Blower motor removal
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blower motor removal

Angry Blower motor removal

HELP!!!
    There is a whining noise that comes from my blower motor under the glove box.
    I want to pull the blower out to look for any debris, but the screws in the back for the little cover, and the blower are stuck.
    Any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

dbx
    I did this a couple of weeks ago... Ordered a blower from ebay to replace mine because was making a ticking noise.

There are 3 screws. one of them is a bit hard to get to but I did it by laying on my back on the passenger side floor. I just used a phillips head but I think you can use a 10mm socket too if it's on tight...

You don't need to take out the small round cover - you can do that once the blower is out.

The wiring clip wasn't sliding out easily so I used a pair of small pliers to gently pull the clip out. Make sure you don't force it too much or it'll break... You can tell how the clip is installed by looking at the new clip on your new blower motor.

Should take all of 15 minutes to do... No need to remove the glovebox either.

Thanks! I will give that a try and post my results.

Originally posted by dbx
    I did this a couple of weeks ago... Ordered a blower from ebay to replace mine because was making a ticking noise.
    many times this is a leaf caught in the blower cage...did you find anything wrong with the blower you removed? I assume it solved the problem? Interesting.
    '06 EX-L Red - Mods - Magnum drilled rotors & ceramic pads, stainless lines, Monroe shocks, auto lights, 18" MDX Sport rims/Kuhmo tires. Honda hitch. mud guards. Weather Tech mats. Rad. Screen mod. & trans cooler.
    Issues - R.shocks, 3 eng mounts, blower thermal cut-out, alternator bearing, DVD sound cable, AC clutch bearing, door rattle, what next?
    '12 Kia Optima SX - Turbo GDI 2.0, 274 hp 6 speed
    '07 Saturn Sky Redline project car 1 year and counting on blocks...

I haven't tried removing the blower again.
    dbx offered some advice on how to get the blower removed, because I couldn't get the backside screw loosened.
    I will let you all know how it turns out.

Talking

I got the blower removed using an 8mm socket and found a small leaf inside it. Removed the leaf and everything is fine again.

Thank you all for your help.

yup,, had the same problem. blower was making a droning noise at higher speeds from a leaf that was caught in the squirrel cage. three screws out,, back one was a challenge but with the assistance of a universal joint and a 5/16 or 8 mil socket it came out.
    also blew compressed air thu the entire area to remove any other debris and clean the filter as well. just a note on this,, while you have the fan and squirrel cage out, why not clean that too.. cage is easily removed from the motor shaft and the fan motor from the housing.. mine had plenty of black dust (probably from carbon brushes). all blown out with compressed air.. happy to say all reinstalled and working silently again. whole process completed in less than two hrs.
    to all,, thanks for the info.
    pete
    Pete

Canadian working south of the border(to many K miles)
    2004 oddy exl 128K miles TB,Wp cw
    2007 accord exl-nav 4 cly std 68K miles

I must be missing something. I've got the front two screws removed and a "rear" screw. All 8mm hex. but I can not get the blower to come out. It still seems to be connected at the rear. For the life of me, I can't see another screw. 2004 Odyssey.

Found it. Wow! Was that a pain.

Hi Smedley! I'm having the same experience. It still seems to be connected at the rear. You say "Found it." what was "it" please share with the forum.
    A+

12. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements