Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2014 ody touring transmission leak

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  davedrivesody 
#1 ·
Hello,
Picked up our 2014 odyssey touring (touring elite in USA). I got it with the towing package so that included the transmission cooler.
When the wife took the car out, I took the dog for a walk. Then I noticed a bunch of oil drips all over my driveway. We didn't rust proof the car yet so I got a little concerned. When the wife came back, I took a look under the van, the piece of plastic that is below the tranny appears to be wet...it's either really clean or wet. The car only has 230kms on it...that's like 150 miles. We only had it for 2 days.
Has anybody noticed this behavior after the transmission cooler got installed?
The fluid does not appear to be coming from the cooler or the lines that connect to the cooler, I could see they are bone dry. It's coming directly from the transmission but there is so much stuff on top if that it's impossible to see whether it's a loose bolt or the transmission case itself.
I checked the fluid level, it looks fine, but it's really hard to tell, the fluid is so clear. The dipstick is certainly wet and it's past the hot level.
also, do I have to have the car running to check the fluid? the dipstick is right next to the egr and it burns my hand when I try to yank it out with the car running.
Should I be concerned?
I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning to have them look at it. The van is going on a 4000 mile road trip to florida next week.

See less See more
#2 ·
came back from the dealer, it turns it out i have a defective transmission fluid temperature sensor. of all the cars on the lot, I ended up with a slight lemon, go figure. The dealer is ordering a new sensor and will install next week. It doesn't cause any other issues aside from the leak.

#3 ·
Huh! It's disappointing to have a bug in a brand new van, but at least it's a minor one.

Hope it gets fixed up before your trip.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.