HomeLink Does Not Work - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HomeLink Does Not Work

You may have programmed it properly and not know it. You need to press the key(s) you programmed in for at least 2 seconds before the garage door opens/closes. I didn't like the way this works, I like to just press the button once and door opens/closes and not have to "press and hold" button for 2 seconds in order for it to work.

Maybe this is the issue???
    Alex
    '02 SS ODY EX-L RES,Leather Wrap Steering Wheel, Cargo Mat,
    Calgon Mirror Bra, Door Edging,
    Wheels Locks, Roof Rack Cross Bars
    Mudguards, Weathertech Floormats

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Homelink

Originally posted by nyvram
    I went straight to the Homelink PDF referenced above in this thread & followed their directions precisely (I have a 1999 GENIE rolling code GDO) and it worked without a hitch.

No need to unplug or anything else; here are the steps:

1. hold 2 outer buttons 20 secs
    2. hold remote next to homelink in van until flash blinking becomes slow
    3. verify it didn't 'catch' the rolling code (2 secs of fast blinking followed by solid light) whenever i pressed the homelink button
    4. pushed 'learn' button on GENIE (behind the faceplate where the light bulb is on the left as I'm facing the rear of garage)
    5. ran quickly back to van (you got 30 seconds) and pressed the homelink button solidly (for like 1 second).
    6. pressed it a second time
    7. then whenever I pressed & held for like 1/2-1 sec, up & down goes the door

et voila

I couldn't follow that link above, but I did go to homelink.com. However, their instructions didn't solve my problem.

What eventually solved my problems are the instructions I quoted above. In my case, I needed to follow the two-step method of first programing the homelink button using the remote transmitter; then second, programming the same homelink button using the GDO's learn button.

A big thanks to nyvram for your tips.

My brand new GDO is a liftmaster professional, security + (intelli-code), model series 1200.
    08 Ody EXL-RES, 116k miles, Auto Vent Shade Hood Deflector, Window Wind Deflector, Tru-Cool ATF Cooler
    02 Ody EX, 89 k miles, Starlight Silver (totaled)
    93 Del Sol Si, Black, 157k miles, stock
    2000 CRV EX-L, sold in 2002
    97 Ody EX, Heather Mist. sold in 2000
    90 Civic DX, 100k miles, sold in 2000

I've tried to program my 03's homelink to work with my liftmaster gdo. After finishing all the steps (learning and training for rolling codes), all my homelink does (but it does it really well!) is turn the light on the gdo on or off--weird because my original remote doesn't have a button to toggle only the light. Any suggestions?
    03 SS EX-L Navi

I was able to program my Garage door opener after disabling wireless garage door operation instead of turning off. Also programmed the second and third buttons to arm/disarm my X10 based security system.
    =========================================
    2005 - Honda Odyssey EX (Desert Rock Metallic) with Billet Grille
    1995 - Volkswagen Passat V6
    =========================================

HomeLink Device Compatability List

I have an Allister ARD IIA GDO. I'm not sure if HomeLink is compatable or not, however, the previous owner of this home used an integrated opener in his truck so I'm assuming that it must be compatible. I've read the tips about clearing the codes first, checking to see if it's a rolling code system (it's from 1987, not a rolling code system), replacing the battery and still nothing. I'm thinking that maybe it's not compatible. Any other ideas before I stop trying to program this?

--Aaron

DrD

Re: HomeLink Device Compatability List

Originally posted by apjohnson
    I have an Allister ARD IIA GDO. I'm not sure if HomeLink is compatable or not, however, the previous owner of this home used an integrated opener in his truck so I'm assuming that it must be compatible. I've read the tips about clearing the codes first, checking to see if it's a rolling code system (it's from 1987, not a rolling code system), replacing the battery and still nothing. I'm thinking that maybe it's not compatible. Any other ideas before I stop trying to program this?
    if it's not a rolling code, it's even easier - reset the homelink system (outside two buttons for half a minute or so), then train one of the buttons to the garage door remote - hold the homelink button in the van down, then keep pressing and holding the remote button until the homelink trains on it (so press, hold for a few seconds, lift off, then press, etc. - until the homelink transmitter trains on it) - with a non-rolling code system, the remote code is fixed (doesn't change) - you get the homelink system to mimic it and you are done. With a rolling code system, you train the homelink system to one of the rolling code remotes, then train the garage door opener to recognize the homelink system (hence the second step).

I had a problem with mine holding/keeping the code (Genie Excellerator with rolling code).

The Homelink people told me to replace the battery in my hand held remote to send a stronger signal when programming.

This worked!

This was the first Homelink person who did more than just walk me through the procedure. I had also taken it to Honda who was no help.

It works fine now.

I became frustrated last night when I first tried to program HomeLink and couldn't get it to work. Of course, it was rainy and dark, so I didn't try very hard.

This morning, after resetting the HomeLink, (pressing two outside buttons for 20 seconds) programming worked like a charm.

My weirdness: after trying a million times to get mine to do anything except toggle the light on or off, I programmed the middle button instead of the left and now it works perfectly. I've been meaning to try programming the left button with my parents' GDO (same kind) to see if my left button is somehow broken, but keep forgetting when I have the chance.
    03 SS EX-L Navi

Thanks for the suggestions, but prior to my original post, I had tried all of those things. I replaced the battery, tried all three buttons, nothing.

The only thing similar to my experience was:
    Originally posted by Campngolf
    I became frustrated last night when I first tried to program HomeLink and couldn't get it to work. Of course, it was rainy and dark,....
    I kind of doubt that external environmental conditions have anything to do with the ability to program HomeLink...but that's the only thing that I have not yet tried. I guess I will try it again when it's not dark and rainy outside...but I'm not holding out any hope.

Any other ideas?

Last edited by apjohnson; 01-03-2006 at 01:03 AM.

My door opener has 2 types of remote: visor and keychain. I could not program homelink with keychain remote, no matter what I tried, visor remote did the job on the first try.
    04 EX-L Navi Sage Brush Pearl
    - Cargo tray; Stealth reverse camera; Fog lights; A/T & P/S coolers
    01 Galant Silver

I only have one remote for my garage. It has a single button with a selector switch on the side to select which of the two garage doors to open. It's a visor style opener.

14. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements