Honda Odyssey Forum banner

One TPMS Sensor not working

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  allrody 
#1 ·
I recently "de-paxed" our 2006 Touring model. We specifically got the Touring TPMS Sensors. Three of the tires show the tire pressure. However the front left tire does not show a pressure. After driving for about 5 minutes the "Check TPMS Sensor" light comes on and the pressure indication on all the tires goes blank. I took the van to the shop where we had the tires changed. They hooked up to their analyzer which showed the computer had found and registered all the new sensors and showed the pressure for all four tires.
Could this be a problem with the new TPS Sensor? Or could it be a problem with the receiver in the front left wheel? Or another issue?
Thanks to anyone who may have seen this before.

#2 ·
had the same thing exactly with my 09 touring . I switched over to the winter tires ( mounted on their own rims and separate set of sensors which are the touring-specific ones ) and the front left sensor shows -- while the other three show a number . a few blocks later CHECK TPMS SYSTEM light comes on . called the dealer and made an appt but already skeptical as tech is telling me that all sensors need to be calibrated . Not true . 3rd generation touring sensors are self calibrating . If not why did they work fine in years 09-13 with no calibration except to drive about 100 feet . will phone today and ask about the battery life and whether this can be changed or the sensor needs to be replaced ( don't know if the battery is replaceable )

#3 ·
update : I replaced the sensor that initially showed the -- instead of the number and CHECK TPMS SYSTEM was still on . I drove about 1 mile and shut the car off ( at Auto Zone to use the OBD scanner ) just on a whim I turned it back on and all was good . The system reset itself and all four tires read fine . hooray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.