D light on trans gear indicator not working
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: D light on trans gear indicator not working

D light on trans gear indicator not working

The D indicator light has gone out on our 02 with 50,000KMs all other indicator lights are working and the transmission appears to work fine is this a problem that should be checked or should we just wait till the next service?
    We are presently on vacation in a remote area of northern Ontario and the nearest dealer is 150 miles away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

If you have no other symptoms, I would not worry about it. Most post having to do with D lights concern them flashing. I bet it's just a burnt out lamp or a loose connection. Enjoy your time away and you have my permission (not worth much) to not worry.

I agree with egads and you probably have a blown bulb,

The earlier model odysseys are equipped with the traditional bulb style (incandescent) indicator/backlight lamps.

Newer style's are equipped with LED indicators that have a much higher success rate.
    I'm not really a Honda Tech... I just play one on this forum..

Now you have the opinion of someone who actually works on Odys at a dealer. Worth much more than mine.

Thanks for your replys, we will continue with our vacation and have the bulb changed at our next service

I will come back

well my dad's 01 oddy had same sysmpton i guess during winter time.. then it came back... wow...

Probably loose connection , or just blown bulb...

You definately have a blown D light. My 97 Avalon had the same blown D light also two fuel and instrument lights were blown. It was very inconvenient to see the fuel level at night. My mechanic popped the dash and replaced all those lights and everything is peachy.
    '01 GG EX 87 k miles
    Mud Guard, Wheel Lock, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats, Leather Steerling Wheel Cover, Pioneer 1655 front speakers, 1086 rear speakers, Weathertech Cargo Liner, Lojack, Garmin NUVI 650, New Tranny @ 60K, Engine Mount @ 75K

Unhappy D light not working

I have a 1999 with 140,000 miles. All of a sudden, my D light is not working. All of the rest of them are OK, and i guess if I dont see a light, I know I am in Drive! i bought a new bulb, but where do I go to replace it? Is it hard to get back there? I would like to do it myself if I dont have to take the whole van apart!

You don't need to take the whole van apart. Probably you need to pop the panel to get to the blown bulb.
    '01 GG EX 87 k miles
    Mud Guard, Wheel Lock, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats, Leather Steerling Wheel Cover, Pioneer 1655 front speakers, 1086 rear speakers, Weathertech Cargo Liner, Lojack, Garmin NUVI 650, New Tranny @ 60K, Engine Mount @ 75K

Well, I'd like to tell you that there is a detailed thread with pictures and everything. There may even be one. But I can't find it. Here is one that describes how to get the cluster out:

Odometer AND clock light both out

You may also want to read the main big clock lamp replacement thread. You must start by removing the dash pieces described there.

Thanks for your replys. I did take a look at the instructions and photos on the thread about how to replace the clock light. So for the Drive indicator bulb, all I have to take apart only the lower instrument panel, not the upper one? It is a lot of work for just one tiny bulb!

Yes it is. Which is the main reason to do it yourself. A dealer will charge $80-100. @ hour to do it. And they will charge "book time" That means they charge what their books say it should take in time regardless of how long it actually takes.

14. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements