Auto Window not rolling all the way up?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auto Window not rolling all the way up?

Auto Window not rolling all the way up?

Just purchased an 03 EX-L w/ DVD last week. Loving the van so far, except for a few minor issues (clock bulb out, whistling sound when in a crosswind from windsheild molding - both fixed thanks to this forum).

The other problem I'm having is just annoying. The auto function on my driver's side window isn't working going up. It will go down fine, but when you use the auto going up, the window goes partially up, then goes back down a little and stops.

I tried reprogramming the auto function using the owner's manual instructions with no luck.

Any other ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Trying checking to make sure the weather stripping isn't blocking the window from going up. I had this issue with my 02. The window wouldn't close all the way.
    2002 Honda Odyssey EX

There is a program procedure to set the auto window movement in the OEM service manual. I don't have my manual at the moment but I think it was something like holding the button in the up position until it closes and hold for five or so seconds. Then do the same thing in the down direction. Maybe someone with a manual handy can verify the procedure. Since it goes up all the way manually I wouldn't wxpect anything with the gasket.
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

Does it show any signs of resistance or difficulty when the window is traveling up?

The auto-up feature is designed to detect something in its path like a child's head or neck and will stop and retract a little. I think it is called "Pinch Guard".

Another possibility is that the motor is weak and the pinch guard is being activated prematurely.

A simple test with the door open, initiate the auto up and while the window starts to roll up, palm both sides of the window and help it travel upwards to see if it will close all the way.
    06 Odyssey EX-L R&N
    -- future accessories: Tow Hitch
    03 Infiniti G35, Premium, Nav, Sport package

Another possibility is that the motor is weak and the pinch guard is being activated prematurely.
    I think this may be the problem - weak motor and premature activation of the pinch guard.

I tried to reprogram it last night following the manual steps again and no dice. I can't see anything obstructing the path, so I would guess it has to be the motor/switch not functioning properly.

Any other ideas/suggestions are definately welcome.

7. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements