Power Door Locks Automatically Lock - 03 LX
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power Door Locks Automatically Lock - 03 LX

Angry Power Door Locks Automatically Lock - 03 LX

I have just discovered an annoying and potentailly dangerous issue with the power door locks on my 03 LX. Approximately 5-10 seconds after I start the engine the doors automatically lock while still in PARK

Has anyone else heard of this problem happening ... I can just imagine someone getting locked out with this issue!!

Cheers!
    2003 Odyssey LX - Slate Grey Pearl (roof rack, Clarion after market stereo & alarm, bug deflector etc.)

2000 Accord SE - Satin Silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I can tell you just bought this used, because this isn't a Honda feature. It's aftermarket.

If you don't like this, you need to find the aftermarket module and change it. Your best bet is an auto electronics place that sells these things.

Actually no we bought it new last year ... but we did have an after market alarm put on.

It's just something that we haven't really noticed before (my wife is the primary driver) until we had an incident last week where my 3 yr old was accidentally locked in the van while the engine was running and I was scrapping off the windshield

Luckily she takes direction well and I was able to talk her out of the van!!!
    2003 Odyssey LX - Slate Grey Pearl (roof rack, Clarion after market stereo & alarm, bug deflector etc.)

UPDATE:

Following adam1991's suggestion I just called the alarm dealer (Clarion) and sure enough they think it is the alarm and that it a programming feature on the system ... I'm scheduled to have this looked at in the new year .... very strange

Yes I was thinking it may be a "feature" of your aftermarket alarm that may not have been activated at the time of install but somehow has come on.

auto door lock

That's exactly the feature I'm looking for! Is there any way to program an 05 EX-L to lock the doors when the trany is put into drive? My wife would love you guys if you came up with an answer.

UPDATE: 'Problem' was fixed in about 5mins at the place where we bought the alarm ... it was a programming error!

Cheers

My 2000 Accord does this and it's a factory alarm. I believe I set it up that way with some sequence combination involving the key in the ignition and the fob. Can't recall totally as it was a number of years ago.

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements