Honda Odyssey Forum banner

How much did you pay for the 2018 Odyssey?

1M views 2K replies 904 participants last post by  dtownz_thrillah 
#1 ·
Please list all the details you can about your deal on the '18 Ody. Trim, accessories, OTD price etc.

TIA for helping the Ody group!

#2,332 ·
I have always felt the very same way and I actually do 90% or more of my own maintenance including wheels, tires and balancing (have my own machines!) sandblast cabinet etc just strip/re-painted a set of wheels due to corrosion... Anyways, I buy my vehicles roughly 5 years old then typically drive them about 10 years. The only thing stopping me from driving them 20 years or "until the wheels fall off" is mostly due to EMMISSIONS!!! Check engine lights and codes (CEL's & DTC's) are the only thing stopping me from that plan. Once a vehicle of mine is only worth say $2k and it will no longer pass inspection due to needing oxygen sensors, catalytic converter, and the intake pulled and professionally cleaned EVERY YEAR otherwise it fails inspection. It can run and drive like a dream but, I have to then say goodbye. Keep in mind that at a certain point, it becomes a "money pit" and the hard part is deciding when that point is. Best of luck!!!

#6 ·
How much did you pay?

Simple thread, copy and paste the below and add your info:

Trim Level:
Price Paid (Before taxes):
Price Paid (Out the door):
Exterior Color:
Interior Color:
Add-on's (if any):

I'm sure a lot of people would like to read this info, and it'll help in them making their purchase decisions / negotiations.

Regards,
~V

#7 ·
Trim Level: '18 Elite
Price Paid (Before taxes): 45325 + 940 (destination) + 400 (dealer fees) = 46,665
Price Paid (Out the door): 46,665 + 2600 (taxes) = 49265
Exterior Color: blue
Interior Color: grey
Add-on's (if any): free car washes for life of vehicle at dealership, $150 gift card to dealership

#10 ·
I don't see a category for folks that had a trade-in? Specifically, what they traded in (year, make & model), how many miles and over-all condition.

Car Buying 101: A good purchase price may equate to taking-a-bath on your trade. Do your homework and know what your trade-in is really worth, not what you "hope" to get for it or "think" it's worth. KBB is a poor source of used car values. I know most of the car dealers here in my home town and they all use Black Book or NADA to compute used car values. It's the same for the banks I use, as well as my credit unit. The only time I've ever seen a local dealer use KBB is when the Retail Value shown in the KBB is higher than than the NADA and they post said information in the window of the used car. Many unsuspecting buyers will start negotiating back from a KBB value that may be hundreds, if not thousands of dollars higher than the industry standard Black Book and NADA.

My 2011 Odyssey EX-L with 55,000 mile will be going "in & out" to my wife's sister and her husband at a predetermined price of $19,000.00. I'm getting Full NADA Retail for my 2011, saving tax on the $19K trade amount ($1,225.50), he's getting a car at about what he'd have to pay at the Dealership and he'll have the peace- of- mind knowing the car's history (since I bought it new). Most dealers will try to charge $500.00 or more for an "in & out" deal, aka Courtesy Trade. If they try that tactic, I simply tell them that other than the required TT&L and a "fair" DOC fee ($150.00 or amount set by the local dealers association), my buyer is not going to pay the $500.00 fee. If they don't agree, I go somewhere else. Also, don't ask about and/or balk at their "in & out" fee until you've negotiated the lowest price on your new ride. Otherwise, they may build the $500.00 into the sales price.

Lastly, don't let the dealer sell you a $3,000.00 Honda Care warranty that can be bought on the Internet (Sacucci Honda) for about $1,400.00.

Most of us looking at the new Odyssey probably aren't in a bind, as far as needing to make an immediate vehicle purchase. Don't let your "wants" force you in to a sub-par deal.

My 2018 EX-L NAV/RES is due to arrive tomorrow. Once the paperwork is done, I'll post some numbers.

#11 ·
I have a dumb question. It's been probably 20 years since I traded a vehicle. I'm going to trade my '06 Odyssey this time though. Black book says anything from $2600-$4200. Fair enough, I'd be happy with $3K in its current condition. My question is, that amount should be deducted from the price of the new Odyssey, correct? So if I'm looking for a Touring, and the MSRP price is $44K, the price I'm paying should be $41K, before any taxes/fees? I personally can't stand car buying and absolutely loathe the negotiation process.

#12 ·
Yes a trade-in counts like a down payment and reduces the amount that you have to pay/finance. In most states it also will lower your taxes on the vehicle, so in your example instead of paying tax on 44k, you would pay tax on 41k.

If you have a Carmax in your area, I'd also get them to do an appraisal. It usually lasts for 7-10 days but in two instances for me, they have come thousands above what the dealers will offer. Dealers will often give you more as well if they see Carmax is higher.

#18 ·
I put down a deposit for an elite that is still in transit at round Rock Honda here in Austin yesterday. Agreed to price was MSRP with no add-ons of any kind. I had talked to other dealerships in the area and everyone was firm on msrp for all trims. Will post detail once I actually take delivery.

#20 · (Edited)
2018 Touring Elite Blue, Grey Interior...... $49,506.62 with all fees and dealer extras+ $2,995 Honda Care extended warranty 8 years or 120k miles+ $695 Gap Insurance... Total $53,196.62 less.....
$500 military discount
$3,500 down... Total $49,196.16 at 1.99 x 72 months Honda Finance.

As I have a daughter with mobility issues and will install special equipment for her, I got Sales Tax Exemption here in Texas, no sales tax if installing permanent special equipment for the impaired.

#24 ·
Trim Level: 2018 EX-L w/Nav & RES
Price Paid (Before taxes): $40,300 (MSRP) *The dealership had a $2,500 overage listed on the vehicle, but I wasn't having that.
Price Paid (Out the door): $40,300 - $8k trade in = $32,000 + tax and fees
Exterior Color: Obsidian Blue Pearl
Interior Color: Grey leather

Add-on's (if any): Got free mudguards because they were already bolted on. (The dealership had put a bunch of add ons on it, but had them remove everything that wasn't bolted on)

#32 ·
Trim Level: Elite
Price Paid (Before taxes): $46,138.00
Price Paid (Out the door): $48,247.61
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Beige
Add-on's (if any): None!

I purchased in NC on Memorial Day (yesterday). The vehicle was the first and only 2018 that the dealership had received and was on their lot less than 24 hours. Loving it so far!

#37 ·
Thanks for the info, going to the dealer tomorrow to cancel the warranty, did all this paperwork last Friday and called Honda care today and they don't have nothing yet on system, can I buy Honda Care from Saccucci while I still have the original Honda Care, or should I wait until I cancel the first one? Only have 160 miles on the van.. thanks again..

#39 ·
Be sure the Honda Care you purchased from the Dealer is cancelled FIRST. You have something like 6 months or 6,000 miles to purchase the Honda Care warranty, so don't muddy the waters.

Also, I just compared Saccucci's price to Hyannis Honda's prices and Hyannis is typically $100.00 less. I've purchase multiple warranties from Saccucci in the past but it looks like I'll be going with the other guy this time.

#38 ·
Just purchased Elite white mocha for 1000 below msrp. They also threw in Warranty Forever. I have been working with 3 dealerships the past 2 weeks. Ranging from 3k to 500 off of msrp. The 3k was gor a blue grey elite. Settled with the 1k off and they are paying for rental car since i have to drive a few hours to get thete.

#40 ·
If I'm understanding you correctly:

The dealer will discount a Blue Elite with Gray interior $3,000.00 BUT will only discount a White Elite with Mocha interior $1,000.00 and to show you how much he wants your business, he's willing to throw-in a $60.00 car rental to get you to his dealership?

He's preying upon the fact that you're dead-set on the White/Mocha color combination and are willing to pay a $2,000.00 premium to get it.

I think you could've bought the White one for the same price as the Blue one. Think what you could do with an extra $2,000.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.