My Dealer Just Called Me with Colors to order my 2018 Ody - Which one should I get???
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Dealer Just Called Me with Colors to order my 2018 Ody - Which one should I get???

My Dealer Just Called Me with Colors to order my 2018 Ody - Which one should I get???

Got the call today!

I was 1st on the list and he said they are placing orders for June. I'm in Canada so we aren't getting all the colours they get in the U.S.

He said Honda is doing it different this time and they get 28 Odysseys and they can specifically order colours. In the past, whatever came in at the start was whatever Honda would give them. No options.

The list is:
    Blue - grey int
    Green - beige int
    White - saddle int
    Black - saddle int
    Grey - grey int
    Silver(light) - grey int
    Red - grey int

Which one should I get and why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I prefer the grey interior so that leaves Red, Silver, Grey, and Blue. From those I'd get the Silver since it looks nice and is easy to take care of. Next option would be Blue but I'd need to prepare for the labor of love it would take to keep it looking nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_milo View Post
    I prefer the grey interior so that leaves Red, Silver, Grey, and Blue. From those I'd get the Silver since it looks nice and is easy to take care of. Next option would be Blue but I'd need to prepare for the labor of love it would take to keep it looking nice.
    Why specifically do you like the grey interior vs. the other colors. And what is a saddle interior color?

I was told the Silver is a light silver.

I wish I had photos of all the different colors.

This is going to be hard...

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Saddle ? As in tan ? Yuck ! I have a tundra with that colour interior and I really don't like it. It looks old fashioned in my opinion.

Id pick the grey with grey interior personally.

OOoh, did you get any info on pricing for trim levels (am also in Canada).

I would pick gray , or maybe that neat green if it's the one I'm thinking of...

Pricing?
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - OEM Footwell LED Mod -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post
    Pricing?
    Nothing on pricing yet.

Im leaning toward the grey on grey. It's not that exciting but maybe the best of the lot?

My wife had her heart set on the brown/gold one they had when they revealed the car in January. It was the most interesting - but we aren't getting that colour in Canada.

We saw saw the red in person at the Toronto International Auto Show - it was ok for red but I don't think I could ever get a red car.

I have to decide by April 20th - he said that's when he places the order.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetPj View Post
    Nothing on pricing yet.

Im leaning toward the grey on grey. It's not that exciting but maybe the best of the lot?

My wife had her heart set on the brown/gold one they had when they revealed the car in January. It was the most interesting - but we aren't getting that colour in Canada.

We saw saw the red in person at the Toronto International Auto Show - it was ok for red but I don't think I could ever get a red car.

I have to decide by April 20th - he said that's when he places the order.
    Grey on grey is good. Don't get the truffle interior, the side steps and leather seats show dirt very easily.

Might want to pass white because Honda's white is notorious for paint failure/peeling.
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post
    Grey on grey is good. Don't get the truffle interior, the side steps and leather seats show dirt very easily.

Might want to pass white because Honda's white is notorious for paint failure/peeling.
    I kinda wish the grey had a black interior for the leather. Isn't black leather the best for hiding stains, dirt etc?

Not sure how the grey will be with that? Or what it will look like?

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetPj View Post
    I kinda wish the grey had a black interior for the leather. Isn't black leather the best for hiding stains, dirt etc?

Not sure how the grey will be with that? Or what it will look like?
    Ok I am messing up the interior color names.

I meant avoid the beige interior in my earlier post. Truffle and the grey interior is good. Black will show tears when the van gets old and also the surface tends to get a shiny/sheen look when they get dirty.

In my experience, grey interior was the best. I live in a place where it is 90 degrees with 100% humidity almost everyday, literally.
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L

I emailed a local dealer here in BC and they said they have just placed an order , and they are "June builds for July arrivals" and that they have excluded the lx model. (I asked about trims, same basically as previous years)

Too bad about the nice brownish colour....did they have any promo material yet with the Canadian colours?

Quote Originally Posted by cndmamato4 View Post
    I emailed a local dealer here in BC and they said they have just placed an order , and they are "June builds for July arrivals" and that they have excluded the lx model. (I asked about trims, same basically as previous years)

Too bad about the nice brownish colour....did they have any promo material yet with the Canadian colours?
    No promo material. They just said need to order by April 20 and coming in June.

I wasn't told anything about July arrivals. I was told coming in June. I would think they would try to keep it in June if they can cause they've been saying "Coming this Spring" all along.

I had an ex-l res pilot ordered and just a called the dealer and told him I'm changing it to a 2018 odyssey. He said he thinks initially all they will get will be tourings which I don't particularly want. I may get it anyways. I asked him for a grey on grey.

You guys are baller, just pick the color and don't care about the trim or the pricing? How does that work?

Unless, you get to pick the trim when they are close of completing the build.

I"m just hoping that lease pricing will be reasonable. I am paying $375 per month for an EX-L. I know the new generation will be more but I really hope the pricing won't be out of wack. Honda's got to realize that the Sienna can be leased for $375-$400 per month and the pacifica is less than $300 per month

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast