HomeLink Programming for Rolling Code Garage Door Opener - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

View Poll Results: Are you able to program HomeLink using these instructions?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

69 81.18%
  • No

16 18.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HomeLink Programming for Rolling Code Garage Door Opener

We have a 2 or 3 year old Genie rolling code opener. It programmed per the manual with no problem.
    <<06 Odyssey EX-L in Ocean Mist/Splash Guards/3 Kids>>
    <<04 RX-8 in Lightning Yellow/6MT/Custom Leather/Clear Corners/Strakes>>

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Lightbulb

Thank you virendrap!!!

I couldn't figure out why my Genie Promax receiver wan't recognizing signals from the HomeLink signals of my 2004 Ody. But after training HomeLink using my hand held transmitter (as indicated in steps 3 & 4), the issue was resolved. I could then use the "learn" button as indicated in the owner's manual.

(I'll bet there are a lot of people Googling the topic that have been using your post. That's how I found it.)

Home Link

Your fix on the home link was just what I needed. I have a 2007 Odessey Touring and was unable to program the home link buttons. The dealer was also mystified. My garage door motor is a lift master. Thanks for the information.

my killer dog lives in the washroom next to the garage. if any joker shows up at my house, hopefully my wife will be feeding my dog steak for being a good boy and protecting us
    My Van is an Autobot!

Why deprogram your garage door opener in the car. If you are worried about someone from the shop getting into your garage just do this.

Pull the cord on the garage door opener in your garage and disconnect the door; then, you can lock the door until you get home. Unlock the door and reconnect the door opener.

Finally got around to completing this for the garage door opener today. Instructions above worked, specifically about trying the garage door receiver learn part a few times.

Thanks.

Thanks guys. I had given up on programing mine. Followed the instructions, Worked first time out. Has a much longer range than the remote. I feel LIKE THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Thanks for posting these instructions. I tried numerous times to get the thing to work, following what I *thought* were the entire directions step by step. The confusion (for me at least) was in thinking that because of the different rolling code instructions, that I didn't have to do the remote transmitter steps. The times were different as well.

In any case, these instructions worked like a charm the first time I tried them.
    Karen

Current Vehicles
    05 EX Slate Green/Gray cloth 125K miles as of 7/10
    96 Toyota Camry 113K miles as of 7/10

Past Vehicles (Most recent first)
    97 Chevy Suburban (The Beast)
    92 Prelude Si
    93 Del Sol
    Ford Tempo
    Mercury Lynx XR4 (I think??? POS nonetheless)
    80 Buick Century

I know this is an old old thread, but I finally got mine to work with these instructions! Yay!!

I tried to get it to work with the instructions in the owners manual forever but couldn't figure it out. I used these instructions and it worked the first time!!

Thanks for posting these up!

nic
    i had the same problem on my 09 ex after many tries gave up & called the 800# & got walked thru each step.

bingo, works now!!!!!!!!!!

To: BreakStuff

Wayne Dalton 3213 doesn't work with Homelink. Needs a conversion kit.

Thumbs up Thanks!

Just worked on my 2004 EXL. Tried the owners manual multiple times. Genie garage door opener.

Rolling code

Thanks for sharing your experience and information. I tried following the directions in the owner's manual and it did not work on my Sears rolling code garage door opener. I used your instructions and it worked the first time.

Worked great on my 2003 EXL with my 1998 Craftsman 1/2 HP garage door opener. Great write up too. Thanks.

I have created a single page tiny margin PDF for those like me, that want to print it and take to their van and store it with other printed car docs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~Shawn
    2003 Odyssey EX-L with DVD (bought Jan 2011)
    2001 Grand Am SE 4dr V6 (bought June 2005)

for what it's worth, I had Homelink send me instructions and take a look at what they added to step #6:

6. Press and release the "Program" or "Learn" button once, like a door bell (1 second)(Do not hold this button down. Holding this button down for too long will erase all Remotes, Keypad and other HomeLink equipped vehicles). There is 30 seconds in which to initiate step 7.

Sorry if this has already been posted. I just found it in an email and decieded to post but didn't bother reading the entire thread.

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements