My Dealer Just Called Me with Colors to order my 2018 Ody - Which one should I get??? - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Dealer Just Called Me with Colors to order my 2018 Ody - Which one should I get???

Quote Originally Posted by cndmamato4 View Post
    So what is better-truffle or grey? I absolutely hate that saddle colour that I've seen in some Toyotas. Not for me at all.
    Grey for sure
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - OEM Footwell LED Mod -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post
    Grey for sure

There's also going to be a brown/beige color.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OdyinVA View Post
    There's also going to be a brown/beige color.

NOT in CANADA there's not.

That's the colour we wanted but only available in the US. We thought it was the nicest one - disappointing.

When we went to the Canadian International Auto show the Honda people hinted we wouldn't get this colour.

Not available in Canada 

A lot of us want that colour. Is there any chance that that's the Forest Mist Metallic? Also, can anyone confirm that browny-greyish colour is available in the US? It seems only Canadians on this board have received official colour charts (including myself).

Canada colour chart:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Dealer Just Called Me with Colors to order my 2018 Ody - Which one should I get???-img_5927_1492746135487.jpg

I was just able to reserve one of my dealers's first two Odysseys - a 2018 EX-L and choose my colour (grey/grey). No deposit until they have pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyRo View Post
    Canada colour chart:
    How boring! How thoroughly uninspired!

The only remotely interesting colours (Deep Scarlet Pearl and Forest Mist Metallic) are available only on the Touring, at a sticker of well over 50 grand. Even dark blue doesn't become available until the EX-L RES/EX-L NAVI, which is still likely to be over 40 grand. If you're not interested in maxing out the sticker price, it's black, white, dark grey and silver. The Model T comes to mind - "You can have any colour you want, as long as it's black."

It would cost literally nothing for Honda to offer the Odyssey's whole colour palette on all the trim levels. Then they could at least plausibly present the case that they actually believe that the Odyssey is an interesting, stylish and functional alternative to an SUV as a family vehicle. As it is, it seems that Canada won't even get the interesting colours available in the States, and that's too bad. It wouldn't cost anything to do that either.

This is stylistically a half-step above commercial panel vans, of which 99% are ordered in white. But even so, the base Chevrolet Express cargo van could be ordered in Red Hot (oxymoronic name for a cargo van colour, but nonetheless, it's there) or Wheatland Yellow.
    2015 EX - Shear Comfort seat covers, Husky Liners floor liners, OEM cargo liner, VCMuzzler, Street Guardian dashcam, Lubegard Red

If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less. - Eric Shinseki

Has anyone in the US found a dealer that is ordering or at least up to speed on what's going on?

My dealer has no info as of today..... I believe many dealers either do not have any info yet or do not want to know (share), as they are mainly concerned with current inventory. It still puzzles me that one can get more info from official honda media, but dealer are out of the loop on these developments.

I've walked into two dealerships this spring and been told "you probably know more than we do". It is a very surprising thing to hear from people whose living is selling these things.

Has anyone been able to confirm the trim level that introduces the CabinWatch / CabinTalk features? In the press release it appears to be bunched in a list of features that appear at the EX level, but the grammar is unclear and the EX level statement may only apply to the "Honda Sensing" features.

It seems crazy that they're manufacturing, and allowing ordering of these things with a lot of basic information still unpublished.

Yes, given production is starting it's surprising that the specs haven't been officially relesaed. Its even more shocking that they haven't been leaked.

I would bet the specs and pricing come out this week.....just a total guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by d-bone View Post
    I've walked into two dealerships this spring and been told "you probably know more than we do". It is a very surprising thing to hear from people whose living is selling these things.

Has anyone been able to confirm the trim level that introduces the CabinWatch / CabinTalk features? In the press release it appears to be bunched in a list of features that appear at the EX level, but the grammar is unclear and the EX level statement may only apply to the "Honda Sensing" features.

It seems crazy that they're manufacturing, and allowing ordering of these things with a lot of basic information still unpublished.
    There is a little star next to feature availability under Command Center on Honda's 2018 Odyssey page. If you click it, this pops up.

"Feature Availability

8-inch Display Audio Touch-Screen and CabinControl standard on EX, EX-L, Touring and Elite. CabinTalk standard on EX-L w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System, Touring and Elite. CabinWatch standard on Touring and Elite."

Does this generation have the extra wide RES?
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - OEM Footwell LED Mod -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123