Program Keyless remote.
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Program Keyless remote.

Question Program Keyless remote.

Anyone know how to programming/re-programming (learn) the keyless remote?
    Thx
    Azon Chan

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I was told by the dealer that they need to have all the remotes and the vehicle in order to program/re-program a remote.

I looked into this topic hoping to buy a remote from somewhere (maybe Ebay) and getting it reprogrammed for an extra set. I don't want to pay the dealer's overpriced fee for the service. Unfortunately, I came up empty on my search. If you find anything out let me know.

Chris

I was unable to find a way to do it.
    Chris
    99 EX Deep Velvet Blue; Fog Lights; Air Deflector; Splash Guards; Cargo Tray; Cargo Mat; Audiovox DVD Mobile Video System in a Bag; WeatherTech Floormats

This is what I found out in the 1999-2001 Service Manual.

The word “Transmitter” refers to the keyless remotes. And the “Control Unit” (or Driver’s Multiplex Control Unit) is the white plastic box next to the parking brake. Below are the are the exact instructions. Please tell us how it works out.

- nemogira

Transmitter Programming
    -----------------------
    Storing transmitter codes:
    The codes of up to three transmitters can be read into the keyless receiver unit memory. (If a fourth code is stored, the code which was input first will be erased.)

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between steps. Make sure the doors, the hood and the tailgate are closed.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)
    2. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button
    3. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.
    4. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    5. Within 1 to 4 sec., push transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver (control unit)
    6. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.
    7. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    8. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver (control unit).
    9. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.
    10. Within 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    11. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver (control unit)
    12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.
    13. Within 10 sec., aim the transmitters (up to three) whose codes you to store the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
    14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.
    15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.

Talking

Thx
    Azon Chan

Question

Would I have to use a Honda remote? An Oddysey specific remote?

Thanks,
    Eric

------------------
    2001 TW EX - Trans Cooler, Bug Shield, Leather Steering Wheel Cover, Wheel Well Liners
    2007 SP EX - Mud Flaps, Wheel Locks, Pin Stripe

2009 Accord EX-L Navi Manual Transmission

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by erickam:
    Would I have to use a Honda remote? An Oddysey specific remote?
    </font>
    Good queston. You could probably use any old Honda remote for the LX. I don't know about the EX (with the power sliding doors and all). As for non-Honda remotes - I'm not sure. But you never know.

-nemogira

Talking

After I won the auction on ebay for an Odyssey remote, I got an email wanting to sell me the programing instructions for $10 bucks. I wrote back telling him I have the Helms manual and knowledgeable people on honda-odyssey.com

[This message has been edited by exindenver (edited 04-27-2001).]

Thumbs down

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by exindenver:
    After I won the auction on ebay for an Odyssey remote, I got an email wanting to sell me the programing instructions for $10 bucks. I wrote back telling him I have the Helms manual and knowledgeable people on honda-odyssey.com

[This message has been edited by exindenver (edited 04-27-2001).]
    </font>
    10 Bucks!!! Yeah right. Anyway...please tell us how it goes once they come in.

-nemogira

In a different thread (http://www.honda-odyssey.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000088.html), Moo reported that she got a remote from Ebay and used the programming technique and it all worked fine. She provided the programming instructions in a shorthand version.
    Chris

------------------
    99 EX Deep Velvet Blue; Fog Lights; Air Deflector; Splash Guards; Cargo Tray; Cargo Mat
    Chris
    99 EX Deep Velvet Blue; Fog Lights; Air Deflector; Splash Guards; Cargo Tray; Cargo Mat; Audiovox DVD Mobile Video System in a Bag; WeatherTech Floormats

Administrator

Originally posted by Moo

Hello, I hope I am posting this in the right place. Anyway, I bought another keyless entry remote from ebay for my Ody. My husband has a tendancy to lose his keys. The remote is so useful not just for unlocking doors, but for openning and closing them since we have the EX. I got the remote for about $30 on ebay. They are frequently available on ebay.

Anyway, I thought I would post the programming instructions here. It is really quite simple:

1. put your key in the ignition and turn it on without starting the engine (all the lights on the dash should be on). I will refer this as ON in future steps
    2. press any key on the new remote. I will refer it as CLICK in future steps
    3. turn the keys all the way off (without taking the key off. I will refer it as OFF in future steps
    4. ON
    5. CLICK
    6. OFF
    7. ON
    8. CLICK
    9. OFF
    10. ON
    11. CLICK (you should hear the locks cycle right now)
    12. You now have a few seconds to CLICK again

You should be all set to go now.
    Admin

Moo

You may also be interested that this procedure is needed not only for new remotes, but for existing remotes that got deprogrammed. My husband's remote quit working one day and I thought it was the battery. I took it to the dealer to check and it turned out that if someone the remote was dropped or jerked a certain way such that the contact to the battery was lost, the memory will also be lost, so that it would required to be reprogrammed. I assume this will also be the case when you have to change the battery. What you need to do to check if it is the battery is by pressing a button on the remote and see if the red light comes on. If it does, it is probably not the battery. You should then try to program it again per the instructions above.

Has anybody tried w/ non-Honda remotes?

-nemogira

Keyless remote transmitter

I lost my key and the remote transmitter for my 02 Odyssey EX-L RES (the wife still has hers and she won't let me forget it). A new key (with the microchip) at the Honda Dealer cost me $25 (the local Ace Hardware store has a machine which they said will program a key for a few bucks less).

The price for a new remote at the dealer is $125 so I tried ordering one from an internet site listed on the Odyclub but the price of $75 turned out to be to good to be true, it was the wrong remote and I had to return it. If you have to order a remote I would sugggest talking to a real person to make sure you are getting the right Honda part number (which I will post when I finally get the right remote).

Also, ACE Hardware has a club which offers rebates for purchases but also provides a tag (2 ea) to put on your keys which is barcoded with your membership number and which says for a finder to drop in any mailbox and ACE will return the keys to an ACE Store near you who will telephone you. All at no charge to you. This might work and is better than $150 + tax for a new Odessy key and remote. See <www.acehardware.com>
    02 ODY EXL RES Taffeta White (sold)
    05 CRV EXL white
    09 ODY EXL white

Check Ebay for remotes. I got a couple at something like $40 each.

Question Remote Issue

I also purchased remotes on ebay. They appear to function (red light flashes when a button is pressed), but could not get them programmed using directions posted on this site.

Took them to my dealer, and he said that the remotes were changed in 2001, and these were for 99 - 2000. of course I could buy one from him at $129.

Does anyone know if there was a change for the 2001 EX?

thanks...

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements