How to Repair Hole in Plastic Bumper?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Repair Hole in Plastic Bumper?

How to Repair Hole in Plastic Bumper?

I hit a low obstruction and the lower screw at the front of the wheel well ripped out of the bumper plastic and the wheel well plastic. Is their any repair method that will allow me to rejoin the edges of the hole in the bumper cover? Epoxy? Heat? Fiberglass? JB Weld? The repair will not show, therefore appearance is not a consideration.
    2002 EX-TW ; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's w/ Blaupunkt Casablanca head unit; Hella Supertone Horns; Hitch w/ Transmission & Power Steering Coolers; 2001 Five-spoke Alloy Wheels, California Flames, K&N Air Filter; FilterMag magnetic oil filter; Galaxy DX-959 mobile CB w/ Wilson 1,000 mag mount antenna;Valentine One; Schrader Nickle Plated Brass Valve Stem Caps; Odyssey 1200MJT mil-spec battery.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Heat will probably do it, but will be difficult to do without burning.

JB-weld might work, but won't flex like plastic/rubber, so probably won't work long. Epoxy is probably the same.

A couple months ago I got some plastic epoxy. Super nasty smell, but it sets in about 20 minutes into a plastic material, and adheres to the original plastic super well. It doesn't flex much or at all, but it is designed specifically for plastic. I think its called plasti-weld. I'm not sure who makes it. Comes in one of those double-syringe doodads.
    2013 Smoky Topaz Odyssey Touring
    2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T to replace the Integra
    2002 MB EXL-RES(sold at 137k miles)
    1994 Acura Integra GSR(sold in 2009 with 195k, stolen from new owner after only 7 months!)

I saw a 03 with two small holes in the bumper at the dealership and within a few hours they were repaired. If I had not know where the holes were, I am not sure I could have found them. I do not know the cost, but you might want to check with your dealer.
    2003 Blackody EXLe

2003 Ford Focus. (Never buy a Ford again)

2010 Honda Civic LX

2002 Honda Accord LX with only 25,000 miles

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements