Creaking Noise When Backing Up
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Creaking Noise When Backing Up

Creaking Noise When Backing Up

When I back up/turn the steering wheel I hear a creaking noise up near the steering wheel or dash--would this be a problem with suspension or shocks/struts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

There is a technical service bulletin for this (I don't have the #, sorry). The copy I had showed that it applied to 1999-2000 Odysseys, but I didn't have any problem getting my EARLY 2001 Odyssey repaired.

I believe it simply requires some lubrication of the frunt strut mount bushings.

Good luck,
    Nelson
    1990 Mustang LX 5.0
    2011 GS350
    2014 Odyssey EX-L
    2007 Odyssey LX (Adios)
    2001 Odyssey LX (Adios)
    http://fiveoh.homestead.com

Thanks. I'll try to look that up. In the middle of moving out of state, plan on getting it in for service (including the transmission bang) once I get settled, and about 5 weeks before the warranty runs out (although I'm seriously considering getting a Honda Car 7/100,000)

Do you still have your repair order when you got that fixed? It should list the bulletin number on that. If you have that, please post.

What SoFlaOdyssey is referring to isn't actually a TSB yet and may not ever be for the fact that it isn't a mainstream problem yet....

The Honda engineering squad reads what you people have to say and I have seen numerous post on this topic...so a TSB may well be on its way in the near future, and Honda techs are aware of this problem...

And yes..SoFlaOdyssey is correct , it requires lubing the upper strut mounting plates to eliminate a dashboard creaking/clicking noise...
    I'm not really a Honda Tech... I just play one on this forum..

Here is what I have.

I don't know if it's a TSB or not. The numbers at the top are not very legible.

The service 'receipt' states something about lubricating and reseating the front springs.
    Nelson
    1990 Mustang LX 5.0
    2011 GS350
    2014 Odyssey EX-L
    2007 Odyssey LX (Adios)
    2001 Odyssey LX (Adios)

I can't seem to insert the image....

Let me try attaching the file.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nelson
    1990 Mustang LX 5.0
    2011 GS350
    2014 Odyssey EX-L
    2007 Odyssey LX (Adios)
    2001 Odyssey LX (Adios)

Thanks

Unhappy Creaking noise

My 2000 LX has a creaking noise that occurs whenever the vehicle is moving very slowly, under 5mph, while turning the steering wheel. Moving any faster than that and the noise goes away. The noise seems to originate under the hood close to the stearing wheel area on the left side.

I demonstrated the symptom to my dealer's service manager. He and the technician are taking a stance to not repair it. They say it is a characteristic of the vehicle and not a problem. I told him that I am aware of a TSB that suggests greasing the top mount of the left strut cartridge. He said the noise we are hearing is not from that area.

He may be correct, but I am not buying into that. Frank;y, I do not know what to do at this point. The car has 900 miles remaining on it's warranty. The way I drive that will last a few weeks.

Where can I do now? I live in the metro Milwaukee area. Is there a regional manager that can help?

Re: Creaking noise

Originally posted by Mark Payette

Where can I do now? I live in the metro Milwaukee area. Is there a regional manager that can help? [/B]
    Hmmm.. I'm in metro Milwaukee. May I ask which dealer you bring it to? I guess I'd try another service department. I was pretty happy with the people at Honda City, but haven't needed anythign major done, either. Then again, they didn't really believe me about the sliding door sticking and needing lubrication, either...

Anyway, I'd try another Honda dealer--there sure are a lot in the area!

Lori
    2002 Redrock Pearl LX
    Single CD player
    Cargo Tray

Did you show them what I posted here?
    Nelson
    1990 Mustang LX 5.0
    2011 GS350
    2014 Odyssey EX-L
    2007 Odyssey LX (Adios)
    2001 Odyssey LX (Adios)