is.
    2015 EX - Shear Comfort seat covers, Husky Liners floor liners, OEM cargo liner, VCMuzzler, Street Guardian dashcam

The things you fear are undefeatable not by their nature, but by your approach.

Wife is considering 18 Ody...learning more about VCMuzzler... Can you suggest best place to buy VCMuzz in states? online? Are there any local dealers in South Florida area that can install?

The engineers at Honda must be sworn to secrecy about the whole VCM problem. I am sure they know exactly what is going on. They have to test every thing and record results scientifically.

Let's leave the Vcm conspiracy theories to another thread please.

On my first glance I was a little disappointed. I have watched a bunch of videos now and the 18 is really growing on me. More power. Slightly reduced weight. Quieter interoior. Tons of tech. Better interior materials. It's still a minivan so there is only so much they can do with the exterior. I could see this one being the replacement for the 2013 we have. This is our third Honda minivan and all three have been very reliable and very good vehicles. Will wait to drive it and let the kinks get worked out and prices to come down, but this one is a real contendor. Our 13 is paid off in just a few months so we are probably 12-18 months out from buying.

Family members have had Honda for years and finally purchased our first Accord last year.

Was looking at the 2016 Ody recently, but decided to wait to see what the 2018 offered. I think the refresh looks good, but not a fan of the front end (mainly the square marker lights above the fog lights). Some of the minor reasons of not going with the 2016 - no blu ray / no apple car play.

The question I have as I don't recall seeing it in the 2016 - did it have air conditioned seating? If I'm looking correctly at some of the 2018 photo it seems like it will be added (the interior photo - the button of the seat with fan - beside the seat warmer button) My friend has it in his Ford Explorer and it's fantastic.

Still wondering about Wide screen rear entertainment...doesn't look that big. hate the idea of having ipads for kids in back

Quote Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
    Wife is considering 18 Ody...learning more about VCMuzzler... Can you suggest best place to buy VCMuzz in states? online? Are there any local dealers in South Florida area that can install?
    VCMuzzler II for disabling VCM - FAQ's

You can buy it directly form Verbatim or from ebay:http://www.ebay.com/itm/VCMuzzler-II...BYcTgf&vxp=mtr

Installation is EASY:
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers -

Quote Originally Posted by matazz View Post
    Family members have had Honda for years and finally purchased our first Accord last year.

Was looking at the 2016 Ody recently, but decided to wait to see what the 2018 offered. I think the refresh looks good, but not a fan of the front end (mainly the square marker lights above the fog lights). Some of the minor reasons of not going with the 2016 - no blu ray / no apple car play.

The question I have as I don't recall seeing it in the 2016 - did it have air conditioned seating? If I'm looking correctly at some of the 2018 photo it seems like it will be added (the interior photo - the button of the seat with fan - beside the seat warmer button) My friend has it in his Ford Explorer and it's fantastic.
    Yep looks like the front seats have vent option (air conditioning so to speak). I'm happy that they have blu ray and apple car play/android auto. Supposedly this is an all new honda designed interface so I'm hoping it's fast and not slow like so many others.

I'm years away from replacing our '09 EX-L, but I hope when the time comes, the ventilated seats will be available on the lowly EX-L trim and not limited to Touring or Touring Elite. I can live without RES or the PA system, but I borrowed my dad's Durango with ventilated seats when we lived in Florida, and it's now a requirement for new car purchases. Nothing worse than swamp butt.

Would you anti-vcm zealots please stop posting on this forum until at least the model is out? Stop trying to start another witch hunt, already you've conned a new poster into buying a VCMuzzler for unfounded reasons.

You can tell these guys are over reacting with their super long posts on the matter, or they are trying to get you into buying a muzzler from them or their friends. Even when given facts that the Pilot forum has no posts with problems regarding the newest version of VCM, they scoff at it. lol. Deranged.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post
    VCMuzzler II for disabling VCM - FAQ's

You can buy it directly form Verbatim or from ebay:http://www.ebay.com/itm/VCMuzzler-II...BYcTgf&vxp=mtr

Installation is EASY:
    2014 Silver Elite

Past
    2001 Ody EX
    2004 Ody EX NAV
    2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
    2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
    2011 Ody Elite

Would you anti-vcm zealots please stop posting on this forum until at least the model is out? Stop trying to start another witch hunt, already you've conned a new poster into buying a VCMuzzler for unfounded reasons.

You can tell these guys are over reacting with their super long posts on the matter, or they are trying to get you into buying a muzzler from them or their friends. Even when given facts that the Pilot forum has no posts with problems regarding the newest version of VCM, they scoff at it. lol. Deranged.
    lol, I was just answering his question, quit being a simpleton.
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers -

"Mass hysteria"? "Zealot"? "Witch hunt"? "Conned"? "Deranged"? Son, we can disagree without being disagreeable, can we not?

I have no skin in this game aside from my own van. You like and trust VCM? Great - I'm glad. I'd like nothing better than to have your (and everyone else's) experience prove me wrong. That's actually how it's supposed to be.
    2015 EX - Shear Comfort seat covers, Husky Liners floor liners, OEM cargo liner, VCMuzzler, Street Guardian dashcam

The things you fear are undefeatable not by their nature, but by your approach.

Quote Originally Posted by CroMath View Post
    "Mass hysteria"? "Zealot"? "Witch hunt"? "Conned"? "Deranged"? Son, we can disagree without being disagreeable, can we not?

I have no skin in this game aside from my own van. You like and trust VCM? Great - I'm glad. I'd like nothing better than to have your (and everyone else's) experience prove me wrong. That's actually how it's supposed to be.
    Weeeeell...lately, a lot of what used to be considered disagreeable, even unacceptable, has become normalised.

Seriously, I take your point very well. I myself am in the VCMuzzler camp, which is at odds with my nature. I’m such a conformist and willing to go along with whatever the automobile manufacturer recommends that I found it almost wrenching to install an aftermarket anything to my brand new vehicle. Hell, I’ve never even been able to commit that quintessentially Southern Californian symbol of indulgent self-absorption and self-congratulation - ordering personalised license plates!

I’m very much hoping to be proven wrong too.
    2016 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite Brand new
    2007 Honda Civid Hybrid 150,000 miles and counting - will never buy a hybrid again.
    2002 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES 201,500 miles Sold
    1997 Honda Accord LX 265,000 miles Sold
    1994 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon 120,000 miles Traded in
    1993 Honda Civic EX 100,000 miles Traded in
    1991 Honda Civic EX 180,000 miles TOTALLED

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast