2001 EGR Valve
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2001 EGR Valve

2001 EGR Valve

I think my egr valve is plugged up so I took my vacuum pump out to test it and found wires instead of tubes.

Does anyone know a procedure to test the electric egr valve on the 2001 odyssey?

Jim Cicon

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

There are already a lot of discussions on the EGR valve

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/search...der=descending

A cleaning maybe all you need to do. Does the van have a engine check light code? You will likely benefit from a Honda Service Manual to figure out your problem.

BrianB

Doing a vacuum check on an EGR valve is conclusive (i.e., something bad in the EGR circuit such as clogged tubes, bad valve, no actuation, ...)

But since I apparently have the first model Odyssey with an eletrcially acutated valve, my old vacuum pump can not test it. So my question is if anyone out there knows a similar test technique for an electrically actuated valve. For example, what are the pin outs on the EGR electrical connector, and what voltages need to be applied in order to move the valve to 50% open?

You know, nothing about the Odyssey is rocket science, it is overwhelming only in size not in detail. I don't think that there is any part of it that can't be repaired by a do-it-your-selfer who has the right tools and the inclination ... the best part is that I have one of my own to play with and no one can prevent me from learning. If I muck it up the only one who can blame me is my wife ;-)

cicon, the EGR valve is a known issue in your model year van. Thus the suggestion that you use this website's search button. There is a TSB, an extended warranty and if that isn't enough, the procedure the dealer would follow, all here on this very site! The seach button is on the right, in black.

The reason we are suggesting a search is because none of us could remember, or want to type, as much information as there is on this issue.

6. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements