Radio not working after reconnecting battery
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Radio not working after reconnecting battery

Radio not working after reconnecting battery

I disconnected the battery while perfoming maintanence and after reconnecting the battery I cannot turn the radio on or did the prompt to enter the security code. I checked the radio fuses (13) and disconnected /reconnected the battery. Any Ideas?
    ZaknMandy

96 Accord EX
    98 Honda HRM Lawn Mower
    00 Odyssey EX
    02 Accord Coupe LX

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Re: Radio not working after reconnecting battery

Originally posted by zaknmandy
    I disconnected the battery while perfoming maintanence and after reconnecting the battery I cannot turn the radio on or did the prompt to enter the security code. I checked the radio fuses (13) and disconnected /reconnected the battery. Any Ideas?
    I don't understand. It asked you the code and you entered it, or it didn't ask you at all?

He said his radio does not turn on so no code screen ever showed up.

Radio never powered up so I didn't get anything on the radio and the anti theft light is out. Everything else works fine (dome lights, sliding doors, etc.). Yesterday I checked fuse #3 under the dash on the driver's side and fuses #9 and #11 in the passenger side fuse box. They all looked good. I also disconnected the battery for over an hour. Still doesn't work. Not sure what else to do other than pull the radio. I have to be missing something.

GO EAGLES!!!!
    ZaknMandy

96 Accord EX
    98 Honda HRM Lawn Mower
    00 Odyssey EX
    02 Accord Coupe LX

Originally posted by zaknmandy
    Radio never powered up so I didn't get anything on the radio and the anti theft light is out. Everything else works fine (dome lights, sliding doors, etc.). Yesterday I checked fuse #3 under the dash on the driver's side and fuses #9 and #11 in the passenger side fuse box. They all looked good. I also disconnected the battery for over an hour. Still doesn't work. Not sure what else to do other than pull the radio. I have to be missing something.

GO EAGLES!!!!
    There may be an inline fuse that blew-out on the radio's power wire. Maybe the power surge burned it out when the new battery was hooked up. Other than that, I'm out of idea's.

Not sure if something inside of the radio got fried, or maybe even the power wire has become disconnected. I guess stranger things have happened to people before.

I'm rootin' for the 'Birds too, but I think NY is just a tad bit better than us right now. I hope I'm wrong

Any power to accessary sockets? Check F8 on drivers under dash panel. Measure voltage at all the fuses you have listed.
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

It's been awhile for me to respond but I finally restored power to the radio by disconnecting the positive battery cable and letting it sit overnight. Next morning I connected the cable and entered the code, worked as advertised. I guess I didn't leave the cable off long enough the first time. I must of checked and rechecked every possible fuse and was just about to yank out the radio. For some odd reason I decided to disconnect the positive battery cable after returning from a long night out. Thanks for all the help.
    ZaknMandy

96 Accord EX
    98 Honda HRM Lawn Mower
    00 Odyssey EX
    02 Accord Coupe LX

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements