How much did you pay? - Page 14
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by csriram45 View Post
    I am in the SF Bay Area too. Can you share the details of the salesman and details. If they will be willing to do a similar deal? Thx
    Same question. Please share.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Read the first sentence of his post a little more carefully.
    2018 Honda Odyssey Elite - Obsidian Blue Pearl/Gray [Production Date 6/13/2017]
    2016 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento
    2013 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite - Smoky Topaz/Truffle
    2008 Acura MDX Tech/PTG - Steel Blue/Taupe [Traded]

Quote Originally Posted by phantom420 View Post
    Had to drive out of town 2.5 hours to Honda Victoria,TX. No one in Austin is giving any discounts.
    Same story here, only in Atlanta. We have around 15 dealers within the (admittedly gigantic) Atlanta metro area, no one is willing to deal on 2018s yet. But some of the big dealers have 20+ 2017s on the lot and only 2 or 3 2018s. One dealer who's been very helpful unfortunately has received a total of 6 2018s so far and as of Friday had 35 2017s still on the lot. So they have no motivation to offer any deals on '18s until those '17s are cleared out.

We ended up driving about 2 hours up to South Carolina and got a fair deal. And we got the added bonus of a "shake down" cruise back home.

-Scott

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hodog16 View Post
    Read the first sentence of his post a little more carefully.
    The key point was his phone number and referral.

Sorry, didn't realize you were willing to go to Oregon too? I'll mind my own business now.

I will say a fellow forum member let me know about a deal from a nearby dealer, and when I called them and referenced that deal, they were very clear in not wanting to discuss other deals and could not match it but were willing to do I think $750 over it or something like that. Of course his deal was for an in stock vehicle and mine was for one to order so that's probably the biggest difference in their motivation to discount.

Bought an EX-L with Nav and RES (Forest Mist) in Elk Grove, CA (SACRAMENTO AREA):
    MSRP: $40,300 + $399 (PRO PACKAGE: Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray, Mud Guards)
    PAID: $39,999 + TAXES/FEES = $43,846
    Planning to buy HondaCare from Saccucci Honda. $1,395 for 8yr/96K/120K miles and $0 deductible.
    Tranny died on 02' Odyssey a couple of days before. I guess the timing was just right. The dealer had the exact color, trim and options I was looking for.

Sorry, didn't realize you were willing to go to Oregon too? I'll mind my own business now.

I will say a fellow forum member let me know about a deal from a nearby dealer, and when I called them and referenced that deal, they were very clear in not wanting to discuss other deals and could not match it but were willing to do I think $750 over it or something like that. Of course his deal was for an in stock vehicle and mine was for one to order so that's probably the biggest difference in their motivation to discount.
    Yup there are always way too many factors on a deal. But hey its worth a try. It either works or we keep looking. I know I plan to get an Odyssey but i am also clear that I am not going to pay MSRP. I know $3k over grand scheme or things over the years isn't big but I am in not real hurry. If its MSRP, I can do that at any time :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy629 View Post
    Yes, the deposit is always refundable. It is a law in NYS.

What if the deposit is called a "vehicle acquisition fee" or a "vehicle locating fee"? It's basically when a dealer does not have the car in stock and have to track it down to the factory and request one to be trucked over.

A dealer told me it is federal law that deposits for vehicles are non refundable and if a dealer is telling you otherwise to stay away.

Also I would never deposit more than $500-1000 and always use a credit card so you can dispute it if the dealer is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit400 View Post
    Put a deposit on an EXL-res/nav for msrp minus $2000 (38,300) plus ttl.
    Hi,
    I live in MN and looking to buy EX-L with Nav and RES. So far the lowest offer that I got is only $39,250. Please give the dealer name that offered $2000 discount.
    Thanks in advance.

A dealer told me it is federal law that deposits for vehicles are non refundable and if a dealer is telling you otherwise to stay away.
    Sorry I meant refundable!

I was contacted by a dealer in east central Wisconsin with the following offer EXL RES/Nav (1500 off MSRP with some dealer add ons, which you could likely get some of removed). She was very nice. I told her I wasnt quite ready to buy but that I'd pass on the info she provided. I figure if I can get some "good guy points" for sending some business her way maybe she'll be nice to me when im ready to pull the trigger. If you are interested let me know all I ask is that I can pass her the info to contact you so I can lock in those good guy points. I can have her contact you via email or phone or whatever.

She said she had 2 EXL res/navi and I touring to chose from

White/grey interior
    Black/ mocha interior
    And I don't remember on the touring but can find out if interested.

I've attached a snapshot of the offer. Take a look
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much did you pay?-img_5857_1498013719581.png  

In NJ, just picked up 2018 EX-L Obsidian Blue - no Extras I am not even going to try to make the numbers work, but my sales tax rate is 6.85% and traded in 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid with 55000 miles (which I know they beat me on but every dealer the trade in price kept going lower, but at the end of it $34101 OTD including 8yr/120 HC + Tire/Rim & Ding & Dent protection.

I did not expect them to except my offer, but I used 36000 as base(900 over invoice), less trade and added tax + doc + DMV and gave them a price of 32000. They came back with 4 different offers and we settled on 32100 complete and then added HC & Tire package with finance (1295 + 495 +tax)

In considering going up a trim level to get color we want sooner than waiting for EXL-N/R, we now have an offer for a Touring for $43,235 OTD. Take it or shop around?? Our price for the EXL-N/R would be $39,849 OTD.
    Is the Touring really worth the difference?
    We were kind of hoping for slightly less difference in prices because we still need to add roof rails at some point. We're fairly inexperienced new car buyers because we have always bought used, so maybe that was an unreasonable hope. We just want to make sure we don't spend more than we have to!

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast