How much did you pay?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay?

Question How much did you pay?

Simple thread, copy and paste the below and add your info:

Trim Level:
    Price Paid (Before taxes):
    Price Paid (Out the door):
    Exterior Color:
    Interior Color:
    Add-on's (if any):

I'm sure a lot of people would like to read this info, and it'll help in them making their purchase decisions / negotiations.

Regards,
    ~V

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Trim Level: '18 Elite
    Price Paid (Before taxes): 45325 + 940 (destination) + 400 (dealer fees) = 46,665
    Price Paid (Out the door): 46,665 + 2600 (taxes) = 49265
    Exterior Color: blue
    Interior Color: grey
    Add-on's (if any): free car washes for life of vehicle at dealership, $150 gift card to dealership

Quote Originally Posted by joshua7e View Post
    Trim Level: '18 Elite
    Price Paid (Before taxes): 45325 + 940 (destination) + 400 (dealer fees) = 46,665
    Price Paid (Out the door): 46,665 + 2600 (taxes) = 49265
    Exterior Color: blue
    Interior Color: grey
    Add-on's (if any): free car washes for life of vehicle at dealership, $150 gift card to dealership
    Excellent! I'm looking for an Elite, my local dealer said MSRP + $2500 (in Houston). A family before me was about to buy it when they heard about the $2500, they got pissed and left.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

To the OP, could you add Financing (rate/term and where from) as well to your list? Perhaps people are finding good deals out there, ie credit unions, etc that we could all benefit from as well.

I don't see a category for folks that had a trade-in? Specifically, what they traded in (year, make & model), how many miles and over-all condition.

Car Buying 101: A good purchase price may equate to taking-a-bath on your trade. Do your homework and know what your trade-in is really worth, not what you "hope" to get for it or "think" it's worth. KBB is a poor source of used car values. I know most of the car dealers here in my home town and they all use Black Book or NADA to compute used car values. It's the same for the banks I use, as well as my credit unit. The only time I've ever seen a local dealer use KBB is when the Retail Value shown in the KBB is higher than than the NADA and they post said information in the window of the used car. Many unsuspecting buyers will start negotiating back from a KBB value that may be hundreds, if not thousands of dollars higher than the industry standard Black Book and NADA.

My 2011 Odyssey EX-L with 55,000 mile will be going "in & out" to my wife's sister and her husband at a predetermined price of $19,000.00. I'm getting Full NADA Retail for my 2011, saving tax on the $19K trade amount ($1,225.50), he's getting a car at about what he'd have to pay at the Dealership and he'll have the peace- of- mind knowing the car's history (since I bought it new). Most dealers will try to charge $500.00 or more for an "in & out" deal, aka Courtesy Trade. If they try that tactic, I simply tell them that other than the required TT&L and a "fair" DOC fee ($150.00 or amount set by the local dealers association), my buyer is not going to pay the $500.00 fee. If they don't agree, I go somewhere else. Also, don't ask about and/or balk at their "in & out" fee until you've negotiated the lowest price on your new ride. Otherwise, they may build the $500.00 into the sales price.

Lastly, don't let the dealer sell you a $3,000.00 Honda Care warranty that can be bought on the Internet (Sacucci Honda) for about $1,400.00.

Most of us looking at the new Odyssey probably aren't in a bind, as far as needing to make an immediate vehicle purchase. Don't let your "wants" force you in to a sub-par deal.

My 2018 EX-L NAV/RES is due to arrive tomorrow. Once the paperwork is done, I'll post some numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger View Post
    I don't see a category for folks that had a trade-in? Specifically, what they traded in (year, make & model), how many miles and over-all condition.

Car Buying 101: A good purchase price may equate to taking-a-bath on your trade. Do your homework and know what your trade-in is really worth, not what you "hope" to get for it or "think" it's worth. KBB is a poor source of used car values. I know most of the car dealers here in my home town and they all use Black Book or NADA to compute used car values. It's the same for the banks I use, as well as my credit unit. The only time I've ever seen a local dealer use KBB is when the Retail Value shown in the KBB is higher than than the NADA and they post said information in the window of the used car. Many unsuspecting buyers will start negotiating back from a KBB value that may be hundreds, if not thousands of dollars higher than the industry standard Black Book and NADA.

My 2011 Odyssey EX-L with 55,000 mile will be going "in & out" to my wife's sister and her husband at a predetermined price of $19,000.00. I'm getting Full NADA Retail for my 2011, saving tax on the $19K trade amount ($1,225.50), he's getting a car at about what he'd have to pay at the Dealership and he'll have the peace- of- mind knowing the car's history (since I bought it new). Most dealers will try to charge $500.00 or more for an "in & out" deal, aka Courtesy Trade. If they try that tactic, I simply tell them that other than the required TT&L and a "fair" DOC fee ($150.00 or amount set by the local dealers association), my buyer is not going to pay the $500.00 fee. If they don't agree, I go somewhere else. Also, don't ask about and/or balk at their "in & out" fee until you've negotiated the lowest price on your new ride. Otherwise, they may build the $500.00 into the sales price.

Lastly, don't let the dealer sell you a $3,000.00 Honda Care warranty that can be bought on the Internet (Sacucci Honda) for about $1,400.00.

Most of us looking at the new Odyssey probably aren't in a bind, as far as needing to make an immediate vehicle purchase. Don't let your "wants" force you in to a sub-par deal.

My 2018 EX-L NAV/RES is due to arrive tomorrow. Once the paperwork is done, I'll post some numbers.
    I have a dumb question. It's been probably 20 years since I traded a vehicle. I'm going to trade my '06 Odyssey this time though. Black book says anything from $2600-$4200. Fair enough, I'd be happy with $3K in its current condition. My question is, that amount should be deducted from the price of the new Odyssey, correct? So if I'm looking for a Touring, and the MSRP price is $44K, the price I'm paying should be $41K, before any taxes/fees? I personally can't stand car buying and absolutely loathe the negotiation process.

Yes a trade-in counts like a down payment and reduces the amount that you have to pay/finance. In most states it also will lower your taxes on the vehicle, so in your example instead of paying tax on 44k, you would pay tax on 41k.

If you have a Carmax in your area, I'd also get them to do an appraisal. It usually lasts for 7-10 days but in two instances for me, they have come thousands above what the dealers will offer. Dealers will often give you more as well if they see Carmax is higher.
    2018 Honda Odyssey Elite - Obsidian Blue Pearl/Gray [Production Date 6/13/2017]
    2016 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento
    2013 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite - Smoky Topaz/Truffle
    2008 Acura MDX Tech/PTG - Steel Blue/Taupe [Traded]

Quote Originally Posted by viren55 View Post
    Simple thread, copy and paste the below and add your info:

Trim Level:
    Price Paid (Before taxes):
    Price Paid (Out the door):
    Exterior Color:
    Interior Color:
    Add-on's (if any):
    ~V
    Add MSRP to the list of information requested.

And I'd you had a trade in

Do you mind adding in location as well? Would be helpful. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viren55 View Post
    Excellent! I'm looking for an Elite, my local dealer said MSRP + $2500 (in Houston). A family before me was about to buy it when they heard about the $2500, they got pissed and left.
    Which dealer? Gillman Houston told me $3k over MSRP

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

MSRP and selling price before taxes are crucial points of information.

I put down a deposit for an elite that is still in transit at round Rock Honda here in Austin yesterday. Agreed to price was MSRP with no add-ons of any kind. I had talked to other dealerships in the area and everyone was firm on msrp for all trims. Will post detail once I actually take delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlawzy View Post
    I put down a deposit for an elite that is still in transit at round Rock Honda here in Austin yesterday. Agreed to price was MSRP with no add-ons of any kind. I had talked to other dealerships in the area and everyone was firm on msrp for all trims. Will post detail once I actually take delivery.

I bought my 2011 at Round Rock Honda. It was a quick, painless experience.

2018 Touring Elite Blue, Grey Interior...... $49,506.62 with all fees and dealer extras+ $2,995 Honda Care extended warranty 8 years or 120k miles+ $695 Gap Insurance... Total $53,196.62 less.....
    $500 military discount
    $3,500 down... Total $49,196.16 at 1.99 x 72 months Honda Finance.

As I have a daughter with mobility issues and will install special equipment for her, I got Sales Tax Exemption here in Texas, no sales tax if installing permanent special equipment for the impaired.
    Last edited by Ironclad25; 05-29-2017 at 05:58 PM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast