Front suspension noise......... - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front suspension noise.........

had the same issue, clunking at low speeds coming into driveway (slight 'lip'). I replaced front struts and rear shocks last week, problem went away. I would probably conclude struts and/or bearings as the culprit.
    2003 EX/L factory Navi & aftmkt 10in DVD player, 3 wireless headsets. Speaker upgrades (Polk 6.5in & custom amp install (PhoenixGold), 6x9 Polks in rear hatch, remote starter, AirLift 1000s, DrawTite aftmkt hitch

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

thanks for the reply. I have been thinking either the struts or maybe the ball joints

Thanks again for the info

ken

I just took mine in to a service station that I trust. They could not find anything, but the rattling drives me crazy. As mentioned in my earlier post I've replaced the struts and strut tops, the sway bar endlinks, and a droning wheel bearing. The rattle is not effected by depressing the brakes so I've eliminated caliper guide pins as a cause (I think).

Not sure what my next move is.

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    Since the caliper pins are a cheap fix - try that. I have this rattle developing too and will replace them soon.
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

Z32
    I have had this noise since new in 2001 (MY02). Complaint w/ Honda and they replaced shocks..springs...bushings...weld some crap and still didnt' fix nothing. That was like 3 times....then when I tried to do the 4th attempt, I was told (by several Honda dealership / service) that it's not an issue and hence refused to fix. I am guess when they pull up my VIN from the computer, there must be a note (that cannot show to customers?) from Honda HQ about the issue and demanded NOT TO FIX ANY MORE? The Way Honda is treating their customers last couple years IMO has gone downhill.

Front end rattle solved !!

Ody 2004 / 116,000 miles
    Front end rattle solved !! I replaced the lower caliper pin (left side only) (the one with the rubber bushing) and greased the upper caliper pin as well as the upper and lower on the right side. Noise is substantially gone. When I change to winter tires in the fall I will replace the right lower caliper pin as well. Grease alone will quiet them substantially but the rubber bushing was a little worn.

2007 exl with 75,000 km with a knocking noise in the front over larger bumps.
    Everything in the suspension looked fine so I tightened the 3 bolts on the front top strut mounts and voila! problem solved.
    The nuts only did about half a turn but somehow it stopped the noise.

I expect that if you replace your struts you will get the same results as the bolts will be tightened after install.

Just bought a new 2013, has 300 miles, have the popping noise over sharp and sudden bumps. Supposedly they are going to replace strut assembly. Will find out if it fixes it tomorrow. I'm going to ask to see the old strut, just to see if they were lying about replacing it.

Mine had a clunk over small bumps at slow speed. Turned out to be loose caliper pins (search "caliper pins", common problem
    with this bad design). You could actually make the noise by shaking the caliper with your hand (make sure it's cool).
    2000 Ody
    Origional trans 143K
    Trans cooler, ATF changed every 25k.

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements