Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Check Airbag Light

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mjody 
#1 ·
Had the "Check Airbag light " on intermittently for a week. Wouldn't come on all the time, just occasionally, then reset when the van was turned off. Figured that I would have to wait until it was on and then get it to the dealer, otherwise they wouldn't be able to relplicate. Got it there last night. Turned out to be a cable in the steering column.
While it was there they did their (money maker) safety check. Came back and said I was due for the timing belt change. I said, " I have 80,000 miles on the van, Honda says to do it at 105,000." The salesman said that Honda considers south Florida as extreme, and therfore recommends doing it now. He claimed that the timing belts dry out. Told him I'd wait for 105,000 miles.

#2 ·
dsprince said:
Had the "Check Airbag light " on intermittently for a week. Wouldn't come on all the time, just occasionally, then reset when the van was turned off. Figured that I would have to wait until it was on and then get it to the dealer, otherwise they wouldn't be able to relplicate. Got it there last night. Turned out to be a cable in the steering column.
While it was there they did their (money maker) safety check. Came back and said I was due for the timing belt change. I said, " I have 80,000 miles on the van, Honda says to do it at 105,000." The salesman said that Honda considers south Florida as extreme, and therfore recommends doing it now. He claimed that the timing belts dry out. Told him I'd wait for 105,000 miles.
Stealers always trying to make money.:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.