So Whats Your Thoughts On The 2018?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So Whats Your Thoughts On The 2018?

So Whats Your Thoughts On The 2018?

So finally after waiting for some time, the 5th gen 2018 Odyssey has been revealed.

What are your opinions, thoughts, reactions, etc on the new 2018 Odyssey?

I'll start. It doesn't look too bad IMHO. THANK GOD they kept the V6 but WTF they kept VCM!!!
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - OEM Footwell LED Mod - LED Rear Reflectors -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

VCM isn't going away. The emissions restrictions are only getting tougher and tougher.
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

Quote Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
    VCM isn't going away. The emissions restrictions are only getting tougher and tougher.
    Yep they're getting extremely strict on emissions but they could of gone a different route or something! We don't want to deal with this VCM BS anymore, we had enough. Yes I know its been improved but still the 2016/2017 are still giving SOME, not all people problems.
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - OEM Footwell LED Mod - LED Rear Reflectors -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Yeah I don't like that it still has VCM but not a deal breaker for me. I like having the complete Honda Sense package, android auto/apple carplay, the fact you can play blu ray discs now, front and rear proximity sensors, black seat color. I do like the green I have seen in pics but want to see it in person first.

Just be thankful it's not a 4 cylinder turbo, the next gen Accord loses the V6, it's all 4 turbos.

Underwhelming, especially in the face of the Chrysler Pacifica and its Hybrid variant. It's such a shame Honda didn't build a hybrid version, we're almost certainly going to get a Pacifica Hybrid now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last thing I'd want is a hybrid. That's a plus in my book.
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black

The wife said she likes it. Looks more like a refresh rather than all new model. I hope you don't have to buy an Elite to get all the goodies. Would like to see LED/HID headlights and also the ventilated leather seats in the lower trims.

We are going to the Pittsburgh auto show next month, we'll see if they bring the new Odyssey. The wife also wants to check out some SUV's, but I told her you're not going to have as much storage volume in the back with an SUV. We typically pack the van full when going on trips with our 2 kids.
    Last edited by SteveV; 01-09-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    11 Odyssey Touring - Celestial Blue Metallic
    14 Sierra 1500 4x4 crew cab

Why? You get better fuel economy, especially in the city when you plugin. Remote climate controls, electric drivetrain, tax credits, plus you get more power off the line (if that's what you're after, but hey this is a minivan).

The last thing I want is to have to replace batteries that cost nearly as much as an engine and then I've wondered where all these "recycled" batteries go and what kind environmental damage is done manufacturing and recycling them (a bit like all these li-Ion batteries in phones--you know they're just ending up in landfills.) I just don't see hybrids as being a net benefit to the environment, cost more in replacements, and just make more to go wrong and have to be maintained. My in-laws have a hybrid Hyundai and have had problems with the batteries going dead. I'd rather fight VCM...at least there's a Muzzler for that.
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black

The last thing I want is to have to replace batteries that cost nearly as much as an engine and then I've wondered where all these "recycled" batteries go and what kind environmental damage is done manufacturing and recycling them (a bit like all these li-Ion batteries in phones--you know they're just ending up in landfills.) I just don't see hybrids as being a net benefit to the environment, cost more in replacements, and just make more to go wrong and have to be maintained. My in-laws have a hybrid Hyundai and have had problems with the batteries going dead. I'd rather fight VCM...at least there's a Muzzler for that.
    Li-ion will usually last the life of the car, generally not needing replacement unless it's mismanaged by a poorly designed battery management system. Using the electric powertrain will save tons of wear and tear on the gas engine too, not to mention brakes. The fact that the Pacifica comes in a hybrid is a huge selling point for me, especially one with 30 miles of range.

Amen!!! I’m totally with you there, John. I own a Civic Hybrid now, and - bless its little, willing, woefully underpowered heart - it’s a thoroughly disagreeable, unrelentingly vile, completely wretched piece of machinery. I’ll never buy another hybrid again.

Did I tell you I don’t care for it very much?
    2016 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite Brand new
    2007 Honda Civid Hybrid 150,000 miles and counting - will never buy a hybrid again.
    2002 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES 201,500 miles Sold
    1997 Honda Accord LX 265,000 miles Sold
    1994 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon 120,000 miles Traded in
    1993 Honda Civic EX 100,000 miles Traded in
    1991 Honda Civic EX 180,000 miles TOTALLED

As an owner of a 2011 EXL NAV since new...I have been waiting for the new generation. We love our van and can't wait to replace it with a new one. I don't care about the Hybrid option. Electricity in most places is powered by coal or some combination of coal and other sources. That combined with the environmental impact of manufacturing the batteries...the net real impact to the environment is neutral at best. I would much prefer Honda focus on making the best V6 powered van they can and leave Chrysler to chase the Hybrid market. I sat in a new Chrysler van at our local car show a couple of months ago and wasn't impressed. The Pacifica feels smaller than the Honda, has lower quality leather seats and the stow-n-go seats are undersized for teens and adults. Too many compromises...plus with all the financial struggles FCA is having right now - I would worry they cut corners on quality to get the van to market. I love the new evolved styling, interior functionality and tech options. Sign me up for a Touring Elite ASAP.

This is a refresh of the current Odyssey. I had this feeling when I saw the spy photos and I can clearly see parts of the van exposed and they looked exactly like the current gen. Same frame, new panels. That's why they kept that lightning bolt design on the side. Compare both side by side and you can clearly see. Plus new tech, and finally Apple Car Play.

I like it! Maybe trade up for a used one in a few years.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast