Sliding doors cost to fix
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sliding doors cost to fix

Sliding doors cost to fix

Anybody knows how much it will cost to fix a broken slide door from Honda? I'm just wondering about it if my warranty ever expire. Thanks.
    08 EX-L Nav + RES
    03 BMW 530i manual

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Hmmm, are you sure that only the door will break? There's much more to wonder about because you never know what might break or how. Beware! Beware!
    01 Ody LX 200k miles Granite Green, keyless remote, hidden hitch, front speaker upgrade, CD player
    10 Accord LX - headrests are a pain
    04 Accord LX V6 - sold
    02 XR200R - sold
    99 Harmony (two)
    95 Pressure washer
    77 Accord - great car, long gone

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    Might as well figure in the cost of the others such as backup camera, RES and heated seats while your at it. For your trim level, I'd suggest an Extended Warranty if you are keeping it long-term.
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

Originally posted by New Dad New Van
    Might as well figure in the cost of the others such as backup camera, RES and heated seats while your at it. For your trim level, I'd suggest an Extended Warranty if you are keeping it long-term.
    Well I'm more concern about the doors rather the camera since is a moving part. Moving parts seems to break more frequetly than others. And the doors are being used most of the times.

I've had other Nav before and usually no problems even the BMWs.

DVD and screen? How often do you hear your home DVD or your TV breaking down on you? I'm sure there are cases here and there but i have more concern about the doors.

So i take it no one knows yet? Thanks.
    08 EX-L Nav + RES
    03 BMW 530i manual

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

Originally posted by mojoe721

So i take it no one knows yet? Thanks.
    The question is really a little too open-ended. The cost to repair will vary depending on what the fault actually is, right?

By far and away the most common issues on the gen 2's were the door jamb switches / circuits and the closer motor latch assemblies.

Since the gen 3 added the harness to the sliding door and eliminated the junction switch issue, the doors have been relatively trouble free.

There have been some B-CAN issues causing slide door troubles (along with other issues) that can be traced to corroded connections, water in the under-dash fuse panels, blown 40 amp fuses in the under-hood aux fuse panel, poor T2 and T3 power feed connections, etc..., but there really is no one definative answer to your question, just a rather non-committal "it depends..."

Sorry.

JD
    "Success is 99% Failure"
    Soichiro Honda

Originally posted by New Dad New Van
    These are for parts only:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...DE+DOOR+MOTORS
    Thanks New Dad New Van!

Looking at the diagram.. if any one main component goes down, it looks like it will take around $500 fix. I'm just estimating the labor by doubleing the cost of the most expensive part.
    08 EX-L Nav + RES
    03 BMW 530i manual

Re: Sliding doors cost to fix

Originally posted by mojoe721
    Anybody knows how much it will cost to fix a broken slide door from Honda? I'm just wondering about it if my warranty ever expire. Thanks.
    When I bought my 2002 they told me it was $1500 to fix them. I assume it has only gone up since then...

Re: Re: Sliding doors cost to fix

Originally posted by LampCord
    When I bought my 2002 they told me it was $1500 to fix them. I assume it has only gone up since then...
    You gotta stop listening to auto dealers.

I don't know which doors your talking about, but for my 05 touring the driverside sliding door cable broke on me and it cost me $694 to put in the new motor to run the door open and close. Because the cable is all-in-one. So, I thinking on line for the motor and cable assembly $250. But, dealer it might be $280 to $300 just for the part and $329+$65 for the teardown to see what's the problem. Hopefully, this gives you a answer to your question.

12. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements