Front AC Blower not working
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front AC Blower not working

Front AC Blower not working

I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey. The front AC Blower is not working. I can see the AC display react to increasing or decreasing the blower speed, but nothing comes out. Rear AC Blower seems to be fine. I check around in the fuse boxes and everything looks ok. Is it most likely a AC Blower Motor or could it be something else? Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

does it blow air when you max out the blower speed,,try a search on the topic
    Pete

Canadian working south of the border(to many K miles)
    2004 oddy exl 120K miles TB,Wp cw
    2007 accord exl-nav 4 cly std 68K miles

I don't get anything blowing out of it. Saw a couple of other posts too. They all had mentioned that they had been able to get air out at full blast, I don't, so I thought that it could be something else.

ASSuming you have an EX you will have to get out the voltmeter and trace the circuit out. IF you have an LX the resister pack is most likely blown.
    F56 or blower motor relay in under hood relay box, blower motor.
    Last edited by William Wiles; 10-04-2009 at 09:58 AM.
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

I'm having this same exact problem. Front won't do anything, but the back works just fine.

Mine is a 06 Honda Odyssey LX

Any idea where I can get a replacement resister pack?

I'll chime in on my experience with the resistor pack on a 2000 LX. My resistor was blown, and the fan WORKED at full speed only. So rather than through money at a possible non-needed part, do the work to trouble shoot the circuit. First with a VOM you can check the resistance of the pack. Mine, which was bad read open, so it was easy for me (don't forget my fan worked at full speed). I would pull the the pack and read the resistance, if that were good then I'd apply 12 volts directly to the blower motor, if it works then you go from there (trouble shoot the circuit). Lots of luck, Russ.
    2000 LX, tranny cooler, original transmission, self maintained, 140K miles.

On LX the resistor pack is bypassed when on high. Therefore if it does not work on high it is not the resistor pack.
    As above check F56 and the blower relay in the under hood fuse panel. Or possibly a bad motor. Get a voltmeter and trace it out.
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

me too

My 06 EX is experiencing the same thing. Anyone find out what it was? Where do I find the blower motor relay on the EX?

Front air stopped blowing today in my 2006 Touring. Rear air is blowing, however now its hot air. Able to change temp and fan speed with no problems. Even tried the front defroster with no luck. Suggestions?

wpatrick,

Did you figure this out, my touring is doing the exact same thing.

Thanks

Same problem on my 2007 Odyssey EX. I don't get cold air at all. The rear control the rear fan but no cold air. Front digital control appear to function but nothing blows or gets cold. Anybody find the problem?

DIY- How to Fix, AC power transistor - Honda-Tech. Has procedures to check out the transistor under the dash. I have the same problem and my part checked bad.

Honda wanted 112$ for the transistor for the a/c with auto mode. Picked up the thermal cut off form digikey for 60 cents. Just changed it out. Works great. This thermal cut off took a little bit of soldering. I ordered the part shown in this you tube video. The transistor is different in the 07 but the thermal cut off is the same part.

if you short the thermistor as presented in some of the threads, make sure to re-install the entire assembly so the heat sink is seated in the duct. the heat issue is not trivial! without the airflow, you will melt the case, likely destroy the transistor, and may cause fire! I speak from experience!!! this fix works well though!

Hi all - apparently this problem has shown up on my 2006 LX. Rear blower works fine but the front does nothing even at full power. I pulled the Resister pack and tested across pins 3-4(opposite side of the button on the connector). I got 1500 ohms so I assume that the resistor is ok. I got power at the 40 amp heater fuse under the hood as well. Does this say that the blower motor itself is bad? I saw a video for the earlier generation Ody and this did not seem too bad other than the location of the part but how much is the part typically? I assume this is a dealer only part?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements